fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I have only heard this document might be required at some embassies or may be you chose a wrong option. Though the one you mentioned looks fine to me i.e. Choosing "Yes" in the question you posted is the right answer in my opinion too. Since you are the legal guardian of your child.

Personally i also submitted this form, but not as part of my visa application. I actually am destined for Quebec where they require a separate document called CAQ (certificate of acceptance for Quebec). You have to get this when applying for work permit or study visa.

With my LMO, my employer had already gotten this for me "for work". However, for my son aged 6+ who is school going and i applied for an "open study permit" for him with CIC islamabad. This open study permit for Quebec requires a CAQ for study. I applied through there website separately and filled this same IMM5713 form to claim i am his guardian. Then latter my company's lawyer in Canada was able to collect a copy of that CAQ and sent it to me. Finally i submitted that CAQ along with my whole application to CIC.

So just fill it along and upload. At any rate it won't hurt if this is additional.

ashish29

Nov 7, 2013
I am an Indian citizen, I came to US on H1B visa last year in Decemeber, 2012.

My Visa was for one year, from June-2012 to June-2013. So when I came, I had only about 5-6 months of visa left. After coming here, I applied for visa extension, and it got approved for one more year, so now I can legally stay here till June-2014. It has been about 11 months since I came to US

Now I got a job in Canada. My question is where should I apply for my Canada work permit, in NYC office, or India?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ashish29 said:
I am an Indian citizen, I came to US on H1B visa last year in Decemeber, 2012.

My Visa was for one year, from June-2012 to June-2013. So when I came, I had only about 5-6 months of visa left. After coming here, I applied for visa extension, and it got approved for one more year, so now I can legally stay here till June-2014. It has been about 11 months since I came to US

Now I got a job in Canada. My question is where should I apply for my Canada work permit, in NYC office, or India?
Since you have been legally residing in the US i.e. have been living there for at least a year, you are eligible to apply from US. The condition is that you cannot apply from a country where you have been on a visit status and it elaborates to say "if you have been living for a year" on CIC website. Having said that, instead of going physically to NYC office, it is perhaps better (faster) to apply online (where by giving your current resident address of USA, your case would be processed via US embassy).

Lastly, you cannot actually apply from India since if you do so, at some point you will have to provide CIC india with your original passport and it is illegal to send a passport internationally via courier or something. So the option to use India would only be viable if you, yourself are present in India at that point.

For paper based (VAC used) application, you submit original passports along, for online application you initially submit a copy and latter if approved, receive a passport request for visa stamping.

Hope that helps.

tj204

Jan 12, 2013
Hi,

i have problem to download IMM5710 !!!!!
I have everything else uploud online,but this i can't .
I have the newest version of Adobe Reader PDF.

Somebody else have similar problem?

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
Hello everyone,

I submitted my online application last october 14, 2013. Until now i didn't heard any news or update from the CIC.

Is it okay i didn't include my police certificate in my application? i didn't include my police certificate from saudi arabia & my home country coz in the online application they didn't ask for it. I'm just waiting for them to ask me, to submit it.

Thanks

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Dear ythadzz

Assuming you applied for temporary work permit in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia, the procesing time is 5 months, so It;s ok to wait for 3-4 more months.
You can check here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
noobmoon said:
Dear ythadzz

Assuming you applied for temporary work permit in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia, the procesing time is 5 months, so It;s ok to wait for 3-4 more months.
You can check here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
Yeah thanks..but i submitted my application thru online. i'm just little worried because of my police certificate i didn't inlcude it.

I'm following this link for the online application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
I thing i read somewhere that it is not a prerequisite.
It is ok to have it but I thing that you are ok, if they need it they might ask you at some later stage.
When applying online I believe it will be shorter but you can expect 2-3 weeks shorter time not more.
I plan to apply soon and also for me the system does not ask for police cert but I will include anyway.
But If I was in your place I wouldn't worry too much.
Just keep the good feith.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ythadzz said:
Yeah thanks..but i submitted my application thru online. i'm just little worried because of my police certificate i didn't inlcude it.

I'm following this link for the online application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Submitting online doesn't mean your application is processed as "Submitted Inside Canada". So the processing times that you are seeing of 21 days on the link mentioned doesn't apply if your visa office of submission is "Outside Canada".

If that would be the case, no would would actually submit via their home country and would only apply online because of HUGE processing time differences between applications submitted INSIDE Canada vs OUTSIDE.

More or less the same time line applies to you as per your visa office i.e. 5 months or so. However, in general, if your visa office is currently on low work load and your case is clear cut you should hear back much sooner.

Hope that helps.

Fasuu11

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 August 2013
AOR Received.
05 August 2013
Interview........
12 September 2013
fkl said:
Submitting online doesn't mean your application is processed as "Submitted Inside Canada". So the processing times that you are seeing of 21 days on the link mentioned doesn't apply if your visa office of submission is "Outside Canada".

If that would be the case, no would would actually submit via their home country and would only apply online because of HUGE processing time differences between applications submitted INSIDE Canada vs OUTSIDE.

More or less the same time line applies to you as per your visa office i.e. 5 months or so. However, in general, if your visa office is currently on low work load and your case is clear cut you should hear back much sooner.

Hope that helps.
Hi fki

I send an email to cic on 22 oct 13 and they
Replied on 28oct 13 I already completed
Average processing time as per cic
What do you suggest
Below is the email
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We are currently reviewing the information provided by you in support of this application.

We estimate that the review may exceed the average processing timeframe set out on our website.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi Fasuu11,

It is pretty nice of them trying to give you an over all picture. Otherwise, often for the delayed cases, there is simply no response for a long time. So i don't think there is any thing you can or should do. Just be patient and may be ping them once in a while like (once in a month) just to make sure your file is not kind of forgotten.

Importantly, if you have some kind of deadline for e.g. date of joining etc. beyond which it is problematic for your employer in some way, make sure they are all informed i.e. CIC as well as your employer.

Fasuu11 said:
Hi fki

I send an email to cic on 22 oct 13 and they
Replied on 28oct 13 I already completed
Average processing time as per cic
What do you suggest
Below is the email
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We are currently reviewing the information provided by you in support of this application.

We estimate that the review may exceed the average processing timeframe set out on our website.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
fkl said:

Hope that helps.
Thank you fkl

I'm not hurry in though, What i'm worried if they process fast my application so i don't have the time to go vacation in my home country..I want to have a vacation before going to canada.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Got my wp renewed apply online from inside Canada on Oct 14 and received approval email on 8Nov

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
I was wondering what is your opinion about this question in the online application:

What is the status of your job offer?
a)Temporary - At least a year
b)Permanent

My situation:

My job offer i.e the contract I have with my employer states that the job offer is permanent.
But the LMO I have states that the duration of job offer is 24 months. (My employer applied for permanent LMO bu the made a mistake and issued and temporary one but that another story)

What should I choose as an answer.

In the IMM1295 in the question:

Duration of expected employment, I wrote: 2014-01-01 to 2016-01-01 i.e 24 months because my LMO says 24 months.

Should I answer the question as Permanent or Temporary - at least I year?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Temporary - at least a year in my opinion with its validity dates as you quoted. Visa type you are applying for is not permanent and stating so would risk refusal since correct category for that is FSW for which you do not have the LMO. So just stick to the temp plans.

Have answered you already on pm