Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
noobmoon said:
2.You print the application for your spouse, she sign it, scan and upload
4.You only sent the documents that are asked in the online application wizzard even if there are some documents that are asked if you apply on paper and are not asked if you apply online
2. If you are applying for your spouse online, you do not sign the main forms (Work permit form or trv form) i.e. the forms that are filled and verified (by clicking the verify button) need to be submitted as the actual document, not the scanned copy. If you are going to sign it by hand, obviously you will upload a scanned copy which will be invalid. Just use the original verified document (i mean the document filled by typing on computer and clicking verify button. In place of signature just type name in blocks and upload this document.

For family information form, you can print, sign (as in signature by hand/pen) and upload a scanned copy. This form does not have a verify button, so scanned copy works fine.

4. You can still attach additional proof of any thing that supports your case over all. Things like property ownership docs, pay slips or any thing that shows better ties etc. to home country. These can be included as part of a single pdf if you can't find other places for the same.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Do I need to make separate application for my spouse or when I apply for myself I just fill one document for her?
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Separate application, though you will fill entries for her not being the primary applicant.

While filling forms for yourself, upon answering questions related to family and dependents, the system automatically routes you to fill more forms for family.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
By separate application you mean to fill additional documentation (forms) for my spouse.
You don't thinks by separate application that she has to mace account and fill application for herself??

Am I to assume that I as the principal application am making one application but in it there is separate form for my spouse and dependent child?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Yes i only mean additional documents i.e. a temp work permit application for you, Family information form and Schedule 1 form if applicable.

Then, temp work permit application form for your spouse (and choosing work permit type as open while leaving "prospective employer details by writing Not Applicable"), HER family information form and schedule 1 (if applicable)

For your dependent child, a temp resident visa application form, HER Family information form, Schedule 1 form (if applicable). If your child is 6+, then instead of trv form, apply for open study permit using the standard study permit application form and writing "Not applicable" in details of institute which gave you admission in Canada.

These details might vary based upon your visa office / country. But i hope you get the over all picture.

Lastly, you are the primary applicant and your spouse and child are dependents. This is indicated on top of both Family information form as well as schedule 1 form.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
fkl

I need to fill "Family Information (IMM5645)" for my spouse and my child also.
In this form at the top what should I check:

Type of Application: Visitor Worker Student Other

I want to bring my spouse and dependent child with me.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
noobmoon said:
fkl

I need to fill "Family Information (IMM5645)" for my spouse and my child also.
In this form at the top what should I check:

Type of Application: Visitor Worker Student Other

I want to bring my spouse and dependent child with me.
In your Family information form, you will have to select "Worker"

For your spouse and child. it would be "Visitor"

If you are applying for student permit for your child, then it would be "student" for your child.

Good luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Noobmoon,

Just making sure, you will fill a copy of this form for EACH of the three of you.

In your case, you would choose, Worker (assuming you are going for temp work permit)

For your spouse, It will still be worker (assuming open work permit), otherwise it is "Visitor"

For dependent child, if child is less than 6 and you are applying a trv, check visitor. If child > 6 and you are applying for open study permit, check student

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
fkl thanks for the answer

I will apply for myself as Worker (temp work permit)
My child is less then 6 and I will choose Visitor

For my spouse: Whats the difference between Worker or Visitor.
She does not have job offer and LMO. I would like for her to be able to work in some time in the future.
If I choose visitor, does it mean that she can stall all the time with me in Canada or she can visit me only from time to time.

Also in IMM1295 for myself:

What type of work permit are you applying for?

I should choose: Open Work Permit

Also, in the beginning of the document there is a question about UCI number.
I received this number when I apply under FSW but was found ineligible for this type of visa. I should write this number.
For my spouse and dependent child I should not write any UCI number because they have not been a principal applicants so far.

The last question :) When you answer the online questionare before you submit the documents online, there is a question: How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Less then 6 months
More than 6 months
Permanently

I plan to enter as temp worker and later to apply for FSW or Experience Class visa or anything else that will give me right to stay permanently in Canada and hopefully getting Canadian citizenship at some point in future.
Should I choose More than 6 months or Permanently.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are most welcome.

* Since your job is one of skilled type (NOC 0, A or B) - otherwise you are not so called eligible directly to bring your family. At least you will have to show proof of funds if your job code is not one of them. If it is (skilled), you are eligible to get an "open work permit" for your spouse. When you chose "Open work permit" IN HER FORM, it means it is not tied to an employer and hence doesnt need an LMO. So you write "Not applicable" in the details of employer for your spouse form.

Even if you choose visitor (multiple) for her, she can stay along with you pretty much the same way. Still you should take open work permit nevertheless.

* In IMM1295, choose "OTHER" for yourself. Open work permit is for spouse which is not tied to any employer. The one with LMO is tied to a specific employer and is a "closed work permit" (your case).

* If you have a UCI number from past history, write it. If in doubt you can leave it empty. Your family doesn't have any so leave it blank for them.

* You should choose "More than six months" in online questionnaire since it can't be permanent because you are applying for a temp work visa which would likely be at least a year long and probably longer. Intention to apply for permanent residence latter has nothing to do at this point, and hence has no mentioning here.

Hope that helps.

noobmoon said:
fkl thanks for the answer

I will apply for myself as Worker (temp work permit)
My child is less then 6 and I will choose Visitor

For my spouse: Whats the difference between Worker or Visitor.
She does not have job offer and LMO. I would like for her to be able to work in some time in the future.
If I choose visitor, does it mean that she can stall all the time with me in Canada or she can visit me only from time to time.

