+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Just sharing my landing experience...

My wife and I landed last Friday using Detroit-Windsor Border then came back to the US afterwards. Toll is 4.00 USD or 4.50CDN. At the immigration booth we I told the office that we are landing immigrants and he pointed me towards the immigration office. The officer there asked for out passports and CPR (Certificate of Permanent Residency) then asked us to signed. He gave us a form for the PR cards to be mailed, he told us to just fax it ourselves. Afte that we went to the other booth for Customs, I gave the goods to follow list and asked us how much money we have. Since I bought my car to be imported later into Canada they said papers must processed already, it took a while to finish those. Then we went to Service Canada for SIN, it's quite fast and people are friendly. Then went for the Bank Appointment (reserved appointment days before) to open account. It's possible to open account in Ontario even though your address is in Alberta. Everything is set for the final move in a few months. All is smooth until the time to come back to the US. My wife is using AVR, she has expired visa but has valid I797 and I94. Alot of questions from the officer in the booth about what we did in Canada, where do we work in the US, why do we live in one state and work on another and work office is in another, etc...then told us to go to the office. We stayed there for about 30minutes as we heard that the officers are having conversations regarding if it is possible to allow an expired visa with valid I94, apparently, I think the officer is not aware of AVR so have to validate everything or something. I do understand the security concerns but I felt aweful like a criminal being scrutinized. I've been to other countries and you feel welcome when you enter.

I would suggest to just land when you are moving permanently. If you do plan to land first and move later and you are importing a car, use a rental car if you're landing by car.

There...hope everybody's experience will be better.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey thanx bb for sharing your experience. you mentioned very good point about car.... thats excellent !! i wonder detriot windsor staff does not know about AVR. US govt need to educate this people seems like before giving them post at border.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
Dispo and Nix.
Still my ecase had no update about my medical received.
My medical received to ottawa on Nov 20,2009.
I did fax to ottawa twice but i didn't get any information on this topic.
How many days it will take to get update in my ecase about medical received.
So, can i contact to ottawa or New york.

Can any body help me what can i do for this.

Thanks,
Narsanna
Narsana & Others:
How many days CIC lapse during showing a start date on your ecase and actually getting your application? Let's say CIC got your application Jan 1st and then on ecase will it show 1st Jan or 1st April that "We start processing your application on April 1st" I want to know that in general, how much time CIC lapse untill they declare on ecase.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey girlOntario,

It will say 1st April. The day they create AOR is the day your file accessed first time thats the day they put as start date of processing file...........

hope this will help.'

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
rascojenkins said:
DNA,
Congrats you finally made it.I am almost giving up just like you did .It's been 12.5 months and I'm still waiting.After my interview in oct I was told everything looks good abt 4 months later I e-mail them and they reply saying They are waiting for a background check on my spouse.Seeing you suceed after 13.5 months keeps my hope alive. Congrats buddy.

Rasco J
Hey you are alive. I thought you are mummified by CIC. Yes you will get it soon.

And thanks everyone here for encouraging, sharing information and best wishes.
I will update once I get my PR and do landing!!

Good Luck to everyone

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
dnataraj

Since today is Moday , do u see any change in your eCase ??
OR
Is it still showing same old .............Processing your applicatin !!!!!!!!!

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
bb0310 said:
Just sharing my landing experience...

My wife and I landed last Friday using Detroit-Windsor Border then came back to the US afterwards. Toll is 4.00 USD or 4.50CDN. At the immigration booth we I told the office that we are landing immigrants and he pointed me towards the immigration office. The officer there asked for out passports and CPR (Certificate of Permanent Residency) then asked us to signed. He gave us a form for the PR cards to be mailed, he told us to just fax it ourselves. Afte that we went to the other booth for Customs, I gave the goods to follow list and asked us how much money we have. Since I bought my car to be imported later into Canada they said papers must processed already, it took a while to finish those. Then we went to Service Canada for SIN, it's quite fast and people are friendly. Then went for the Bank Appointment (reserved appointment days before) to open account. It's possible to open account in Ontario even though your address is in Alberta. Everything is set for the final move in a few months. All is smooth until the time to come back to the US. My wife is using AVR, she has expired visa but has valid I797 and I94. Alot of questions from the officer in the booth about what we did in Canada, where do we work in the US, why do we live in one state and work on another and work office is in another, etc...then told us to go to the office. We stayed there for about 30minutes as we heard that the officers are having conversations regarding if it is possible to allow an expired visa with valid I94, apparently, I think the officer is not aware of AVR so have to validate everything or something. I do understand the security concerns but I felt aweful like a criminal being scrutinized. I've been to other countries and you feel welcome when you enter.

I would suggest to just land when you are moving permanently. If you do plan to land first and move later and you are importing a car, use a rental car if you're landing by car.

There...hope everybody's experience will be better.

Thanks for the info bb... Also, please let us know about your experience with canadian banks. I see that there are lots of fee applicable even for a direct deposit a/c with most of the banks there... check this site www.fairfees.ca from ing direct and let us know how you feel compared to other banks...

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bb03:

Still you were lucky otherwise upon knowing that your employer is in one state and you are working in another state, they may have applied full discretion and denied entry on basis "NO VALID EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP FOUND" because recently somebody posted news on this forum that some H1B were returned from Newark, NJ because of Consulting Company as an employer and Client company as a place of work.

Anyways Congrats on PR and also on entry into USA

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Hey girlOntario,

It will say 1st April. The day they create AOR is the day your file accessed first time thats the day they put as start date of processing file...........

hope this will help.'
Guys,

One quick question...While submitted the passports do we need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for each member and are you guys paying in US dollars or canadian dollars and which one is better. I see that if you pay in US dollars it is $510 and if it is canadian dollars it is 550 CAN $. Please let me know if this is updated figures. As always thanks for your help guys..without this forum it would have been very difficult..

Thanks,
Mouli

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
I am not sure if anyone is running into the same problem,
but today i went to notarize birth and marriage certificate for me and my wife, but the lady wasn't able to do that, the originals are copies in arabic and i have them translated into english. she said it is against the california law to notarize birth and marriage certificates.
what should i do in this case?
please advise

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
Dispo and Nix.
Still my ecase had no update about my medical received.
My medical received to ottawa on Nov 20,2009.
I did fax to ottawa twice but i didn't get any information on this topic.
How many days it will take to get update in my ecase about medical received.
So, can i contact to ottawa or New york.

Can any body help me what can i do for this.

Thanks,
Narsanna
Hey Narsana: Has your file been transfered to New York City Consulate? or it is still with Buffalo?

Jan 16, 2010
HI Bibo,
Exactly same thing happend to me, i dont know whts wrong with this guys.I went to Bankofamerica today requested for Notary.
They told its againast law. I went to some other branch she is so helpful with out asking she notarised.
Try in other locations bibo.If not you can try in UPS Store. ;)

Thanks,
Alekya

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Hey girlOntario,

hope this will help.'
And the time which is shown in CIC website will be considered 10 months from April 1 under 80% case category? How about actual time? On average within how many months from application to CIC?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
NYC area CIC Buffalo applicants,

what did you guys put for visa office to process you application? Did any body put NY City consulate or Buffalo consulate?