+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
No, i am not going to canada pemanently. i will go to canada for formalities on july 1st week.
Narsana: Just because you got a project in NJ should not mean that you should give up plan to migrate Canada.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
LOL !

Dude, is that not his life ?

I agree what you mean, because he could have allowed someone to take that opportunity .. but, the uncertainty of the economy and all his commitments (money and family included) it is still his choice right ? and one cannot force him to move. Anyways in 5 yrs if he is not using it, its gonna expire.

GirlOntario said:
Narsana: Just because you got a project in NJ should not mean that you should give up plan to migrate Canada.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I just returned home from Calgary after fulfilling PR landing formalities.

Here's my experience:

Landed Calgary on 18th Feb at 12:20 pm along with my spouse and two boys.
We were in queue for 45 minutes before called in by CBSA.
CBSA Agent: why we landed in Calgary. Me: To land as PR immigrant.
Agent smiled and said, "Welcome to Canada". She scanned our passport and cancelled our immigrant visa. We were asked to join another queue for immigrants.
There were about 10 people in that queue. One lady (I think she was volunteer to guide new immigrants) once she learnt that we landed as immigrants, gave us a lot of literature (pamphlets and papers) for settling down. Meanwhile, we were called in by a lady officer who asked following questions:
Who is primary applicant? How many people are accompanying me? What is the age of my kids? How much money I was carrying? Address where my PR card can be sent?
After providing all answers, she asked us to sign on each of the COPR forms and proceed to customs.

Customs officer greeted us and asked what goods we were carrying, and what were goods to follow. He was happy to see that I had prepared three sets of print outs of goods accompanied as well as goods to follow. Infact, he said two would have sufficed. I had prepared separate list for my wife's jewellry and two vehicles. He said that he cannot sign the jewellery part since they wanted a certified document from the assessor. I said we don't have it but we were carrying photos of them. He consulted his supervisor and she gave her consent after looking at the pictures. All the papers and photos were taped with barcode stickers, numbered and stamped.
We were out of customs by 2:30 pm.

We headed straight to Service Canada office for SIN application. Agent immediately noticed that my wife's COPR wasn't signed and gave us an address in downtown to contact immigration office and find what can be done for lack of signature. We had some quick food in the food court and decided to head back to airport instead of downtown office. Drive to the airport was full of suspense and nightmares of how this whole drama would unfold. As soon as we reached the immigration office at airport and brought this issue to one of the agents at desk, he asked us to wait. Within few minutes, same officer who had signed our documents came by and apologized. Wow! never can I dream such courtesy with US officers. We were out of airport at 4:45 pm, but bit late since the SIN office closes at 4:30 pm. We headed straight towards hotel and applied for SIN card the next day.

Return to US experience
Except for my wife, all three of us had expired visa on expired passports since we never left US after our first entry.
Only question asked by officer - what was your purpose of visit to Canada? Reply: To fulfil CDN PR formalities.
Officer just looked at I-797 petitions, took away the old I-94's and stapled new to our passports.
Man, that was a BIG surprise - 10 minutes and we were done with stamps, finger printing and photos (self and spouse). We just reached home few minutes ago and I thought of writing a brief narative in the benefit of the people to follow.

I hope this helps.

Taps

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was great!!! And Tapak - You are the historical member of this forum. I think the US side IO was experienced so you were done in 10 minutes!. More people will do landing more IO on US side will get experienced of this process otherwise a lot of IO on US side don't even know that What is AOR? They still ask dumb questions like "Your Visa has been expired and how can you enter in USA?"

Thanks for brief.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Tapak,

Thanks for sharing the landing experience.
So you flew to canada not by car.Like to know to which airport in us you come back.

Virgo

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virgo said:
Tapak,

Thanks for sharing the landing experience.
So you flew to canada not by car.Like to know to which airport in us you come back.

Virgo
Virgo,
We flew from Tampa to Calgary via Houston. FYI, When you fly nito US from Canada, US Immigration check is done before your board in Canada unlike the regular process when we fly in from our native countries and US immigration agent "receive" us at the POE.

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada.lover said:
That was great!!! And Tapak - You are the historical member of this forum. I think the US side IO was experienced so you were done in 10 minutes!. More people will do landing more IO on US side will get experienced of this process otherwise a lot of IO on US side don't even know that What is AOR? They still ask dumb questions like "Your Visa has been expired and how can you enter in USA?"

Thanks for brief.
Canada.Lover,
I had bitter experience when I visited Edmonton last year. Probably, all immigration agents are not well versed with intricacies of entry options for employment based visa in USA. However, Calgary was a pleasant one. I would suggest people to avoid flying out in the wee hours. Timing was different in both my travel.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Arsenal i am really to sorry to hear about your situation but i am second with Rasco. Do it as soon as possible it appears that your file is ready and just missing current medical reports. you should get pPR in month i believe.

good luck.
Arsenal said:
I received this letter from Buffalo yesterday saying that My Medical has been expired and I need to get a new Medical. I took my Medical last Feb 16 2009. That time, my application was completed and has been waiting for the PPR letter since then.
Buffalo is too slow and now I have to deal with 4 hours travel to the nearest Doctor and pay $375 again. Take a day off ..etc.

So far, no PPR, but letter to do the medical. ...

My question: is there a way to avoid doing the medical again ?

iamakshay

Jan 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Nomination.....
18-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-03-2010
Med's Request
17-03-2010
Med's Done....
29-03-2010
Passport Req..
05-21-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-14-2010
LANDED..........
09-25-2010
Hi,

my application has reached CIC Buffalo office on Dec 17th 2009 and now I am waiting to get AOR / medical request.

Any idea how much more time I have to wait for AOR and medical request. Does AOR and medical requests comes together or always separate?

Thanks,

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
iamakshay said:
Hi,

my application has reached CIC Buffalo office on Dec 17th 2009 and now I am waiting to get AOR / medical request.

Any idea how much more time I have to wait for AOR and medical request. Does AOR and medical requests comes together or always separate?

Thanks,
VSRAO AND JASPER have created a nice CIC TRACK SHEET. You can see all the required information on this file. This link has been posted by Jasper previously. Hope this help .

Also when did they cashed your check ?

Thanks

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Image6000,

as u have already talked to CIC, can we have the contact info of CIC? would be really helpful.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Alberta asks for pasting the nomination sticker on Envelope. Do I need to paste it on fedex cover or do I need to put all documents in an envelope and paste sticker on it . Then place the entire envelope in Fedex cover.
Just curious so that package does not get lost....

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Smooth ride Tapak!! Job well accomplished indeed....POP the Champagne

Just one thing, I assume with expired visas you entered using the AVR rule.... am I accurate? great going!

Can anyone tell if I will be eligible to use AVR rule if me and my wife have "unexpired stamped H1b visas" but now have converted status to "F1 Student i-797"?

Karl

Tapak said:
Guys,

I just returned home from Calgary after fulfilling PR landing formalities.

Taps