Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baraynawab said:
Guys,
I looked at my COPR papers and noticed before No. 19 where it says

Calgary
AB DEST : 7090 18. NO _________________________

Did anyone of you guys has Calgary,AB in there COPR ?

Thanks
what is/was your timeline?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes I did and actually ended up landing/living in Edmonton instead... btw my timeline is in the URL below...

www.trackitt.com/member/ingegarcia

baraynawab said:
Guys,
I looked at my COPR papers and noticed before No. 19 where it says

Calgary
AB DEST : 7090 18. NO _________________________

Did anyone of you guys has Calgary,AB in there COPR ?

Thanks

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
hi inge,
i am just wondering if u got ur PR CARD in the mail or not......if u did, then how long did it take from the day u landed...?

thank u

ingegarcia said:
Yes I did and actually ended up landing/living in Edmonton instead... btw my timeline is in the URL below...

trackitt.com/member/ingegarcia

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes I already got my PR card in my Edmonton's address exactly one month and one week after landing.....

razbeen said:
hi inge,
i am just wondering if u got ur PR CARD in the mail or not......if u did, then how long did it take from the day u landed...?

thank u

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I submitted CIC application last week after waiting for FBI results. Finally it came this week with mine being approved and my wife's request to have another finger printing done. I am continuously looking at the check reciept if its been cashed or not. Can somebody please advise on the following:

- Should I send my FBI docs right away as my check is not yet cashed or wait until the check is cashed.
- Should I have my wife FBI done and then send it together but wondering would that be too late.
- Should I wait for AOR and then send it.

Please advise.

Thanks

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:

trackitt.com/member/ingegarcia
HI ingegarcia

How is the job market in there....I am planning to move there n ext summer....need some tips from seniors..

Thanks
Mouli

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
What your field are you in? it is important because if you have a regulated profession then you'll need to take tests and be approved by an institution here and that really takes time..

Anyway here are my 5 cents... I think spring/summer is a good time to come to Edmonton... I came in Winter and things are a little slower. But I think the economy is good at least the way I see it.
It is not like US where you see thousands of jobs posted but still there are jobs posted every single day on the internet...
I was blessed and I got my job when I was in US so I did not pass for the hardship of finding a job. However I've seen a couple of options out there if I wanted to move... but I am not considering that option at least in the short term.Also I have spoken to other immigrants and they took between 1-4 months to get a job here... at least in IT...

In general things move at slower pace in here, you need to make appointments for everything even to open an account. if you come with a job I recommend you to rent something close to it and don't rush to rent an Apt. Do your own research not only the apt but also the comunity and places around it. shopping centers, etc.
Close to the University of Alberta is nice... more young people living there... also people say that south is good place but I've never been there... Also there are some nice places in the north east, family oriented... the problem is that north east is an industrial zone..
Public transportation is good but still I would suggest you bring your own car so you can move easier to do your shopping, and check apts around.

Hope this helps...

emceemouli said:
HI ingegarcia

How is the job market in there....I am planning to move there n ext summer....need some tips from seniors..

Thanks
Mouli

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Can somebody advise on the below.

Thanks in advance

Mods777 said:
I submitted CIC application last week after waiting for FBI results. Finally it came this week with mine being approved and my wife's request to have another finger printing done. I am continuously looking at the check reciept if its been cashed or not. Can somebody please advise on the following:

- Should I send my FBI docs right away as my check is not yet cashed or wait until the check is cashed.
- Should I have my wife FBI done and then send it together but wondering would that be too late.
- Should I wait for AOR and then send it.

Please advise.

Thanks

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Mods777 said:
Can somebody advise on the below.

Thanks in advance
Mine is of the same situation... and CIC responded back saying me to wait 30 weeks until I hear from them(I hope AOR)

But you can enquire CIC through below site, where you have option to upload scan copies of it.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=buffalo

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Guys,

On the second page of E37048.pdf, is says that "attach the checklist to your
photocopied documents (a paper clip will do)." check list on this pdf is like 5 pages long. Do we need to attach this check list with our application? or is there a smaller checklist? or may be there is no need to attach it at all.

Thanks in advance,

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Guys,

Can anyone tell me the fax number where I can send my address in Alberta. I filled in online form twice but still no luck with PR card. Also I tried call centre but it says it cannot accept outside Canada #s. Can anyone send me the fax form (address notification for PR card)?

Inge, if you have any of this info let me know.

-DNA

shvr007

Mar 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2009
Nomination.....
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Interview........
No Interview
My AINP was approved and have recently submitted my PR application to CIC office in Buffalo, NY. My H1B will expire in the next few months and hence would like to start applying for jobs in Alberta. Need information on the below few things. Greatly appreciate any clarification/information.

a) What is the process for AINP approved candidates to obtain a work permit/Letter of support to start working in Alberta?
b) How long does it take to get the work permit ?
c) What is required of the employer through this process ?
d) Finally, will the stay on the work permit count fully towards the citizenship stay requirements (of 365*3 days) or will only 50% of the stay be counted?

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
Hi All,

I have submitted my CIC application two days before after getting nomination on Jan 4th 2010.I have forgot to add H-1B I-797 form. Except that I have submitted everything according to check list. Will I get my application returned? I recently moved to EAD status from H-1B. I have checked with with AINP and they said it is fine only require to maintain H-1B status until you get nomination. Is this true?

Please advise .

Thanks in advance,

sam70

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happened to CIC NY and Buffalo? No PPR is Feb and March? In January almost every week somebody was getting PPR. Did anybody get PPR recently?