ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My application reached CIC on 03/10. Waiting for check to clear.

Request everyone waiting for CIC approval to send their CIC timelines and request jasper/vsrao to update spreadsheet with these timelines.

This is a great forum for helping each other with advice, comments. Gives us all an idea where we stand relative to each other in terms of CIC processing time. And most importantly this forum with so many active and generous members is helpig to calm nerves and make our long wait more manageable. Clearly a lot is at stake in terms of everyone's future plans with AINP and I hope everyone reaches that goal. Proves to me once again that journey is equally as important as destination.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
sam70 said:
I have not submitted I-797 to show valid H-1B. I think I will also get my packet back.As after getting nomination, I recently moved to EAD status one and half month after getting nomination. Will this be a problem?
You should be fine. If they need they will request you dont worry or you can send(EAD info & Change of employement) them when you get AOR.

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010
Landing Experience/Coming Back to the US using AVR

Let me begin by saying this is my first post. But I am not new to the site nor the AINP. I have been a passive participant of this forum all along while reading invaluable posts/comments by ingegarcia, dnataraj, chow, akk, ccharbert, rascojenkins, nix1, despoimmigrant just to name a few. Posting my landing experience may be my small contribution in exchange for so much info/help I got from this forum.

I am an SRS-H-1B nominee (nominated back in Jan 2009) and subsequently applied to CIC. Did medicals in last May and finally got my immigrant visa in last Sept. I (along with my wife and a 3-year old son) landed in Canada via Niagara Falls (Rainbow bridge) on March 1st week. The lady officer at the entry-point asked me few questions like: purpose of the visit, how many people, any goods you want to import today, money in excess of C$10k, any firearms in the vehicle etc. I told her I will be doing landing formalities for now and will permanently move in the summer. Once I answered to here questions, she handed me a yellow slip and asked me to go to the building to her left. I checked with one of he officers inside and he did the paperwork for me (he did not greet me however, neither at the beginning or at the end of the process :().
Few important questions/answers are as follows:
1. The very first thing he asked was did I have a bank statement (be prepared guys...) and I had one.
2. I provided my friend's address and he asked me whether it was my own address. I said it was my own addrees ;D
3. He was done with the paparwork and asked me to go to another officer at the far right for the goods-to-follow list approval. I was driving the same vehicle that I had listed as vehicle to follow. The new officer simply agreed that I could do the necessary paperwork for my vehicle when I permanently move in summer. He approved/stamped my goods-to-follow list and handed back to me.

In a nutshell, pretty much everything went very smoothly. I aked the same officer if he could give the address for the nearby Service Canada office and he did (it was so nice of him). I drove a couple of miles and applied for the SIN card. Within a couple of hours, we were done with landing and decided to head back the US.

Coming back to the US was not that bad either. I showed my counterfieted Canadian Immigrant visa and my current H-1B at the entry point (my expired US visa was on my another expired passport and the officer did not ask for that passport for some reason). He took those documents and simply wanted us to park the vehicle at their parking space and go on the second floor of the building to the left and collect our documents. After few minutes of waiting inside the building, an officer called us inside, asked few questions like where I had been in Canada, for how long, where I live in the US and what I did (he was double-checking with me everything he already knew I guess). He banged our documents on the front desk and said, "you are all set". Voila.....
We were happy to be in the US again!

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
ChrisLamb,
Thanks for sharing !

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
ChrisLamb

Did you physically carry the Proof of funds (CA $16,967) in form of bankers check/cash with you while landing in Canada or just provide evidence that you had the necessary funds by showing a Bank Account statement?

Also, did you get a bank statement generated from the bank directly or print an online statement (like most banks do now a days)? Was it in US $ ?

Thansk!

ChrisLamb

Mar 16, 2010
maverick2305 said:
ChrisLamb

Did you physically carry the Proof of funds (CA $16,967) in form of bankers check/cash with you while landing in Canada or just provide evidence that you had the necessary funds by showing a Bank Account statement?

Also, did you get a bank statement generated from the bank directly or print an online statement (like most banks do now a days)? Was it in US $ ?

