+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

ches

Jun 3, 2014
Hi, everyone!

I am new here and I really need some pieces of advice and help from you guys. I did apply for my mom's super visa online last March 5th. She got her biometrics done, medical is upfront with the online status as passed, and got every requirement and document needed for the super visa application. The thing is, I made a huge mistake! When I answered the questionnaire before the checklist was generated, I answered a question wrong. Instead of choosing child/grandchild, I chose parent/grandparent referring to how she is related to me. Although I chose visit for more than 6 months, it still didn't give me the tab to upload the medical insurance proof and our t4s. I didn't realize this until I submitted the application, so I uploaded out t4's, employment letters, and other income proof under Proof of Financial Support, and I uploaded her Medical insurance under Client Info/Additional Documents. I made a cover letter and table of contents for each file, however I am afraid they won't see the ones they require. I filled out forms correctly and chose super visa application. I don't really know what to do as they might consider it as regular visit visa application, or worse, decline the application. I send a case specific enquiry, as well as an email to Manila Visa Office explaining what mistake was done on our behalf. What I can't decide is if I shouls cancel the application and reapply, or wait for their answer to my enquiry. I am very stressed out as I am giving birth in 6 months and I prefer my mom to be here with us at that time. Any other options for me? Thank you so much in advance. I'd appreciate any input.

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
After reading hundreds of threads here...I finally applied for super visa for my sweet grandmother who I miss everyday on March 7th 2019. Will keep u all updated and if she gets the visa than...i will share the details here. All the best to all!
Hi,
Can you please share your timelines? Because I also applied for my parent’s supervisa on March 11. And no updates for Biometrics yet. Have you already got the biometrics request letter? Thank you

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Is that with any Preexisting disease?
Nope, no pre-existing issues. Strange, but it does align with other quotes I've received.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hi,
Can you please share your timelines? Because I also applied for my parent’s supervisa on March 11. And no updates for Biometrics yet. Have you already got the biometrics request letter? Thank you
My grandmother is above 79, therefore she is not required to do fingerprints.
I applied March 7th, Delhi
LINKed paper application to CIC.gc.org. march 8th

They started processing on March 12th
Eligibility:in process
Upfront medical: checking the results
Result:in process

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hi, everyone!

I am new here and I really need some pieces of advice and help from you guys. I did apply for my mom's super visa online last March 5th. She got her biometrics done, medical is upfront with the online status as passed, and got every requirement and document needed for the super visa application. The thing is, I made a huge mistake! When I answered the questionnaire before the checklist was generated, I answered a question wrong. Instead of choosing child/grandchild, I chose parent/grandparent referring to how she is related to me. Although I chose visit for more than 6 months, it still didn't give me the tab to upload the medical insurance proof and our t4s. I didn't realize this until I submitted the application, so I uploaded out t4's, employment letters, and other income proof under Proof of Financial Support, and I uploaded her Medical insurance under Client Info/Additional Documents. I made a cover letter and table of contents for each file, however I am afraid they won't see the ones they require. I filled out forms correctly and chose super visa application. I don't really know what to do as they might consider it as regular visit visa application, or worse, decline the application. I send a case specific enquiry, as well as an email to Manila Visa Office explaining what mistake was done on our behalf. What I can't decide is if I shouls cancel the application and reapply, or wait for their answer to my enquiry. I am very stressed out as I am giving birth in 6 months and I prefer my mom to be here with us at that time. Any other options for me? Thank you so much in advance. I'd appreciate any input.[/QUOT

Our expert @Bryanna might be able to help u here.

Reactions: ches

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, everyone!

I am new here and I really need some pieces of advice and help from you guys. I did apply for my mom's super visa online last March 5th. She got her biometrics done, medical is upfront with the online status as passed, and got every requirement and document needed for the super visa application. The thing is, I made a huge mistake! When I answered the questionnaire before the checklist was generated, I answered a question wrong. Instead of choosing child/grandchild, I chose parent/grandparent referring to how she is related to me. Although I chose visit for more than 6 months, it still didn't give me the tab to upload the medical insurance proof and our t4s. I didn't realize this until I submitted the application, so I uploaded out t4's, employment letters, and other income proof under Proof of Financial Support, and I uploaded her Medical insurance under Client Info/Additional Documents. I made a cover letter and table of contents for each file, however I am afraid they won't see the ones they require. I filled out forms correctly and chose super visa application. I don't really know what to do as they might consider it as regular visit visa application, or worse, decline the application. I send a case specific enquiry, as well as an email to Manila Visa Office explaining what mistake was done on our behalf. What I can't decide is if I shouls cancel the application and reapply, or wait for their answer to my enquiry. I am very stressed out as I am giving birth in 6 months and I prefer my mom to be here with us at that time. Any other options for me? Thank you so much in advance. I'd appreciate any input.
Don't cancel her current application. As you have already sent the additional documents (mandatory for super visa considerations), including an email to the Manila VO, it should be okay

