+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipen said:
I did my medical checkup on august 27th file transfered to NY on sept 1st.

only sometime around dec 16th i figured there was a remedical request sent which i didnt receive due to address change issue.

I did remedical examination and file sent on dec 24th.

Feb 16th received PP request
Dipen:

Didn't you notify to post office so they could forward your medical request received at old address? Or Medical request mails cannot be forwarded? What was the reason?

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Hey folks,

I completed my medicals couple of weeks ago and as per Fed-ex tracking info, it was received by Ottawa office on 2/10/2010. Now when I checked the e-cas status, its says tht the file is "In-process".

Now my question:

How long does it usually take (if at all) to transfer the file to a local consulate--say like NY after sending in all the medical reqs?

TIA,

6Sigma

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
I have a question about following field on IMM0008egen form:

Visa office requested for your application:___________

When I submitted my application to AINP, I had filled Buffalo, NY as I thought this was the only option.

Now for submission of my application to CIC what options do I have ??
Is the choice based on state of your residence , I am in Indiana.

Have seen many people with their cases transferred to LA, NY, SFO consulates etc....and in some cases processing is faster.

Is Detroit an option for choice of consulate ?.....as this would be the closest to me in case I get called for an interview.

Thanks

Hangover

Feb 17, 2010
for most applicants its been about 2 - 3 months....Look at the timeline tracker maintained by Jasper & vsrao for accurate information.
Link is in vsrao's signature
6SigmaMBB said:
Hey folks,

I completed my medicals couple of weeks ago and as per Fed-ex tracking info, it was received by Ottawa office on 2/10/2010. Now when I checked the e-cas status, its says tht the file is "In-process".

Now my question:

How long does it usually take (if at all) to transfer the file to a local consulate--say like NY after sending in all the medical reqs?

TIA,

6Sigma

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
virgos said:
I have a question about following field on IMM0008egen form:

Visa office requested for your application:___________

When I submitted my application to AINP, I had filled Buffalo, NY as I thought this was the only option.

Now for submission of my application to CIC what options do I have ??
Is the choice based on state of your residence , I am in Indiana.

Have seen many people with their cases transferred to LA, NY, SFO consulates etc....and in some cases processing is faster.

Is Detroit an option for choice of consulate ?.....as this would be the closest to me in case I get called for an interview.

Thanks
FOR AINP Applicants , It has to be Buffalo, NY . This is what clearly mentioned on AINP Nomination letter

Thanks

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Canada.lover I have send a reply on your PM check it.

canada.lover said:
Dipen:

Didn't you notify to post office so they could forward your medical request received at old address? Or Medical request mails cannot be forwarded? What was the reason?

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Re: New Passport - Dipen

I have the same thing - Old and new passport business.
Logically since CIC and AB have screened your application all the way thru, at this point they shudn't need to verify the old passport details. However, inspite of this, I send both - old & new - to avoid any delay/ confusion.

Hope this helps! :)

despoimmigrant said:
Dipen check your inbox i sent you an reply. I sent both passports expired and non expired......... You got to understand you have F1 visa stamped on your old passports. They need to see your legal entry in United states. no harm sending both passports just to avoid delay.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
I sent only my new passport and a copy of the old. Felt it wasn't worth the risk of having 2 passports in the hands of the Consulate; got it back stamped with no issues.

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
I received this letter from Buffalo yesterday saying that My Medical has been expired and I need to get a new Medical. I took my Medical last Feb 16 2009. That time, my application was completed and has been waiting for the PPR letter since then.
Buffalo is too slow and now I have to deal with 4 hours travel to the nearest Doctor and pay $375 again. Take a day off ..etc.

So far, no PPR, but letter to do the medical. ...

My question: is there a way to avoid doing the medical again ?

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
avikashyap said:
Congrats Narsanna! and thanks! Are you completely moving to Alberta? If yes, then keep us posted. Maybe we can use your address to recieve our PRs.
No, i am not going to canada pemanently. i will go to canada for formalities on july 1st week.

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
Mouli,

Please confirm if you send all the PCC's and FBI report with your application to CIC or you submitted them later.

Regards,

emceemouli said:
I have updated my time line in the trackitt

trackitt.com/member/emceemouli

Thanks,
Mouli

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MyAlberta said:
Mouli,

Please confirm if you send all the PCC's and FBI report with your application to CIC or you submitted them later.

Regards,
I sent everything at the same time while applying...

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Arsenal said:
I received this letter from Buffalo yesterday saying that My Medical has been expired and I need to get a new Medical. I took my Medical last Feb 16 2009. That time, my application was completed and has been waiting for the PPR letter since then.
Buffalo is too slow and now I have to deal with 4 hours travel to the nearest Doctor and pay $375 again. Take a day off ..etc.

So far, no PPR, but letter to do the medical. ...

My question: is there a way to avoid doing the medical again ?
Arsenal,
There is no way you can avoid this second medicals it has to be current when you enter Canada.I think that's a good sign.Your backgrounds checks might be in and they want to complete your application. Though u'll be spending more money the wait is almost over for you.At this stage i think the sooner you do it the sooner you'll get result.