Thansk!
I did not physically carry any proof of funds (check/cash etc.). I simply had a bank statement from the last statement cycle (printed online) plus a bank letter certifying that I had the funds (that included average balance over last one year). However, the officer was specific about the bank statement when he asked me first (he took a look at the letter too, however).
The funds were obviously in the US dollars and slightly exceeded their min requirement.

shvr007

Mar 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2009
Nomination.....
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Interview........
No Interview
I need some information. Can anyone share insigts/experiences?

My AINP was approved and have recently submitted my PR application to CIC office in Buffalo, NY. My H1B will expire in the next few months and hence would like to start applying for jobs in Alberta. Need information on the below few things about work permit. Greatly appreciate any clarification/information.

a) What is the process for AINP approved candidates to obtain a work permit/Letter of support to start working in Alberta?
b) How long does it take to get the work permit ?
c) What is required of the employer through this process ?
d) Finally, will the stay on the work permit count fully towards the citizenship stay requirements (of 365*3 days) or will only 50% of the stay be counted?

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi all!
If you have already sent in your application to CIC and are in the process can you please send in information of the following dates to this thread? Jasper and vsrao are maintaining an awesome spreadsheet that helps us evaluate time trends. I note there are no entries since Aug 2009 filing date and think many of your cases are not in the list. Thus this request. Please spare some time and provide your timelines. Thanks a zillion!

Date Appl received by CIC:
Date CIC request for correction (if any):
Date Money Order cashed by CIC:
Date of Medical request/ AOR recd date:
Date medicals done:
Date of consular transfer:
Date of passport request from CIC:
Date passport received back with Visa:

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Manny

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
Hi All,
I am posting this comment in Panic whether my application will be processed? :(

My AINP appliation approved in APR 2009 and sent my appliaction with all documnets to CIC
on Nov 2009. Recived AOR with file number from CIC on March 2010.
My question is we are seeing lot post saying that Alberta closed it's Nomination Program for IT stating no
jobs available in IT field.
Will it affect my application processing in CIC or WIll CIC also closes the application which are in processing got through AINP program,.

Please some help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
saravkamaraj said:
Hi All,

My AINP appliation approved in APR 2009 and sent my appliaction with all documnets to CIC
My question is we are seeing lot post saying that Alberta closed it's Nomination Program for IT stating no
Will it affect my application processing in CIC or WIll CIC also closes the application which are in processing got through AINP program,.

saravkamaraj,

Did you also get Medical request along with AOR on March , 2010? Also could you please update your CIC time line on tracking sheet that Jasper and VSrao have created .

Thanks

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW - No
AINP app filed on: Jan 26, 2009
AINP Nomination: Nov 17, 2009
Application sent to CIC Buffalo: Feb 18, 2010
Application received by CIC on: Feb 19, 2010
Check Cashed : March 1, 2010

Manny said:
Hi all!
If you have already sent in your application to CIC and are in the process can you please send in information of the following dates to this thread? Jasper and vsrao are maintaining an awesome spreadsheet that helps us evaluate time trends. I note there are no entries since Aug 2009 filing date and think many of your cases are not in the list. Thus this request. Please spare some time and provide your timelines. Thanks a zillion!

Date Appl received by CIC:
Date CIC request for correction (if any):
Date Money Order cashed by CIC:
Date of Medical request/ AOR recd date:
Date medicals done:
Date of consular transfer:
Date of passport request from CIC:
Date passport received back with Visa:

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Manny

durka

Oct 25, 2008
saravkamaraj said:
Hi All,

you won't be affected. they are putting restrictions on the IT guys who applied some time back. but you were nominated in april, you will be fine. don't stress yourself with silly assumptions. and congratulations on getting a file number from CIC. Did you get a medical request too?

durka

saravkamaraj

Mar 8, 2010
durka said:
you won't be affected. they are putting restrictions on the IT guys who applied some time back. but you were nominated in april, you will be fine. don't stress yourself with silly assumptions. and congratulations on getting a file number from CIC. Did you get a medical request too?

durka
Thanks for response.
Yes I got medical also with AOR stating that not to schedule medical for next 3 months or unitl further info.

But in medical it states to do medical immedialtely or wuthin 60 days otherwise it will delay processing period.
I sent out an email to CIC regarding this confusion but no reply.
And got advice from other members to go ahead with medical as it will be valid for 12 months.So i am doing medical on friday.