+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys! Thanks for your good wishes. My letter was dated Oct 15th and it was postmarked Oct 16th. Some people received the letters without date on them, but mine was written right below my file number on the first page of the total 4-page documents. They also made sure to include a page for RPRF.

Despo, you guessed it right. I should have asked my wife to check the mailbox earlier yesterday, so I could have learned the good news much sooner. Oh well. When it comes to the color of the envelope, I still think it is brown, but I have posted a photo of my envelope on my blog. Have a look and you be the judge. My timelines are at the bottom of the blog, if anybody is interested.

http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com/

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
I agree with nix1. The color of the envelope is brown. NY requested my Florida PCC and RPRF in the same colored envelope (Brown) in which nix1 received his PPR.

srini

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
Thanks guys! Thanks for your good wishes. My letter was dated Oct 15th and it was postmarked Oct 16th. Some people received the letters without date on them, but mine was written right below my file number on the first page of the total 4-page documents. They also made sure to include a page for RPRF.

Despo, you guessed it right. I should have asked my wife to check the mailbox earlier yesterday, so I could have learned the good news much sooner. Oh well. When it comes to the color of the envelope, I still think it is brown, but I have posted a photo of my envelope on my blog. Have a look and you be the judge. My timelines are at the bottom of the blog, if anybody is interested.

http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com/
Hey Nix1 the page for the RPRF it's a form? I don;t have it I just going to include the cashier check, if it's a form maybe I can downloaded ?

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
A question guys, I am in the process of renewing my passport at the Indian embassy in Washington DC, I should be getting it in two weeks hopefully. Since I am so close to getting the passport request, should I hold on till I get the passport request and then send them my new passport along with a copy of my old passport. I dont want to take the chance of causing any delays or confusion. Or should I send a copy of a new passport by mail at once?

Anyone applied for a passport renewal recently at the Indian embassy or consulate, I'm just confused about one thing; they are asking for passport size photos, at one place they say 2'' by 2" (which is the standard size in the US) and at other place they say 35 mm by 35 mm, which might be the size in India. Anyone face this issue?

C

cchabert

Nix! I have another question:

You're a family of 4 like me, so the amount for RPRF is $1,190 American dollars?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Nix! I have another question:

You're a family of 4 like me, so the amount for RPRF is $1,190 American dollars?
i think you may get another letter today or tomorrow requesting that RPRF fee. But dont wait for it. Include everything in one package and send it. thats the best option for you.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venky321 said:
A question guys, I am in the process of renewing my passport at the Indian embassy in Washington DC, I should be getting it in two weeks hopefully. Since I am so close to getting the passport request, should I hold on till I get the passport request and then send them my new passport along with a copy of my old passport. I dont want to take the chance of causing any delays or confusion. Or should I send a copy of a new passport by mail at once?

Anyone applied for a passport renewal recently at the Indian embassy or consulate, I'm just confused about one thing; they are asking for passport size photos, at one place they say 2'' by 2" (which is the standard size in the US) and at other place they say 35 mm by 35 mm, which might be the size in India. Anyone face this issue?
It does not matter what size you send. They cut it themself regardless what size you send them. I did it recently in September at indian consulate chicago. It is better to have passport renewed before PPR comes from NY. Now you are very close for PPR it does not matter you send them copy of new passport once you get it. But when PPR comes you send both old and new passport together and letter explaining situation that old passport has been cancled.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert (we are going to call you "CCB" now as your username is pretty hard to spell)

It is not a form. It is just a page with fees list and instruction on the back. The fees are paid only for you and your wife unless your kids are 18 or 22 years old. I doubt you have a kid that old. So total would be US$830.00.

Only documents we need to send back with the passports are page 3 (height, eye color etc.) and page 4 (address and signature).

I have posted all the documents I have received on my blog for you and others who may want to know more about the PPR docs. There were total 4 pages with 2 of them with prints on both sides, making them total 6 pages.

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
cchabert (we are going to call you "CCB" now as your username is pretty hard to spell)

It is not a form. It is just a page with fees list and instruction on the back. The fees are paid only for you and your wife unless your kids are 18 or 22 years old. I doubt you have a kid that old. So total would be US$830.00.

Only documents we need to send back with the passports are page 3 (height, eye color etc.) and page 4 (address and signature).

I have posted all the documents I have received on my blog for you and others who may want to know more about the PPR docs. There were total 4 pages with 2 of them with prints on both sides, making them total 6 pages.
CCB????? COOOL!!! I like it! :-D

Thank for the info Nix1 I almost paid the process fee again, I'll send the package tomorrow, how about you?

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nix1,

I went through all the PPR docs which you have posted on your blog. I have a question on Page 4 of PPR docs which requests for our address

My Permanent Resident Visa should be sent to __________________________ at the following address:( we will mail your Permanent Resident Visa/passport to the address provided in U.S.A, Canada or Bermuda only)

what would you fill in the blank above.

srini

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CCB, I am planning on sending mine tomorrow too. I am still not done with the photos. Hopefully I will have photos done this evening (as I do them myself at home and go to walmart to print them).

SRI, I think we are supposed to write our full name (applicant's full name) in that space. That is what I am going to write as there is no place to write my name anywhere else. When I read the message, I also get the sense that it is possible to send your passports with visas to someone else name and address too. But I am not going to do that as I want them in my hands.

CCB, what do you think about including the pages 3 and 4, 4 photos of each person as instructed and of course passports (in my case 4 of them)? Please confirm if I am missing something.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Someone was asking me about sizes to print. You can still make it work. What you do is this:

1. If you have a photo of yourself (in .jpeg format) ... take it ... upload it to http://www.123passportphoto.com/

2. It will give you 6 pics in a 4*6 size in .jpeg format

3. Upload it to kmart or walgreens or target's online print service ... and it costs you 28 cents for 6 pics of whatever size you want..

i frequently use this idea :) G luk.

If nothing works, send anything that works for you - it works for the indian consulates. Atleast the Indian consulate in Chicago accepted such a bizarre size that I sent them.

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
CCB, what do you think about including the pages 3 and 4, 4 photos of each person as instructed and of course passports (in my case 4 of them)? Please confirm if I am missing something.
Page 3 Name, Height, Color of eyes, etc......... Check
Page 4 Permanent Resident Visa Authorization.......Check
4 photos of each one (4 persons for me too) One picture with name on the back on one envelope, one envelope per person, the remaining 3 pictures of everyone in another envelope, total 5 envelopes........Check
RPRF...... $830 cashier check in USA Dollars..........Check
4 passports..............Check

One Thing....My passport expires on the 18 of October of 2010, means is less than a year by few days, any suggestions? keep waiting to get a new one (it could take this week) or send everything tomorrow?

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nix1,

Do not forget to send Return USPS Express Mail with $ 17.50 worth of stamps attached to it. Otherwise NY will send the passport through regular first class mail.

srini