+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for Work Permit

Serafin1

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Guys, Just needing help with my online application. I am having trouble uploading my the rest of my documents online. I have a question with regards to this , how can i put multiple pages in one PDF file? Because the system requires ony one file for uploading. I appreciate replies and help forum mates. Thanks again.

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello all, please if you have or know anyone that has recently applied online for an open work permit from Nigeria, kindly PM me. I applied on 10th September and haven't heard anything till now. It's probably too early to worry but I just want to share the waiting experience with anyone in a similar situation out there. Thanks!

leojtrebla

Oct 22, 2013
Hello Friends, Smiley

Just wanna ask a few questions about applying for a work permit. I'm on the verification process now and its been like 7 months or less. I complete and submitted my documents last March 13, 2013. Now my question is, what will happen if I submitted my requirements nor documents to the Canadian Embassy in UAE then I want to go back to Philippines to wait for my work permit? What are the consequences and solutions need to apply? Hoping for your immediate response guys. Thank You Very Much & GOD BLESS US ALL..!!

Yours Truly,
leojtrebla Wink

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hello!

To those who applied online, did you include/upload the NCY checklist of documents as part of your application package?

Also, in your AOR, does it also say "This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on......."

I am just wondering if it should really say application for TEMPORARY RESIDENCE...

Please let me know as the letter I received says temporary residence and my agent did not include the checklist of documents :'(.

Thanks,

Cookie

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
There is no check list option in online application they provide space for what document they need after submitting online application we received confirmation with application number following for wp
"This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) on date"

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
samir3132 said:
There is no check list option in online application they provide space for what document they need after submitting online application we received confirmation with application number following for wp
"This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) on date"
So in you acknowledgement letter it also indicates "Temporary Residence"?

Thanks!

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
cookie27 said:
So in you acknowledgement letter it also indicates "Temporary Residence"?

Thanks!
Hi Cookie,
You have applied for Work permit. But when your application will be approved you will receive TRV (Temporary Residence Visitor) Visa, in short visitor Visa which will be one time entry only. Along with this you will receive an email suggesting your Work permit duration.

When you enter Canada you will be given work permit. From your home country you go on visitor visa. Hence it is temporary residence.

In a nutshell, no matter you apply Student, Visitor or work you will get temporary residence confirmation only.

Hope this answers your question

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
yes
but people already in canada and renewing wp send directly at home address by cic

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
samir3132 said:
yes
but people already in canada and renewing wp send directly at home address by cic
Samir, thats right, for people in canada, the WP is sent directly to the home address, but for outside canada, it is issued at the port of entry.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
BigBee said:
Samir, thats right, for people in canada, the WP is sent directly to the home address, but for outside canada, it is issued at the port of entry.
In case you are in Canada, the WP is not issued to your home. Instead the applicant has to cross the border with the approval letter you get from CIC and reenter Canada. The CBSA officers asks some questions and issues WP doc over there. I had been through the same process where I had to cross niagara border and reenter Canada. My WP was applied when I was on business visa in Toronto.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
foruaks said:
In case you are in Canada, the WP is not issued to your home. Instead the applicant has to cross the border with the approval letter you get from CIC and reenter Canada. The CBSA officers asks some questions and issues WP doc over there. I had been through the same process where I had to cross niagara border and reenter Canada. My WP was applied when I was on business visa in Toronto.
Interesting.... my spouse got her OWP delivered at home in Canada... probably, you are right for Closed Work Permit...

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Hi foruaks,

its because you change from business visitor visa to work but people who already holding work permit and renewing wp dont need to go anywhere they revived at home address.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
samir3132 said:
Hi foruaks,

its because you change from business visitor visa to work but people who already holding work permit and renewing wp dont need to go anywhere they revived at home address.
Yes makes sense...

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Dear forum members,
After reading the pages of this topic can I assume the following:

1.When you apply online you don't digital sign the documents (as with digital signature from verisign or other company)
2.You print the application for your spouse, she sign it, scan and upload
3.You only sent scanned version of your passport, if approved CIC contact you to send the passport by courier for the visa
4.You only sent the documents that are asked in the online application wizzard even if there are some documents that are asked if you apply on paper and are not asked if you apply online
5. If you sent documents that are translated, they don't need to be notarized, you only translate them at official translator, scan and send'

I need confirmation for my assumptions from someone more experienced.

Thanks