+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
cchabert said:
One Thing....My passport expires on the 18 of October of 2010, means is less than a year by few days, any suggestions? keep waiting to get a new one (it could take this week) or send everything tomorrow?
Hi
If you are sending the new Passport, you should have already updated CIC about the new Passport number. Otherwise you may have issues..Please check with CIC.

18th October 2010 should be fine since Visa validity will be for 1 year from the Medicals date..

C

cchabert

manianz47 said:
cchabert said:
One Thing....My passport expires on the 18 of October of 2010, means is less than a year by few days, any suggestions? keep waiting to get a new one (it could take this week) or send everything tomorrow?
Hi
If you are sending the new Passport, you should have already updated CIC about the new Passport number. Otherwise you may have issues..Please check with CIC.

18th October 2010 should be fine since Visa validity will be for 1 year from the Medicals date..
Thank you, that's what I think, my medicals year expire on June 2010 and the passport on October 2010, so I don't think it will be and issue to send this passport with 360 days left to expire.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Nix, CCH and others who got the Passport request, CONGRATS!!!!!!
This is great news!!...... man it must feel good to be freed from the white collar slavery.
K

nix1 said:
cchabert (we are going to call you "CCB" now as your username is pretty hard to spell)

It is not a form. It is just a page with fees list and instruction on the back. The fees are paid only for you and your wife unless your kids are 18 or 22 years old. I doubt you have a kid that old. So total would be US$830.00.

Only documents we need to send back with the passports are page 3 (height, eye color etc.) and page 4 (address and signature).

I have posted all the documents I have received on my blog for you and others who may want to know more about the PPR docs. There were total 4 pages with 2 of them with prints on both sides, making them total 6 pages.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
dnataraj said:
WOW Congratulations xprsurslf, mythdot, Nix1 and Cchabert. Great going guys.
All the best with your move, job and life.

I still have faint hopes of making it before I leave US of A for good by November end.

We might have a strong community of Ex-H1B-slaves club in Alberta!!!

Regards
-DNA
I second dna's congratulations to all who got ppr and good luck to those who are still waiting. All the very best..it has been a long journey for us all. In the meantime, an fyi post that may/not impact those who leave and maintain credit cards in the usa (http://themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com/2009/10/banks-set-to-punish-prudent.html)

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
I sent my application to buffalo on 22nd May, 2009 and the application package received to Buffalo on 26th May, 2009. But, Due to the overpayment Buffalo sent my application back to me on 03rd June, 2009. Unfortunately, I received my application to me on 04th Aug, 2009. Due to the postal service's or Buffalo Immigration I got my application 2 months later.
I send my application to Buffalo on 07th Aug, 2009 and reached to Buffalo on 10th Aug, 2009.
My money orders get cashed on Aug 17, 2009.

2 days back i sent a fax to buffalo they reply today as:
We do not have a record of your application in our office.
You may wish to check with your bank to verify whether your application fee was cashed by our office. If this is the case, please provide us with a clear photocopy of both sides of the cheque or money order.

I got a e-mail from buffalo today,

The reason we request the back of the payment media is because our file number is stamped once we cash your payment.
We cannot confirm your application is in Buffalo until your file is created. You will receive an acknowledgment letter upon creation.

How many days can i get the medical request.

Can any body give me suggestion what about my file status.
Seniors please help me.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Wohooooo!! congratulations Nix

nix1 said:
Breaking News!

The PPR is here. The wait is over. Detail to follow tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all of you in this forum and thanks to the CIC NY office also.

(Just called home and asked my wife to check the mail and the brown envelope was waiting for us.)

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Congrats to Nix, Cchabert and others who recently got their PPRs!

I really hope that my PPR is on its way too...