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
My grandmother is above 79, therefore she is not required to do fingerprints.
I applied March 7th, Delhi
LINKed paper application to CIC.gc.org. march 8th

They started processing on March 12th
Eligibility:in process
Upfront medical: checking the results
Result:in process
Ok thank you so much. My parents have done the upfront Medical too. I just received an email that they received my application on March 14th. I will post all the updates here if I get any.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Ok thank you so much. My parents have done the upfront Medical too. I just received an email that they received my application on March 14th. I will post all the updates here if I get any.
I hope and pray your family get the super visas.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Nope, no pre-existing issues. Strange, but it does align with other quotes I've received.
This sounds reasonable. I got 1000 deductible with pre-existing conditions 3000 +. For a 79 year old.

ches

Jun 3, 2014
Don't cancel her current application. As you have already sent the additional documents (mandatory for super visa considerations), including an email to the Manila VO, it should be okay
Thanks, Bryanna! I was actually surprised that the Manila VO responded to my email right away. They refused to give me any information about my mom's application although I'm her representative, however they sent an email to my mom informing her that her application is categorized for super visa. What I did is I sent another email informing them that I am her representative, and wanted to make sure that the visa officer sees all required documents uploaded in different tabs due to our mistake. I'm kind of relieved right now. I'm still worried, but much better than yesterday as I was so stressed out. Thanks again so much!!!

Kazi19

Mar 4, 2019
Dear Bryanna,
My mother lives in Bangladesh.I have applied for my mother for supervisa on November 10th 2018. The following day, we got a biometric request and my mother did that. She got a medical request on December 1st and They updated the profile as ''medical passed" on 6th of December, 2018. Since then they are saying- background check in process. Usually processing time is 53 days, but it's been 5 months and still no update. We have filled IRCC web form on February 10th 2019 but we haven't received any reply till now (28 days passed). We're in dilemma and really worried. I have no clue what to do now! I would be really grateful, if you could suggest me something! Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks, Bryanna! I was actually surprised that the Manila VO responded to my email right away. They refused to give me any information about my mom's application although I'm her representative,however they sent an email to my mom informing her that her application is categorized for super visa.
That's strange. Did she sign and include the IMM 5476 form (Use of representative)? Maybe not.

It's good that your mom has been informed that her application is being considered for super visa.

What I did is I sent another email informing them that I am her representative, and wanted to make sure that the visa officer sees all required documents uploaded in different tabs due to our mistake. I'm kind of relieved right now. I'm still worried, but much better than yesterday as I was so stressed out. Thanks again so much!!!
As she has passed the medicals, you can expect a decision pretty soon. The Manila VO is quite understanding. Don't worry :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna,
My mother lives in Bangladesh.I have applied for my mother for supervisa on November 10th 2018. The following day, we got a biometric request and my mother did that. She got a medical request on December 1st and They updated the profile as ''medical passed" on 6th of December, 2018. Since then they are saying- background check in process. Usually processing time is 53 days, but it's been 5 months and still no update. We have filled IRCC web form on February 10th 2019 but we haven't received any reply till now (28 days passed). We're in dilemma and really worried. I have no clue what to do now! I would be really grateful, if you could suggest me something! Thank you!
Unfortunately, as Background checks are in progress, there's nothing you can do but to wait. You won't get responses to the web form nor emails.... maybe the standard response for background checks.

1. Has your mom worked/working in a government department, police, defense services, an area of critical information, or even research?

2. Has your mom traveled to or lived in a high-risk country in the past 10 years?

3. The good part is that as your mom has passed the medicals, she will likely get a passport request after IRCC gets a clear report for her background checks