+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
optimusprime said:
Hello everyone, Here is my timeline. My papers are also in Buffalo because my papers never got transferred to any other consulate.

AINP nomination received - January 20, 2009
sent to CIC - April 11, 2009
received by CIC - April 15, 2009
check encashed - May 7, 2009
CIC started processing my application - June 15, 2009
AOR and medical requests received - June 20, 2009
Medicals sent by doctor and received Otawa on July 13, 2009
Received Initial Assessment with RPRF payment (no PPR yet) - mail dated July 21, 2009
sent RPRF payment and received by Buffalo - July 29, 2009
eCas updated with medicals recevied - October 12
Got an email from Buffalo requesting for my passport - October 13
I am similar timeline and I received email for passport request on 16th. No official letter yet. However, the email mentions the deadline for submission is Jan 16 2010 so thats little more then 60 days. Since I am overseas I believe I can do it in November or December. Does anyone know if we can still go in person at Buffalo. I read somewhere that you cant go in person. My current assignment has tight deadlines and they won't let me leave before december so it makes it tough to stay in US for 2 weeks.

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
Breaking News!

The PPR is here. The wait is over. Detail to follow tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all of you in this forum and thanks to the CIC NY office also.

(Just called home and asked my wife to check the mail and the brown envelope was waiting for us.)
Congrats Nix1 That was good news! BTW My envelope is manila color ;-)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
nix1 said:
Breaking News!

The PPR is here. The wait is over. Detail to follow tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all of you in this forum and thanks to the CIC NY office also.

(Just called home and asked my wife to check the mail and the brown envelope was waiting for us.)
Congrats Nix1 That was good news! BTW My envelope is manila color ;-)
I am going to call CIC ottawa and request them that you all should go for medical check again lol someone has medical issues with color blind ness...

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GirlOntario said:
It seems that people who sent application to CIC in April are now gettting PPR. So the difference is April-May-June-July-August-September-October = 7 Months. It can be further estimated that if person sents application in October will get PPR October-Nov-Dec-Jan-feb-March-April - 7 months! Good luck!
Hey girl whats up!! you never posted your timeline on this forum. could you please post it. we had albertagoverner earlier without any type of timeline on this forum. I am just checking.............

good analysis but somehow don't want to belive about 7 months rule.............. !! in your previous post you said Delhi is faster than Buffalo. i agree on that but you might want to watch for the cases which got transferd to NY. It is no longer considerd as buffalo case. and i have seen most of the cases got finalised in 2 months at NY once buffalo transfers file. total time for NY is 5 months at most since you sent your application package to Buffalo. nothing personal here just wanted to share what i think..

60 days to recive AOR/Medical
10 days to transfer file to Local Consulate
80 days to get PPR request
Total is 150 days

which is 5 months i guess.

good luck.

now we all know what colore envelope NY sents out for PPR.
if anyone knows?
what colore envelope they use it if they want to request additional documents? brown/manila/yellow? or just 42 cents one(white)?

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Great news! so the April and May guys seem to be getting theirs now.

Probably as little as a month left for us June guys:)

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, cchabert!! If you are going to keep the champagne on ice, at least pop open a few beers, the occasion certainly calls for it!

cchabert said:
Ok I got home early, "Get sick Boss gotta go" . The letter is the generic one with your sticker on it, they don't mention at all the residence fee, but I'll included, also they ask for 4 pictures of each person, put one picture in one envelope and the rest 3 on another one, weird request, also the letter mention return the passport in 60 days but there no date at all in any paper they send me, maybe in the bar code of the sticker mention to them the date. I got the date from the manila envelope, from the stamp.

Thank you guys for all your help!

Still holding the champagne on the freezer until passport return from NY safe.

:-D

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
WOW Congratulations xprsurslf, mythdot, Nix1 and Cchabert. Great going guys.
All the best with your move, job and life.

I still have faint hopes of making it before I leave US of A for good by November end.

We might have a strong community of Ex-H1B-slaves club in Alberta!!!

Regards
-DNA

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Congratulations to xprsurslf, mythdot, Nix1 and Cchabert You guys have done it!!!!

I sent my Florida PCC and RPRF to NY on Sept 25 and My RPRF was cashed on October 7. Expecting my PPR by the end of this month.

srini

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
I am planning to go to Toronto to do my Landing formalities soon.

I have a few questions.

1. The renewal of my H1 was submitted end of September. So till the end of November, I won't have the approved H1. Can I go to Toronto with the H1 application, finish my landing formalities and come back without going to the US Consulate for stamping?
2. Can you give a US address to send the PPR?

C

cchabert

mythdot said:
I am planning to go to Toronto to do my Landing formalities soon.

I have a few questions.

1. The renewal of my H1 was submitted end of September. So till the end of November, I won't have the approved H1. Can I go to Toronto with the H1 application, finish my landing formalities and come back without going to the US Consulate for stamping?
2. Can you give a US address to send the PPR?
1.- I'm not an expert but I don;t think so

2.- Definitely NOPE! It has to be a Canadian address

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. The renewal of my H1 was submitted end of September. So till the end of November, I won't have the approved H1. Can I go to Toronto with the H1 application, finish my landing formalities and come back without going to the US Consulate for stamping? I would say check your current H1b papers validity. If they are not valid than you must wait for your new papers before you go to canada.

2. Can you give a US address to send the PPR? NOPE

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srini_72 said:
Congratulations to xprsurslf, mythdot, Nix1 and Cchabert You guys have done it!!!!

I sent my Florida PCC and RPRF to NY on Sept 25 and My RPRF was cashed on October 7. Expecting my PPR by the end of this month.

srini
looks like you are next in Q:)
good luck

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Thanks.

I will wait till I get the approval.

Once I get the H1 approval do I need to get the stamping done on the passport to come back to the US or I will be able to finish the landing formalities and come back without the stamping. It is very difficult to get an appointment in Toronto.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mythdot said:
Thanks.

Once I get the H1 approval do I need to get the stamping done on the passport to come back to the US or I will be able to finish the landing formalities and come back without the stamping. It is very difficult to get an appointment in Toronto.
you dont have to have visa stamped. u could use Automatic visa revalidation process.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
mythdot said:
Thanks.

No need to get stamped your visa. Canada and Mexico are considered as contiguous territories. However, you should NOT take an appointment at Toronto. Just enter Canada, finish landing and come back. While entering the US tell the immigration officer that you have changed employer and show the new I-787. He will give you new I-94 valid till expiry of new H1B.

I did it a couple of years back. To be on safer side check USCIS website.