+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

hariqbal

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hi

I applied for my parents super visa on 06 march and got biometric letter on 8 march and my parents got them done today !12 march). Next step would be medical? is police check required too? is it wise to prepare the police certificate in advance or we should wait?
Hi, any update about your parents supervisa

Kazi19

Mar 4, 2019
Unfortunately, as Background checks are in progress, there's nothing you can do but to wait. You won't get responses to the web form nor emails.... maybe the standard response for background checks.

1. Has your mom worked/working in a government department, police, defense services, an area of critical information, or even research?

2. Has your mom traveled to or lived in a high-risk country in the past 10 years?

3. The good part is that as your mom has passed the medicals, she will likely get a passport request after IRCC gets a clear report for her background checks

Thank you very much for your response! No, my mom is a homemaker and never worked anywhere. Also, she never visited any other country and always stayed in Bangladesh.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your response! No, my mom is a homemaker and never worked anywhere. Also, she never visited any other country and always stayed in Bangladesh.
Not sure why background checks are being done in her case. Maybe because there's someone else with a similar name/identity in the IRCC database.

Go with the flow. She will likely get a passport request soon

Kazi19

Mar 4, 2019
Not sure why background checks are being done in her case. Maybe because there's someone else with a similar name/identity in the IRCC database.

Go with the flow. She will likely get a passport request soon
But there's a weird thing happened when we filled the IRCC web form. The next day we got a mail back saying-
As your temporary resident visa (TRV) application was submitted together with your husband’s TRV application, the two applications are being assessed together.

Then after few minutes they sent a mail again saying-
(Please discard our email dated February11, 2019 3:50 PM.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.)

This was really weird because we never applied for our father (died in 2008). I don't know what's actually going on! Really worried about the whole thing!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But there's a weird thing happened when we filled the IRCC web form. The next day we got a mail back saying-
As your temporary resident visa (TRV) application was submitted together with your husband’s TRV application, the two applications are being assessed together.

Then after few minutes they sent a mail again saying-
(Please discard our email dated February11, 2019 3:50 PM.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.)

This was really weird because we never applied for our father (died in 2008). I don't know what's actually going on! Really worried about the whole thing!
IMO, it seems like either incorrect communication from IRCC.... or a case of mistaken identity. Either way, don't worry.

You can:
1. Order GCMS notes.... just to get her application to the top of the processing queue, and

2. Request your MP's office to inquire with IRCC for the delay (you won't be told why the background checks are being done). That said, your MP cannot influence a visa decision

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hope she gets a super visa this time. Fingers crossed

Did she do her medicals upfront?
Dear Bryanna,

I received the following letter on March 14th. How long do you think I have till they will cancel the application? Also, my granny has high BP and arthritis, I wonder why they are asking for further test.

Dear applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application for Canada.

Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled Panel Physician (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Please contact PP for an appointment to comply with this request at the earliest. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your IME number on all correspondence with this office.

Sincerely,

Officer

Regional Medical Office

High Commission of Canada

Chanakyapuri, P.O. Box 5209

New Delhi-110021, India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna,

I received the following letter on March 14th. How long do you think I have till they will cancel the application? Also, my granny has high BP and arthritis, I wonder why they are asking for further test.

Dear applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application for Canada.

Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled Panel Physician (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Please contact PP for an appointment to comply with this request at the earliest. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your IME number on all correspondence with this office.

Sincerely,

Officer

Regional Medical Office

High Commission of Canada

Chanakyapuri, P.O. Box 5209

New Delhi-110021, India
1. IRCC won't cancel your grandmom's application.

2. This is the reason why I suggest doing 'practice medicals' from a panel physician before submitting super visa applications.... for applicants that have pre-existing conditions.

3. IRCC/panel physicians probably won't to know the reason for her high BP. Her arthritis is not the issue.

4. She must go through these medical furtherance

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
1. IRCC won't cancel your grandmom's application.

2. This is the reason why I suggest doing 'practice medicals' from a panel physician before submitting super visa applications.... for applicants that have pre-existing conditions.

3. IRCC/panel physicians probably won't to know the reason for her high BP. Her arthritis is not the issue.

4. She must go through these medical furtherance
Thank you for your expertise. Sending grandma to do the furtherance medical. She had TB back in 1979. It's all clear since. I think its probably chest x-ray and sputum. That means another 50-60 days waiting period.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your expertise. Sending grandma to do the furtherance medical. She had TB back in 1979. It's all clear since. I think its probably chest x-ray and sputum. That means another 50-60 days waiting period.
She would know what the panel physician's concerns are depending on the tests she takes. Hope these are not TB tests

Reactions: Kindness101

greenhouse

May 25, 2018
Hello. I came to Canada in September last year and I am planning to bring my parents on Super Visa this summer? What are the chances of them getting approved? Also, my last year's T4 shows a very small amount since I only worked for only 1 month. But I am have a good paying job now and Do you think I should go ahead and apply?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello. I came to Canada in September last year and I am planning to bring my parents on Super Visa this summer? What are the chances of them getting approved? Also, my last year's T4 shows a very small amount since I only worked for only 1 month. But I am have a good paying job now and Do you think I should go ahead and apply?
Zero chances of super visa approvals.

Wait until you have at least one NOA to prove that you meet the financial requirements to host them on super visas

greenhouse

May 25, 2018
Zero chances of super visa approvals.

Wait until you have at least one NOA to prove that you meet the financial requirements to host them on super visas
What if I apply for a regular visitor visa for a month? or Is it possible to include my inlaws financial status as they are willing to support my parents when they get here?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
When we submit our 2018 NOA, do they need the full 4 pages? Or can I just submit the first page showing line 150 at the bottom?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What if I apply for a regular visitor visa for a month?
For TRVs, your parents must prove they have strong reasons to leave Canada + good financial situation + they will visit for 3-4 weeks max.

or Is it possible to include my inlaws financial status as they are willing to support my parents when they get here?
Your in-laws cannot financially support your parents for super visas.

1. Is the combined income of yourself + your husband above the LICO requirements to host your parents for super visas?

2. How many people live in your household? Are your in-laws employed?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hello Everyone,

On Friday last week, my parents went and did their medicals. At the end, they were not given any documents, they only asked for my email. Last night, I created a GCKey account for my Father In Law and started the application. I noticed at the end, it requested 2x $100 Processing Fee, but only 1x $80 Biometrics Fee. I included my Mother In Law as his spouse on the application as well.

Is this correct? How do I inform the Immigration Officer we need to do two Biometrics? I have not completed or uploaded any documents yet. Just went to apply so I can generate a checklist of all the required documents.

Regards,