+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for Work Permit

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Guys,
When you apply for the workpermit online; is there option that you can apply for your family members too i.e. dependents at the same time in the same application?
Can someone please reply to this? I'm also looking for an answer.

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Yes, you can. Go ahead and apply and add family members
Thanks! How's your application? Do you know whether online is faster or paper-based application? What's your timeline?

I have submitted my passport etc to my employer and will be forwarding me the job offer. In the meantime, I want to start preparing my docs.

Thanks. :)

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Thanks! How's your application? Do you know whether online is faster or paper-based application? What's your timeline?

I have submitted my passport etc to my employer and will be forwarding me the job offer. In the meantime, I want to start preparing my docs.

Thanks. :)
I believe you are within Canada and do not need to leave Canada anytime soon?
So, application should start with you account creating and starting a bunch of question. Then add family members. You have to fill up the forms for all the family members. Then you should upload.
Normally, right now, it is 58 days processing for online application and paper: 100 days.
You do not need passport for online application - you just need scanned passport information pages.

Reactions: Catpaws14

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
I believe you are within Canada and do not need to leave Canada anytime soon?
So, application should start with you account creating and starting a bunch of question. Then add family members. You have to fill up the forms for all the family members. Then you should upload.
Normally, right now, it is 58 days processing for online application and paper: 100 days.
You do not need passport for online application - you just need scanned passport information pages.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely go with online.. I'm an outland applicant under AIPP but the employer mentioned getting a work permit to fill out the position at the earliest.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely go with online.. I'm an outland applicant under AIPP but the employer mentioned getting a work permit to fill out the position at the earliest.
I am not sure how your visa stuff /country - if you need visa, you will have to apply paper I think since they need to put visa sticker in your passport. But if your country is visa exempt, then you can just apply for eTA and enter. Work permit is not visa.

Reactions: Catpaws14

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
Hi Regarding workpermit ? is it correct it online is much faster or it depends of country of residency?

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
It depends on the issuing country, cos for me I found out that in the UAE its paper based applications only for AIPP.
It means like for me currently im here in Qatar i do online means that ill.follow Qatar processing time of 8weeks?