+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
GirlOntario said:
Narsana & Others:
How many days CIC lapse during showing a start date on your ecase and actually getting your application? Let's say CIC got your application Jan 1st and then on ecase will it show 1st Jan or 1st April that "We start processing your application on April 1st" I want to know that in general, how much time CIC lapse untill they declare on ecase.
Hey girl ontario,
Dispo said correct answer for your question.still my ecase also showing the same date which was created for AOR.

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
GirlOntario said:
Hey Narsana: Has your file been transfered to New York City Consulate? or it is still with Buffalo?
My file was transfered to NY consulate on Dec 1st,2009 and my ecase also updated about my medical received today morning.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Despo thanx a lot man. I can see the ecase status as medical received. I am sorry to reply late. thanx a lot buddy

despoimmigrant said:
Hey Dipen,

Your medical date will be the first medical date. So your visa will be valid till that date. you should get PPR in 30 days after your ecase status gets the line "Medical Results Received" do you see this line on your ecase status once you click on "IN PROCESS" Link?

It took 60 days for me to get PPR after my ecase updated to medical results received. I hope you dont ahve to wait that long buddy. goood luck...

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
Guys,

One quick question...While submitted the passports do we need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for each member and are you guys paying in US dollars or canadian dollars and which one is better. I see that if you pay in US dollars it is $510 and if it is canadian dollars it is 550 CAN $. Please let me know if this is updated figures. As always thanks for your help guys..without this forum it would have been very difficult..

Thanks,
Mouli
Guys any advice on this would be really helpful

Thanks,
Mouli

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
GirlOntario said:
Oh my god! Rajsco? You are still waiting? 12.5 months? Have you been in Afghanistan so your background check was 10 months!!!! Still your ecase will say that your case was processed in 9 months right?
Yes GirlOntario still waiting. Never been to Afghanistan.Hopfully they'll be done with Background checks and I will get PPR soon.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
dnataraj said:
Hey you are alive. I thought you are mummified by CIC. Yes you will get it soon.

And thanks everyone here for encouraging, sharing information and best wishes.
I will update once I get my PR and do landing!!

Good Luck to everyone
LOL DNA I'm alive but underground waiting. :) ;)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Dipen, Congrats budddy !! i am sure in month or so u will get your PPR now. as CCH always said on this forum Patience is Virtue ,,,,,,,, good luck buddy keep us posted. I know you were tensed with yoru medical but i am really very happy to see yuor updated ecase status. I am sure you must be feeling little relieved now.

Hi Chintu,
I just checked status of my USPS express mail and it says that NY sent my passport back yesterday evening. I should get it today sometime. Check status of your UPS mail also. LEt me know what do you see.

Narsanaaa, once again congrats buddy for medical. One more step towards journey to alberta.
good luck all.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
With the bank. I opened a savings account with RBC, no fees whatsoever. If you open a checkings account, that's the one with fees but sometimes can be no fee if you have other accounts with them like investments or credit cards, don't know much abou the details. Also, check Scotia bank they have a newcomers to Canada link there. I chose RBC because I have an account with RBC USA so I can just easily transfer funds. And reminder...you must make an appointment with the bank if you plan to open or inquire about accounts. Also, I applied for an unsecured credit card with RBC, I will let you know how it turns out if I'm approved or not in a few weeks.

email2kale said:
Thanks for the info bb... Also, please let us know about your experience with canadian banks. I see that there are lots of fee applicable even for a direct deposit a/c with most of the banks there... check this site www.fairfees.ca from ing direct and let us know how you feel compared to other banks...

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I know...I saw that link and the memo was January 8, 2010. I believe most H1B's on my line of work (telecommunications) has the same scenario. Still, we're still lucky to come back and prepare for the move. Few more months and we're outa here!!!

GirlOntario said:
bb03:

Still you were lucky otherwise upon knowing that your employer is in one state and you are working in another state, they may have applied full discretion and denied entry on basis "NO VALID EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP FOUND" because recently somebody posted news on this forum that some H1B were returned from Newark, NJ because of Consulting Company as an employer and Client company as a place of work.

Anyways Congrats on PR and also on entry into USA

Raj9

Jan 25, 2010
Hello...everybody,

I am new to this community..

I have also applied for AINP..in JULY 2009.

Can you guys please tell me right which date is running...as I am still waiting for my FILE NUMBER.

please help here.

thanks,

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
emceemouli said:
Guys any advice on this would be really helpful

Thanks,
Mouli
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
• $490CAD per person for you (the principal applicant) and your spouse or common-law partner
(if applicable). Dependent children are exempt.
• You will need to pay this fee before your application for permanent residence can be
finalized. We will send you a request to pay this fee when we are ready to issue the
permanent resident visa.
Additional

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EP7.pdf

RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE
( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN ) --> 455.00USD

OR

( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE / COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN) --> 490.00CAD

Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_cad.aspx?lang=eng

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey raj,
buddy you are in wronge forum. This forum is for the people who applied for PR after nomination. I don't know anyone here will be able to answer your question. I have found one forum which is for people who applied for Nominee. I don't know if you already seen that or not but here is the link. good luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t12089.0.html;topicseen

Raj9 said:
Hello...everybody,

I am new to this community..

I have also applied for AINP..in JULY 2009.

Can you guys please tell me right which date is running...as I am still waiting for my FILE NUMBER.

please help here.

thanks,

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsrao said:
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
• $490CAD per person for you (the principal applicant) and your spouse or common-law partner
(if applicable). Dependent children are exempt.
• You will need to pay this fee before your application for permanent residence can be
finalized. We will send you a request to pay this fee when we are ready to issue the
permanent resident visa.
Additional

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EP7.pdf

( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN ) --> 455.00USD

OR

( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE / COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN) --> 490.00CAD

Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_cad.aspx?lang=eng
I was told to look in this website for more information and the fees seems to be different.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx

Can you let me know if this is right. Also do we need to pay the fees for dependant child who is 2 yrs old whichthe site mentions 140 us $. Can you please confirm guys

Thanks,
Mouli

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I believe this $140 is for the initial application when you submit your initial papers to CIC. The $140 is non-refundable application fee.

emceemouli said:
I was told to look in this website for more information and the fees seems to be different.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx

Can you let me know if this is right. Also do we need to pay the fees for dependant child who is 2 yrs old whichthe site mentions 140 us $. Can you please confirm guys

Thanks,
Mouli

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bb0310 said:
I believe this $140 is for the initial application when you submit your initial papers to CIC. The $140 is non-refundable application fee.
Got it..Thanks Much. So in US $ is it ok if i take a cashiers check payable to Canadian Consulate General with a fee of $455 USD *2=$910 USd. Hope i am right..PLease let me know...

Thanks,
Mouli