Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
I would like to know the details with regard to photo attachment. how it should be attached and any details to be written on the photos etc. clarification required.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
In my ecase updated as "Medical results have been received".After submitting my medical to ottawa it took to me 67 days generally it takes 50-60 days.
I mean you ecase updated directly after the CIC's receipt of application or there was a middle message on ease saying "MEDICALS SENT"?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Finally, Wait is over and my passports are in my hand with visa stamp along with CPR letter.

One thing i observed in my CPR there is a column out there called "Remarks" : i found very interesting remark in that. " XXXXXXXXX previous CPR is canceled ". last three digit of that number is less than 200 from my current CPR number. So i assume that they orriginally issued CPR to me but for some reason cancelled it and created new one In january. any thoughts guy. Anyone has such kind of remark on CPR?

Hey Despo:

Could you have also gone in person to NYC Consulate and get visa stamped or you just had one option to send passport through mail? Can people go in person and get stamping done after they get PPR?

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Regarding Landing Process ....

Hi Experts,

I would like to know following details regarding landing after getting PR -

1) Can we complete our landing process and come to US again?
2) What documents are required to come to US and who issues those?
3) Can we come and go multiple times ?
4) Can only dependants go first, and later the applicant? Or all have to go together?
5) If we go to our home country after landing in Canada, can we come to US from there on the H1B which we have?

I would appreciate if I get more details on the overall landing process, documentation, or any useful links.

Thanks in advance.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanx Virgo, Narasana. Yuppy feels really different but in good way after seeing those visa in passports. i love word "Immigrant" on visa. :)

OntarioGirl NY consulate does not allow in person stamping. You have to send passports via mail only.

Bubbly asked about photos. You have to write Name of the person and birthdate on each photo of family member on the back of photo. one photo of each family member should be glued on Immigration generic form. rest of them should be kept in seperate envelop.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Yojo here are the answers of your questions

Hi Experts,

1) Can we complete our landing process and come to US again? Yes as long as you hold valid visa or valid I-94 (incase planing to use AVR)
2) What documents are required to come to US and who issues those? You should have Valid Return Visa, I797 notice original, I-94 current and valid, your recent paystubs, letter from employer.
3) Can we come and go multiple times ? You can go from US to Canada multiple times with CPR by road only.(without PR card) Once you have PR card you can go by road or air as many times as you like..
4) Can only dependants go first, and later the applicant? Or all have to go together? No Dependent can not go first. They gen either go along with principle applicant or they can choose to follow later.
5) If we go to our home country after landing in Canada, can we come to US from there on the H1B which we have? Yes you can !! hope this helps.

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
Congrats Despo, really happy for you. Unfortunately no new news from my end. I called my bank yesterday and they told me that the draft has not been cashed yet. Dont know if the fact that i sent a bank draft from a canadian bank in canadian dollars has anything to do with the dealy, sitting on the edge here..

There is another guy from canada Ripon45 from trackitt who sent his pp same time as mine havent heard any news from him either.

Wish us luck.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chintu, thanx buddy. I would say that might cause little delay as you have used canadian bank. in my case i think i already paid RFP with my original application so all they needed to do was the stamp visa. as always good luck chintu its just matter of few days. i think u should get it by end of the week.

ichintu said:
Congrats Despo, really happy for you. Unfortunately no new news from my end. I called my bank yesterday and they told me that the draft has not been cashed yet. Dont know if the fact that i sent a bank draft from a canadian bank in canadian dollars has anything to do with the dealy, sitting on the edge here..

There is another guy from canada Ripon45 from trackitt who sent his pp same time as mine havent heard any news from him either.

Wish us luck.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
thanx Virgo, Narasana. Yuppy feels really different but in good way after seeing those visa in passports. i love word "Immigrant" on visa. :)

OntarioGirl NY consulate does not allow in person stamping. You have to send passports via mail only.

Bubbly asked about photos. You have to write Name of the person and birthdate on each photo of family member on the back of photo. one photo of each family member should be glued on Immigration generic form. rest of them should be kept in seperate envelop.
I definitely liked what you said about the wod "IMMIGRANT" When people mail thier passport for stamping to Consulate, do they remove the original I-94 or any other document stapled in passport or everything should go to consulate?

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Why do you think they would remove the I-94 from the passport ??

I don't think that will happen .. and it doesn't make sense too .. just my opinion ..

GirlOntario said:
I definitely liked what you said about the wod "IMMIGRANT" When people mail thier passport for stamping to Consulate, do they remove the original I-94 or any other document stapled in passport or everything should go to consulate?

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
As for me i mailed my passport and that of my
sponse without the I-94 in
the passport. Because i don't want a situation
it gets missing.

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi despoimmigrant,

Thanks for the information you provided.

Though I have a few doubts -

1) What is AVR document ? In what case and how should we get this ? Are there any prerequisites for this?
2) What do you mean by valid return visa? I have my I-797 and I-94, but my passport stamped US visa has expired. Will this suffice?

Thanks again for all your help.

despoimmigrant said:
hi Yojo here are the answers of your questions

Hi Experts,

1) Can we complete our landing process and come to US again? Yes as long as you hold valid visa or valid I-94 (incase planing to use AVR)
2) What documents are required to come to US and who issues those? You should have Valid Return Visa, I797 notice original, I-94 current and valid, your recent paystubs, letter from employer.
3) Can we come and go multiple times ? You can go from US to Canada multiple times with CPR by road only.(without PR card) Once you have PR card you can go by road or air as many times as you like..
4) Can only dependants go first, and later the applicant? Or all have to go together? No Dependent can not go first. They gen either go along with principle applicant or they can choose to follow later.
5) If we go to our home country after landing in Canada, can we come to US from there on the H1B which we have? Yes you can !! hope this helps.

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Hey all of you,

I had a very good news that is, I got a passport request.
Disop and Nix,
Can you tell me that what documents can i send with passport.
How much fee for permanent residence fee for my self and my wife in USD.
and also to which address can i send.
Please, tell there is any documents to send to NY consulate.
Can i send USPS express mail envelope while sending my passport and what can i do.
Dispo can you tell how can you send the passport i will do like that only.
I got 3 papers How many papers can i send return to NY consulte or not.
Thanks,