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
GirlOntario said:
It seems that people who sent application to CIC in April are now gettting PPR. So the difference is April-May-June-July-August-September-October = 7 Months. It can be further estimated that if person sents application in October will get PPR October-Nov-Dec-Jan-feb-March-April - 7 months! Good luck!
Hey girl whats up!! you never posted your timeline on this forum. could you please post it. we had albertagoverner earlier without any type of timeline on this forum. I am just checking.............

good analysis but somehow don't want to belive about 7 months rule.............. !! in your previous post you said Delhi is faster than Buffalo. i agree on that but you might want to watch for the cases which got transferd to NY. It is no longer considerd as buffalo case. and i have seen most of the cases got finalised in 2 months at NY once buffalo transfers file. total time for NY is 5 months at most since you sent your application package to Buffalo. nothing personal here just wanted to share what i think..

60 days to recive AOR/Medical
10 days to transfer file to Local Consulate
80 days to get PPR request
Total is 150 days

which is 5 months i guess.

good luck.

now we all know what colore envelope NY sents out for PPR.
if anyone knows?
what colore envelope they use it if they want to request additional documents? brown/manila/yellow? or just 42 cents one(white)?
I did post my timeline? Check my initial posts. Anyways it seems to be a good time a lot of people are getting PPR

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A couple of questions guys before I mail our passports to New York. Thanks in advance for your time and answers.

1. Do I make ONE cashier's check for me and my wife OR do they need to be seperate for each person?
2. Do I use the height that is written in the passport OR just measure the height now and use that number?
3. What about the heights that the DMP office got? I do not remember those numbers and wondering if we need to match those numbers (I would have to go to ask the nurse)?

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
A couple of questions guys before I mail our passports to New York. Thanks in advance for your time and answers.

1. Do I make ONE cashier's check for me and my wife OR do they need to be seperate for each person?
2. Do I use the height that is written in the passport OR just measure the height now and use that number?
3. What about the heights that the DMP office got? I do not remember those numbers and wondering if we need to match those numbers (I would have to go to ask the nurse)?
1.- I ask for one check for $830.00
2.- For our height we use the one we put on the form to CIC and for the children I do a new measure, and I was amazed how quick they grow from the original number we put on the CIC form.
3.- No worries

I just came from USPS, package will be delivered tomorrow at noon, now start the countdown, Ok..who wants my TV?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1. Do I make ONE cashier's check for me and my wife OR do they need to be seperate for each person? One will be fine. I sent two different check when i sent my application to buffalo. One full check with application fee(me, my wife and my son) and second check was RFPF fee ( me and my wife) .... they encashed both.........
2. Do I use the height that is written in the passport OR just measure the height now and use that number? Make sure you write exact hight you wrote it in your orignal application form. It is time to pull out copies of the form which you send it to Buffalo.
3. What about the heights that the DMP office got? I do not remember those numbers and wondering if we need to match those numbers (I would have to go to ask the nurse)? i dont know if that matters here but good to have it... as i doubt that NY is getting complete forms from Ottawa medical center. This is how they do i guess. they go through all medical results and send summery to NY saying Medical looks good proceed further............ this is just my guess. so it hardly matters what your DMP office gave them as NY may not have all your medical forms... But remebmer they still have your original application where you mentioned your height..................try to match with that.

mani001

May 12, 2009
nix1 said:

Hi Nix1,
Here is what I did, and didn't had a problem.
(1) 1 cashier check will do.
(2,3) Same like you,I could not remeber what was on the medical report so, used the current height. if your medical examiner still have the records you may get it from them, if they don't have it, just used your new measurement.

My belated congratulation to you. if you are using usps express mail , note down the return envelope tracking number before enclosing. That way you will have an idea when the passport is send back. I think it generally takes 1 Week and few days.

Mani

C

cchabert

mani001 said:
I think it generally takes 1 Week and few days.

Mani

I like that Mani :-D

Working now on eBay, Craiglist, Amazon, need to sell everything, and I'm amaze how many crap I collect since I bought the house 5 years a go.

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Hello everyone

I sent buffalo my 1st case specific inquiry about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. Based on other people experience Avg. response time is 2 to 3 days.

Any idea , or any experience that i should be getting response in next few days. Was it overlooked or it is something good rather than getting generic email of background check .