Also in IMM1295 for myself:

What type of work permit are you applying for?

I should choose: Open Work Permit

Also, in the beginning of the document there is a question about UCI number.
I received this number when I apply under FSW but was found ineligible for this type of visa. I should write this number.
For my spouse and dependent child I should not write any UCI number because they have not been a principal applicants so far.

The last question :) When you answer the online questionare before you submit the documents online, there is a question: How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Less then 6 months
More than 6 months
Permanently

I plan to enter as temp worker and later to apply for FSW or Experience Class visa or anything else that will give me right to stay permanently in Canada and hopefully getting Canadian citizenship at some point in future.
Should I choose More than 6 months or Permanently.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
fkl said:
* Since your job is one of skilled type (NOC 0, A or B) - otherwise you are not so called eligible directly to bring your family. At least you will have to show proof of funds if your job code is not one of them. If it is (skilled), you are eligible to get an "open work permit" for your spouse. When you chose "Open work permit" IN HER FORM, it means it is not tied to an employer and hence doesnt need an LMO. So you write "Not applicable" in the details of employer for your spouse form.

Even if you choose visitor (multiple) for her, she can stay along with you pretty much the same way. Still you should take open work permit nevertheless.
fkl thanks for the quick response.

I did the online questionare and come to the part where I need to upload the documents.

For my spouse the only documents that are required are:

Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)
Family Information (IMM5645)

Only in the IMM5257 there is no mention about visa type. In IMM5645 at the top I should choose Work for my spouse.
Does this mean that she will get Open Work permit or I need to feel separate IMM1295 form because that is the only form that ask about type of visa.

I don't want to complicate things, because I am coming will 2 year child and my spouse is not gonna work at least for first 2 years, but if it is the same I won't refuse her having open work visa just in case something good pop ups.

For myself when I fill IMM1295 for type of visa I will choose Other and will provide information about employer.
That should be sufficient?

Also I don't need to feel IMM5409 because I am married under the low with my spouse and does have marriage certificate.

If I mention my UCI number, under your opinion do I need to write explanatory letter to explain why I have than number, under with visa category I applied and why I was denied.

Am I missing something?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You need to have separate IMM1295 filled for your spouse, in order to apply for her open work permit. In addition to getting an approval for "open work permit", the validity duration of such visas are better i.e. if your spouse is applying for open work permit with you being primary applicant, her trv validity will be same as yours.

I know of a case in which a person applied for his own work permit, spouse open work permit and trv for children. However, he mistakenly chose single entry trv for children. So they got visas but the children trv's were only valid for six months. So they will need to get those renewed from inside canada after six months. Similar thing could also happen if you chose trv for spouse i suppose. So where you can, chose "open work permit" and take advantage. She can work when she likes or gets an option and there is no downside.

You do not need a declaration of common law relation form IMM5409 since you are married and the marriage certificate would work instead.

Explaining UCI is not really required. Still if you think it can impact your chances of success, may be you can write an explanation. At any rate, doing that won't be a disadvantage at any rate.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
I don't understand.
Only the principal applicant fills IMM1295. In this case it is me and not my spouse.

Do you mean maybe that my spouse should apply separately from me. If she apply separately then she will be the principal applicant and she can fill IMM1295.

Because this is the list of documents that when I try to apply online is asked from me:

Application Form(s)

Status Document Name Options
Not Provided Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295)

Supporting Documents

Not Provided Marriage License/Certificate
Not Provided Family Information (IMM5645)
Not Provided Offer of employment
Not Provided CV/Resume
Not Provided Passport or travel document
Not Provided Employment Contract
Not Provided Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC
Not Provided Digital Photo
Not Provided Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered
Not Provided Employment reference letter
Not Provided Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)

Optional Documents

Family Members

You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. Please attach their documents below.

Family Member 1 - xx/xx/xxxx
Application Form(s)

Not Provided Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Supporting Documents

Optional Documents

Family Member 2 - xx/xx/xxxx
Application Form(s)

Not Provided Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Supporting Documents

Optional Documents

Fee
Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Work Permit 1 $150 $150
Multiple Entry 2 $150 $300
Total Price (CAD) $450

--------------------------------------------------
Nowhere do I see IMM1295 for my spouse.
Maybe should I add it in the additional documents?
Am I missing something?

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I hadn't applied myself online (as i told you already in response to your PM), so i went through online wizard myself since i was sure there is way to put it.

Please go back to modify the details of your application and see if you have answered.

===============

Why is your family member visiting Canada?
Work (other) Modify

==================

You have to chose purpose of visit for your spouse as "Work (other)" since it is not a work permit with LMO but rather an open work permit for spouse.

When i completed the checklist using the above options, the list of documents generated lists one IMM1295 for me as principal applicant

AND ANOTHER (IMM1295) UNDER FAMILY MEMBERS for my spouse in addition to family information form.

Please make the above change and you should see the spouse work permit form too.

Let me know if that helps.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Great help Fkl

It help. I got the system to give me place to insert work permit application for my spouse.

I just got this strange document that I need to attach

Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)

I don't understand the purpose of this document. Maybe I answered some of the questions wrongly.

Maybe this question
Is your family member currently, or will they be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?

Yes

Any idea?