+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for all the congratulatory notes. And I wish everyone best of luck.

Someone told me that there's a special category in which you can carry additional luggage for immigration. I'm currently exploring that option. Will share it with all once I get additional info.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I am undecided... I think most probably I'll put all the stuff (car included) in a U-Haul and drive to Edmonton...so from Nashua, NH is around 3-4 days... tough but I think it is OK...

BTW b/c I am entering to Canada with a work permit I believe I do not have to import my car right away... that will give me some time to figure out what needs to be done with the car... as for my furnitures, etc I think it is better to have some stuff over there than to start from the scratch...
Yes that is a longgggg drive :). I am also looking for various options and tlaking to various moveers/haulers etc. I was given this link by Carlos http://www.atlasworldgroup.com/ and I contacted these guys and liked their price quote also for my 10 suitcases of luggage...lol(They are asking 1025 for 1000lbs from CA to AB). Also I called grayhound bus service and they also sounded reasonable with their pricing about excess baggage but the issue that I am figuring out now is how to transport my Mitsubishi Eclipse GT ;)? These car moving companies are asking a hollllllottaaaa $$$$

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
ingegarcia said:
Thank you dna, nix1, kgh,sukh !!!!
Actually my interview was never waived!!! and I was expecting an interviewed request... but these news are just so great!!!

BTW this is what has happened in my case in the last couple of weeks...

I got a job offer from a Canadian employer in Edmonton... and requested a support letter to Alberta AINP program to request work permit.
Last Wednesday I traveled to NY Office to request visa/work permit.... and it is gonna take 5-10 business days to receive my passport... Now I just got the passport request for my PR application... but I guess at this point there is nothing I can do and I'll just have to wait for my work permit/visa...
Most probably I'll be traveling to Edmonton in the next 2 weeks under work permit and sent the passports to NY from Edmonton to have my PR stamped...

BTW2 just because this information was very sensitive at that point I did not want to tell anybody nor even post it on the internet...
WoooooooooooooooooooooW. Double congratulations. Great news. Now you can directly go there as an employee. Can I suggest one thing? Now a days NYC is taking just 2 weeks. How about moving just after getting PR stamping.

or

You can go to NY consulate, explain the situation, and personally request to get the PR stamping. So that you can finish your landing too.

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Wow! today is PPR day :)
Like inge and druckers I got my PPR today also, and it's dated August 6 too!

My timeline
AOR and Medical request - June 10, 2009 (dated June 1)
Medicals done - June 12
Transferred to NY - June 16
Request for state clearances - july 21
Encashed rprf - july 17

I've got a problem though. My passport expires in 7 months, and passport renewal takes 6 weeks! NY consulate requires passport to be valid for at least 1 year, and they want it submitted within 30 days :(. I dunno what to do.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

I've got a problem though. My passport expires in 7 months, and passport renewal takes 6 weeks! NY consulate requires passport to be valid for at least 1 year, and they want it submitted within 30 days :(. I dunno what to do.
Congratulations! Wow, 3 PPRs today. Sorry! don't know the answer to your passport question.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moiz4you said:
Hey Nix1 did you send state pcc along with your initial application?
Yes, I did send state PCCs along with my application to Buffalo. My home country PCC was expired by a few days because Buffalo sent my application back (it was valid the first time, but when I resent it, it expired). I hope they are not going to ask a new one.

I had asked you a few questions above, but looks like you missed my post because of many happy news going on here (PPRs).

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Nominated Folks,

As we see that all those who are awaiting nomination are experiencing slowdown in the process. Do you guys see any slow down on CIC side ? I am asking this as the applicants can be mentally prepared for slow down of CIC after nomination.

Appreicate your help and understanding.

Alberta Governor.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
nix1 said:
moiz4you said:
I received my initial assessment today and they requested for state pccs and rprf. The letter is dated 6th August. Got my AOR on 20th July.
Is your file in NYC too? Did you submit state PCC at the beginning? Did they mention anything about interview waive etc? I am very happy for you that things are moving smoothly. Good luck with the rest of the process.
Hey Nix,

Sorry i missed your question. I havent received any letter from cic neither my ecas shows that my file has been transferred to any local consulate. I still assume that my file is in Buffalo.

I haven't sent my state pccs along with my initial application. However i sent FBI reports with the application but it was expired. Luckily they did not request updated one. They just asked for State pccs. Also about the interview the letter stated that they expect to finish my processing without a interview at this time. So we can say that interview has been waived as of now.

Thank you for your wishes and good luck to you too.

Keep everybody updated.

One question to you did you also send your RPRF along with the initial application?

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

Get an extension of the passport or new passport from Indian Consulate (if you are an Indian) and then send. You can request the Indian Consulate to do it on Emergency Basis attaching the letter from NY Consulate. It shouldnt take that long to get a new passport or renew your earlier one. Things should be ok...just be little proactive :) and things will fall your way....Hope is the best thing and that too high hope ;)

mani001

May 12, 2009
Congratulation to all who have got PPR.
I have a question to you guys who have got PPR. How many days is allowed to send the passport after the PPR ? Under certain circumstances if passport may not be submitted in time, can we request CIC to extend the date of submission ?

Thanks for your answers.

Mani

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moiz4you,

Thanks. I did not send RPRF along with my application to Buffalo. I am hoping to receive PPR and RPRF together some time next month.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Congratulations to ALL - inge, poppy, and all.

I'm planning to drive from FL to AB - my brother and I are going to drive using his car (he has a truck) and we are towing my car and all my luggages go to his car. We are going to drive 48 hours straight, and plan to arrive in Calgary on Sept 1. And he plans to drive back to FL with a friend of mine. Sounds crazy? Hey.. this is summer - and I often do summer road trip. Should be fun.

I already got a place to stay there - Auburn Bay (South East area) - very nice neighborhood and only 20-30 minutes from downtown.

See you guys around in Calgary, maybe? Who else is planning to go to Calgary? We can definitely meet up and hang out and celebrate!

nix1 said:
poppyjml said:

My timeline
Medicals done - June 12
Encashed rprf - july 17

Congratulations! Wow, 3 PPRs today. Sorry! don't know the answer to your passport question.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
ingegarcia said:
Hi Guys!!! your prayers have been listened...... I got my passport request today... same as druckers letter was dated August 6....

BTW don't forget that I'll be praying for you guys!!!
Good luck to all!!
Ingegarcia, CONGRATULATIONS buddy!
You have been a source of great help and hope to me and many others on several forum. I am very happy for you!