fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
It's required. Either you should have the original NICOP or you have a receipt as proof that you have applied for it and would get it in a few days.

You mean you have smart NIC? That won't be sufficient and you would have to apply for NICOP

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friend. I am going to apply for low skilled temporary work permit from New delhi. Can you please tell me if I need to show any funds ? if yes, how much do you think I need to show ? I have 5 lacs in Fixed desposit and around 1 lakh in my saving account. I do not have any property to show.

Rhiza17

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
hello!
is there anyone here who have a situation where in you applied for a work permit online without the passport attached instead a cover letter informing the CIC that as soon as the passport arrived (because you have renewed it), you submit it to follow? Because i'm planning to do so... am i making the right decision? do you think they will consider my request? my passport will expire sept.7 same as my work permit... passport renewal done July 8, not yet on hand... :(

Ronron23

Jul 23, 2014
Rhiza17 said:
hello!
is there anyone here who have a situation where in you applied for a work permit online without the passport attached instead a cover letter informing the CIC that as soon as the passport arrived (because you have renewed it), you submit it to follow? Because i'm planning to do so... am i making the right decision? do you think they will consider my request? my passport will expire sept.7 same as my work permit... passport renewal done July 8, not yet on hand... :(
Hi there rhiza17 if you can wait for your passport it will be a lot better because they will defend on the expiration of your passport if they will approve your application... Anyways which visa office are you applying.

Rhiza17

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Ronron23 said:
Hi there rhiza17 if you can wait for your passport it will be a lot better because they will defend on the expiration of your passport if they will approve your application... Anyways which visa office are you applying.
hi Ronron23.. sorry not to mention that its a renewal of work permit. if i will wait for my passport, i should stop working then because of expired WP... i can't afford to loose my job now.. lots of payments.. if i apply before it expires i would be included on an implied status.. and still can work. should i take the risk? or just still wait for it..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@Rhiza17, i have seen cases where people applied with older passport online which was valid for say a year or so.

But then during the application process, they got renewed passport (mainly so they could get study / work permit for the longest possible period.

So latter they submitted newer passport upon passport request and that was fine and accepted.

I don't know if you current passport is already expired or if it has SOME validity left.

But if i were in your shoes, i will definitely make an attempt i.e. attaching a letter and submitting application though there is definitely risk involved.

However, what i wonder is, why can't you get renewed passport on urgent basis. Even if you submit application a day before expiry of current permit, you are under implied status.

Ronron23

Jul 23, 2014
Rhiza17 said:
hi Ronron23.. sorry not to mention that its a renewal of work permit. if i will wait for my passport, i should stop working then because of expired WP... i can't afford to loose my job now.. lots of payments.. if i apply before it expires i would be included on an implied status.. and still can work. should i take the risk? or just still wait for it..
[/quote
@rhiza17 if youre renewing your work permit dont risk it because as ive said before they will base the legnth of approval of your work permit on the validity of your passport they might approved it but it will be a lot hussle for you later on you might need to reapply again if they will give you lets say 3 months only so id really rather not risk it just wait. You can continue working cause you still fall under the implied status. Anyways which province are you in right now .

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@Ronron23,

He won't fall under implied status if his application for renewal hasn't reached CIC before expiry of earlier permit which he says is likely.

Other than that, one factor to add is, it's mainly LMO's approval and period that counts. For instance you received an LMO stating 3 years as period for approved work permit.

But you were issued permit for two years only because of passport's expiry.

YOU CAN RENEW YOUR WORK PERMIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT LMO then once you have a renewed passport. This is verified information. All it will cost is one more application fee.

Ronron23

Jul 23, 2014
fkl said:
@ Ronron23,

He won't fall under implied status if his application for renewal hasn't reached CIC before expiry of earlier permit which he says is likely.

Other than that, one factor to add is, it's mainly LMO's approval and period that counts. For instance you received an LMO stating 3 years as period for approved work permit.

But you were issued permit for two years only because of passport's expiry.

YOU CAN RENEW YOUR WORK PERMIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT LMO then once you have a renewed passport. This is verified information. All it will cost is one more application fee.
My bad re read the topic and sorry rhiza17 didnt mean give a wrong advice.

fannijeros

Sep 12, 2014
Hello,

My situation is the following: as my husband was accepted to a post-graduate program in Canada, we applied for a study permit for him and an open work permit for me in May 23, 2014. He received his permit in 2 weeks, but I still haven`t got my work permit yet. We applied online and they told me when I tried to ask the Vienna Visa Office (we belong to that office as Hungarians), that my application is being processed by the Vegreville Visa Office. I did not find any information on the website of cic concerning on the average processing time of online open work permit applications in this office. Do you have any information about that? I wrote an inquiry email 2 weeks ago to the visa office but they haven`t answered yet.
Can you help me, please?
The worst is that I do not know what to expect. :(
Thanks

Fanni

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
fannijeros said:
Hello,

My situation is the following: as my husband was accepted to a post-graduate program in Canada, we applied for a study permit for him and an open work permit for me in May 23, 2014. He received his permit in 2 weeks, but I still haven`t got my work permit yet. We applied online and they told me when I tried to ask the Vienna Visa Office (we belong to that office as Hungarians), that my application is being processed by the Vegreville Visa Office. I did not find any information on the website of cic concerning on the average processing time of online open work permit applications in this office. Do you have any information about that? I wrote an inquiry email 2 weeks ago to the visa office but they haven`t answered yet.
Can you help me, please?
The worst is that I do not know what to expect. :(
Thanks

Fanni
hi fanni

did you apply online?
you can check the status on your account and you will also see if they need additional documents.

fannijeros

Sep 12, 2014
Yes, online. I know, that I can check the status (there is no further document requirement), but I am interested in the average processing time to know what to expect. I applied in May and I hoped I could get it by September.
Thanks

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I applied online for BOWP, I forgot to attach the PER email, will my application be returned?

fcharm23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA V.O.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012
AOR Received.
21-August-2012
File Transfer...
27-August-2012
Med's Done....
23-March-2012
Passport Req..
1-Dec-2012 via email
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013 :D
Hello All! My sister wants to apply for work permit under live-in caregiver. She is currently here in Canada as visitor and I understand that we need to apply outside of Canada for her work permit. We want to send it to New York Visa office.

If we are going to do it online, are there options where to send our application? Or will it depend on her current residence, for example, if her current residence is in the Philippines, once I submitted the application online will it be processed directly in the Philippines or there's an option where she can choose what country(New York) she wants so apply to? Or should we just send it through mail directly to New York?

Thank you in advance!!! :( :(

kik4

Sep 20, 2014
Hi guys, I have one question that bothers me so please help...
I came in Alberta in June as a tourist to visit my friend, and one day as I was waiting him outside of his company he introduced me to his boss.
We were talking, and he offered me a job in his company because my previous experience as a service technician for industrial equipment.
I have decided that this will be a great plus in my CV, and valuable international experience even if I don't want to stay in Canada and apply for PR.
He decided that he would go with LMIA process. Advertisement is over and immigration lawyer have sent all papers to Service Canada.
So my question is: if LMIA will be approved, do I need to apply online for a work permit or I need to go to border and do the "flagpooling"?
Lawyer did not reccomend flagpooling because they might grill me and say : "Yoo came here not as a tourist but to find job" and honestly that happened to me accidentaly. Thanks for any help or advice!