fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@Mrs. Khurram, i am sorry to hear that and it sounds pretty bad i.e. the passport returning stuff. Before the VAC stuff, even if you applied on paper, a family member could collect passport on your behalf with authority letter + his own and your ID. Seems like things are only going in the wrong direction.

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
KRMALIK said:
it was a paper based application my wife was the main applicant n i was her dependent i applied for the open work permit along with her.the day we have applied they have given us tracking no which is still showing in process.company has their own immigration consultant they prepared our file and they said send every thing together like madcial upfront and passport and rest docoments

every time when we check online it says
Visa application, tracking ID No.********************* Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Offlice, ISLAMABAD on **/**/****. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

we sent email last month than they ask for the more detail like you mention up than after again quit still waiting for the reply

thanks for the reply

hi fkl whats ur opinion about my case please reply for my post thanks

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Thanks fkl for all your definite answers to questions being asked here.

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
hi guys,

I have applied online Spouse Open Work Permit on July 25, 2014.

Is there anyone who has applied OWP or WP outside Canada in the month of July 2014

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
foruaks said:
I have applied for Work Permit online on 26th July 2013. The web site shows 32 days for processing. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Can you guys provide your timelines? Has anyone received approval for online application recently?

I would appreciate any replies.
Hi,

I applied for a post graduate work permit on the 15th of July. My cic account was updated on the 19th and it said that the PGWP had been processed and mailed to me (I also called the customer service line to confirm this because it usually takes weeks) but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Will let you know when I do.

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
m.chippy said:
Hi,

I applied for a post graduate work permit on the 15th of July. My cic account was updated on the 19th and it said that the PGWP had been processed and mailed to me (I also called the customer service line to confirm this because it usually takes weeks) but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Will let you know when I do.
THanks for sharing your WP timeline

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
hi
everyone

after long wait after 6 months we get email reply just two line and again wait

{your application is currently in process and under review.
we thank you for your patience and keeping your correspondence to a minimum.}

i dont know how long we have to wait more and we applied in jan 2014 paper based application along with my wife she was the main applicant
any one have the same reply plz update ur time line thanks

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
KRMALIK said:
hi
everyone

i dont know how long we have to wait more and we applied in jan 2014 paper based application along with my wife she was the main applicant
Hi,

which is your visa office ?

6 months is a very long time

i have applied OWP online on July 25, 2014 and worried now, as there is no update for me

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
canfsw said:
Hi,

which is your visa office ?

6 months is a very long time

i have applied OWP online on July 25, 2014 and worried now, as there is no update for me

hi
alhamdulilah
we have received email yesterday from embassy that application of work permit have been approved
it was really n truly long wait of more than 6 months

my wife was the main applicant and we applied together on 24th of jan 2014
yesterday they sent email that application has been approved and now we waiting for the VAC Islamabad for to call us to pickup passport and remaining documents
may be it will get we bcz of the political situation in Islamabad
hope for the best to settle down the situation in Islamabad
at last the wait is over
thanks every one

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
KRMALIK said:
hi
everyone

Hi KrMalik,

I missed your earlier question because it was appended with your quoted text and only saw it today.

Generally speaking 6 months is a lot but it can happen as per say. So just hang in there and keep emailing CIC once a month with all your details.

If it makes you feel any better, my case took around 10 months (5 people total - husband, wife and 3 kids) but it was due to multiple reasons.

Firstly, embassy had some wrong info about forms on website, so twice returned application unprocessed due to missing forms. Then my employer's lawyer made a mistake, then there was strike in embassy so it held on for a long time, then there was further medicals required for one of our kids. So a lot of factors could affect a file and me being a highly skilled worker and clear cut job offer and stuff, still it took me 10 months to receive visa (though at least 3 other colleagues of mine with similar background and families got it in between 2 and 3 months total from the date of application till receiving passports).

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
fkl said:
Hi KrMalik,

I missed your earlier question because it was appended with your quoted text and only saw it today.

Generally speaking 6 months is a lot but it can happen as per say. So just hang in there and keep emailing CIC once a month with all your details.

If it makes you feel any better, my case took around 10 months (5 people total - husband, wife and 3 kids) but it was due to multiple reasons.

Firstly, embassy had some wrong info about forms on website, so twice returned application unprocessed due to missing forms. Then my employer's lawyer made a mistake, then there was strike in embassy so it held on for a long time, then there was further medicals required for one of our kids. So a lot of factors could affect a file and me being a highly skilled worker and clear cut job offer and stuff, still it took me 10 months to receive visa (though at least 3 other colleagues of mine with similar background and families got it in between 2 and 3 months total from the date of application till receiving passports).

hi thanks fkl
alhamadulilah

i have received my passport with stamp for both of us today have a plan to travel on 12th by PIA thanks for support
thanks every one in this forum

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
KRMALIK said:
hi thanks fkl
alhamadulilah

i have received my passport with stamp for both of us today have a plan to travel on 12th by PIA thanks for support
thanks every one in this forum
you are most welcome.

I assume you know that you need Protectorate stamp on passport which is a full day process (after applying for NICOP which itself takes a day) and costs around 16k per person (if you include NICOP application cost).

You cannot be cleared from immigration from Pakistani airport unless you have this stamp if you are going on a work permit. Moreover, the stamp is only valid for 15 days so you can only get it done a week or so before leaving from the protectorate office in the city whose address is on your NIC or at least you have documents proving that you are resident of that city.

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
fkl said:
you are most welcome.

I assume you know that you need Protectorate stamp on passport which is a full day process (after applying for NICOP which itself takes a day) and costs around 16k per person (if you include NICOP application cost).

You cannot be cleared from immigration from Pakistani airport unless you have this stamp if you are going on a work permit. Moreover, the stamp is only valid for 15 days so you can only get it done a week or so before leaving from the protectorate office in the city whose address is on your NIC or at least you have documents proving that you are resident of that city.

hi fkl i know about the protector stamp.i lived in pindi so its easy for me go there n get it done just need to confirm that
nicop is compulsory . i was use to live in England. i got it there but some pocket picker nicked my pocket and i lost in that way now i have smart card. plz confirm me if its compulsory thanks