+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
mani001 said:
Anybody care to answer my question -

How many days is allowed to send the passport after the PPR ? Under certain circumstances if passport may not be submitted in time, can we request CIC to extend the date of submission ?
Your best bed is to try and contact the CIC handling your case.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
rascojenkins said:
mani001 said:

How many days is allowed to send the passport after the PPR ? Under certain circumstances if passport may not be submitted in time, can we request CIC to extend the date of submission ?
Rasco,
How is your interview preparation going on? You have just a security interview right?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hmm.. I would suggest moving during Summer / Fall term - when the weather is a bit warmer.

Feb / March of this year were still snowing (and not sure about next year) and make it a bit harder to move - but that's just my thought...

mumbaimerijan said:
Thanks yrinaldy.

It would be great if you share you experience after move, I have plans to move next year feb /mar . Just collecting all info ..

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani001 said:

60 Days from Date on the letter. I am not suppose to answer this question as i still did not get my AOR/Medical. But i heard from people. Hope that helps

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Kgh,
Thanks for asking.If security interview is what they call it then that's what it LOL I'm still waiting for CAIPS notes However the LA consulate issued me a visa to go and take the Law part of my exams for Licensing as a pharmacist in the province of Alberta.

Rasco,

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
rascojenkins said:
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
mani001 said:

Kgh,
Thanks for asking.If security interview is what they call it then that's what it LOL I'm still waiting for CAIPS notes However the LA consulate issued me a visa to go and take the Law part of my exams for Licensing as a pharmacist in the province of Alberta.

Rasco,
How is your interview preparation going on? You have just a security interview right?
Rasco,
In one of your posts you told you have phd. Do you have phd in USA? if yes, isn't it possible to try for EB1 in US? I heard that EB1 depends on attorney and the documentation.

Hmmm, It is really good to clear the exams prior to landing.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
mani001 said:

Kgh,

Rasco,
Rasco,
In one of your posts you told you have phd. Do you have phd in USA? if yes, isn't it possible to try for EB1 in US? I heard that EB1 depends on attorney and the documentation.

Yes I have my Phd from texas southern university and was hired by walgreens from school they filed for my H1B. I have a pending I-485 filed by walgreens. I will be having a US green Card soon.The big prolem is my spouse who was already in deportation proceedings in the US b4 my I-485 was filed making it difficult to include her.So Alberta is the best way to keep my family happily together at this point.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rascojenkins said:
Yes I have my Phd from texas southern university and was hired by walgreens from school they filed for my H1B. I have a pending I-485 filed by walgreens. I will be having a US green Card soon.The big prolem is my spouse who was already in deportation proceedings in the US b4 my I-485 was filed making it difficult to include her.So Alberta is the best way to keep my family happily together at this point.
Rasco,

Dont worry my friend your education, work experience and efforts in GC and AINP will soon pay off.

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
mani001 said:

Kgh,

Rasco,
Rasco,

Don't spend money for the attorney, it costs $6000 . I am in the same boat, but I also applied for a Canadian PR for safe. Then apply for EB1 when I am planing to move to in Canada since if you apply for EB1 you cannot renew the J1 visa in the pending time.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I agree with J1visa.

Personally I am disgusted with USCIS and US policy. While having a PhD and 3 masters (in STEM, MBA) in diverse fields from IVY league schools, attorneys ask $10K to file for EB1. And that too not sure as I do not have a noble prize.

Whereas if I were to be illegally staying here for 5+ years I am eligible.

I just don't understand this per country limit, Equal opportunity employment or whatsoever.
Rather than spending time on this visa/GC imbroglio I would use my time acquiring another skill.

And I am sure someday some country or my own country will give me a job where I need not fight for my existence or spend time on advertising myself which I hate most.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
Folks (Rasco, J1, dnataraj),
Its really wonderful to meet you. I am really surprised about the problems faced by highly educated people like you. I don't know really understand what US immigration trying t do? IF they can't retain the talent, how in the earth they will make the difference. I know many people who got their GCs without the trace of talent. I think this system is broken.

Well my story is different. I am a software engineer and I want to be an entreprenuer. I really don't know how long I have to wait for GC to fulfil my dream here. So I applied for ainp and just got my PR. Now I am exploring various business options in Alberta.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
poppyjml said:
mani001, mine says within 30 days. i'm also interested to know if it can be extended.
Even in my case they gave 60 days. I am not sure why only 30 days for you.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dnataraj:

We share your frustrations. I have always believed that cream will inevitably float to the top. Many years ago, I used to tell my friends that the true measure of confidence in a person is when his degrees/qualifications can be put aside in his pursuit of success - a great example would be getting an MBA from a top 3 school and then tearing the degree up before setting out to succeed (little realizing, of course, how ironic and personally prescient this would turn out to be). I am confident that you will be very successful in Canada or wherever else your success will take you and this applies to many on this forum.

Our fate today is, though tempestuous, merely transient. Our destiny will better reflect our strength of purpose and unyielding spirit.

Cheers,

dnataraj said:
I agree with J1visa.

Personally I am disgusted with USCIS and US policy. While having a PhD and 3 masters (in STEM, MBA) in diverse fields from IVY league schools, attorneys ask $10K to file for EB1. And that too not sure as I do not have a noble prize.

Whereas if I were to be illegally staying here for 5+ years I am eligible.

I just don't understand this per country limit, Equal opportunity employment or whatsoever.
Rather than spending time on this visa/GC imbroglio I would use my time acquiring another skill.

And I am sure someday some country or my own country will give me a job where I need not fight for my existence or spend time on advertising myself which I hate most.