+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi Guys

I came to usa on H1,my h1 b visa is expired but i have approved I 797 and my came on H4,now she got h1.Her h4 visa is expired but she got approved I 797 of h4 and H1,H1 being latest.Can we both use AVR for comming back after landing .Can use H4 i 797 for my visa at port of entry..

Please let me know about it

Thanks

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satyac said:
Hi Guys

I came to usa on H1,my h1 b visa is expired but i have approved I 797 and my came on H4,now she got h1.Her h4 visa is expired but she got approved I 797 of h4 and H1,H1 being latest.Can we both use AVR for comming back after landing .Can use H4 i 797 for my visa at port of entry..

Please let me know about it

Thanks
As lonf as you have approved I 797 yes you can.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
sirsmak said:
Hey everyone
I am pretty sure that if I browse through 200+ pages of this thread I'd find my answer somewhere but I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer my question just one more time.
Long story short, I was on H1-b ---- Applied for Alberta nomination ---- got approval with nomination certificate ---- sent that certificate and immigration application to CIC on 22 Oct 2009, selecting Buffalo as my interview location--- got laid off---- informed CIC ---- came back to my home country ---kept trying to go back to the US --- 2 days ago got my file number with Medical request forms at my US address as informed by my relatives in the US (US address on my application) got scanned copies and will get that package by tomorrow ---- can get those medicals done here as well---- Now the questions

• Medical forms show my previous US address, Will I need new medical forms in-order to get medicals done from my home country instead of the US?
• I have seen the change in address form in the package, so if I send that form to CIC can I get my Medicals done here using the same form or should I request to move my application process to my home country and then wait for new medical forms and then get ‘em done?
Will that change of address suffice the need to change the interview location?
I'd really appreciate your response or even a link to the response where someone else might have tried to explain this before
Thanks
sirsmak
Any Idea people ....

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sirsmak,

I would advise please look at the post from various people in this forum and other forum. There are lots of people who got laid off after they applied to CIC or inbtw. Those people will be your best source to get proper answers to your questions.

I don't see why you can not use medical forms with your old address on it. You could medical anywhere in the world as long as they are approved by CIC. you should also contact CIC/alberta nomination people and see if you could transfer your file to Delhi. i dont know if that is the best option or not but use your sense and if needed consult lawer in india they may charge couple of thousands rs. in india to give you best advise.

good luck

sirsmak said:
Any Idea people ....

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
sirsmak said:
Any Idea people ....
i am sorry to hear about the lay-off. however, at least the ainp process is rolling for you.

i agree with despo's response. since every situation is unique - i don't know if you'll find a definite answer here. dna 'voluntarily' left the us and was successful in completing the landing process. others like divagirl have left the us and their files seem to have been 'stuck'. at least you received the medical request forms - you are in a much better situation.

my advice would be from a strictly theoretical point of view - i was fortunate enough to be in the same location / job throughout the ainp process. if i were you - i would get the medicals done in the home country, without bothering about the us address - you evidently have access to all mail that gets delivered there. you have already informed cic - so if they wanted they would / could have transferred your case to the local office - they haven't so far. wait for PPR - if it comes to the US address, apply for a visitor visa to the US, stay at your relatives' place and send the passport to the us office. you may even appear in person at some offices i believe.
if you are unable to get the us visa - then go to the local consulate for help / advice. this would be my approach.

again, my advice is NOT based on any actual data points.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys,

one update - i had sent a return envelope which was priority mail and metered and they just called me to send a return mail with stamps and not with metered mail as metered mail might get expired after specific date.

Also my photos which i had sent, the name which i had written behind the photos got stuck all over and they need it again. But thet mentioned the issued my visa and they are waiting for my mail...

Thanks,
Chandra

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
guys,

one update - i had sent a return envelope which was priority mail and metered and they just called me to send a return mail with stamps and not with metered mail as metered mail might get expired after specific date.

Also my photos which i had sent, the name which i had written behind the photos got stuck all over and they need it again. But thet mentioned the issued my visa and they are waiting for my mail...

Thanks,
Chandra
Thanks for sharing... i didnt know there could be a problem with metered mail. Hope you get your visa soon...all the best!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mauli, in the PPR letter they have specifically mentioned information for US client with word used "NONMeatered" stamp with express mail return envelop. Go ahead and send your pictures with express mail and write your file details in one piece of paper for their reference.
emceemouli said:
guys,

Thanks,
Chandra

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
mauli, in the PPR letter they have specifically mentioned information for US client with word used "NONMeatered" stamp with express mail return envelop. Go ahead and send your pictures with express mail and write your file details in one piece of paper for their reference.
Thanks Despo,

Just missed that...but the person who called me was so courteous and i was flattered :)

I just sent it this afternoon before the major snow stor :)

Mouli

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
You can do medicals at any approved CIC doctor. I had my US address on CIC file but I got my medicals done in Bangalore. It was fine. Only thing is make sure all of you (principal & dependents) do medicals at same place.

-DNA

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Hi Nataraj - Can medicals be done in advance? I mean did you give any kind of reference no. given by CIC to Medical Representative so that they will directly post it to CIC? or is it something we need to send it to CIC?

I'm still awaiting for my FBI and PCC's to send my application...

Thanks in advance.
-Kale.

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
No, you'll have to wait for CIC to send medical forms before doing the examination.

email2kale said:
Hi Nataraj - Can medicals be done in advance? I mean did you give any kind of reference no. given by CIC to Medical Representative so that they will directly post it to CIC? or is it something we need to send it to CIC?

I'm still awaiting for my FBI and PCC's to send my application...

Thanks in advance.
-Kale.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
despoimmigrant said:
I don't see why you can not use medical forms with your old address on it. You could medical anywhere in the world as long as they are approved by CIC.
Despo and Nomad
This statement and Nomads theory made me think again and it makes perfect sense that I should be able to get mine and my family's Medicals from anywhere I want. Also, these completed forms are to be sent to Canada Health Dep. and not Buffalo, so afterwards I can request for change of address or apply for Visitors visa if needed.

I really appreciate both of yours suggestion and help. I'm surprised that divagirl also left the US, didn't checked this forum for a while. I hope things work out the best way for everyone.

Thank You
sirsmak
P.S. Home country is not always = India :)

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
dnataraj said:
You can do medicals at any approved CIC doctor. I had my US address on CIC file but I got my medicals done in Bangalore. It was fine. Only thing is make sure all of you (principal & dependents) do medicals at same place.

-DNA
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience.... this is good news for me, I'd try to do the same. And will take my family with me all together. Really appreciate your help

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Got my Passport back with the Visa!!!!!!! The end of the journey by God's grace.

one does not open the COPR document until they land?