+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for Work Permit

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear fkl and all Senior members plz help,
my consultant told me i have to apply online he sent me all the farms and said complete it and send to me
i will apply from canada to CIC.regarding fingerprint he said when CIC will request than you will go to islamabad for fingerprint.is it ok or for the online application we need fingerprint before applying.plz reply me sooner if possible. many THANKS to all of YOU.

Rhiza17

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Thanks fkl & ronron23
So, i submit my application on the day my work permit expired even without the passport.
Yes, they gave me a work permit. Just received it by mail last friday. Sad to say the validity is only until june 2015 with remarks 4 year max, no further extension... It's true! 4 year duration is in effect... ??? Panic mode!!! :eek:

Ronron23

Jul 23, 2014
Rhiza17 said:
Thanks fkl & ronron23
So, i submit my application on the day my work permit expired even without the passport.
Yes, they gave me a work permit. Just received it by mail last friday. Sad to say the validity is only until june 2015 with remarks 4 year max, no further extension... It's true! 4 year duration is in effect... ??? Panic mode!!! :eek:
Thats good to hear@rhiza17...... Congrats!!!!!!!

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends. I am going to apply for low skilled temporary work permit from India. Can you please tell me if I need to show any funds ? if yes, how much do you think I need to show ? I have 5 lacs in Fixed desposit and around 1 lakh in my saving account. I do not have any property to show.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sttk said:
Dear fkl and all Senior members plz help,
my consultant told me i have to apply online he sent me all the farms and said complete it and send to me
i will apply from canada to CIC.regarding fingerprint he said when CIC will request than you will go to islamabad for fingerprint.is it ok or for the online application we need fingerprint before applying.plz reply me sooner if possible. many THANKS to all of YOU.
Your statement appears confusing. Applying online is not the same as "apply from Canada". You will go to isb for finger prints (although if you are close to lhr or khi, you could that there). So whether you apply online or on paper, your application will be processed by CIC islamabad and the processing time for that embassy will apply. Finger prints would come from the embassy when they need it. My knowledge about those is limited because it all started in Pakistan after i was done with processing.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Rhiza17 said:
Thanks fkl & ronron23
Sure so 4 year max existed already UNLESS you fall in exceptions as listed next to 4 year max mentioning (such as being NOC 0 or A or any of the others).

sidd_asif

Sep 16, 2014
So after 2 months of no updates, I have been asked to provide the AFP Police Clearance Certificate and Victorian Traffic History report. I have already got the Police clearance and am waiting for the traffic history report. I just had a few questions:

1. How long does it take to get the traffic history report from Vicroads?

2. As I have applied Online, do I need to mail the above mentioned documents to the processing office which is the Sydney consulate office (Australia) or is uploading the scanned copy of the documents enough and I carry the original with me when travelling to Canada?

3. How long does it usually take after they get these documents to process the work visa?

Hoping someone can help with these queries.

tseh

Dec 11, 2015
fkl said:
Yes i only mean additional documents i.e. a temp work permit application for you, Family information form and Schedule 1 form if applicable.

Then, temp work permit application form for your spouse (and choosing work permit type as open while leaving "prospective employer details by writing Not Applicable"), HER family information form and schedule 1 (if applicable)

For your dependent child, a temp resident visa application form, HER Family information form, Schedule 1 form (if applicable). If your child is 6+, then instead of trv form, apply for open study permit using the standard study permit application form and writing "Not applicable" in details of institute which gave you admission in Canada.

These details might vary based upon your visa office / country. But i hope you get the over all picture.

Lastly, you are the primary applicant and your spouse and child are dependents. This is indicated on top of both Family information form as well as schedule 1 form.
Hi,
I am in quite a similar situation, but the only difference is that I am applying for a student visa, with 2 dependents (my wife and my 1 year old son). My problem is that I get confused in all of this application process and need to ask you the following:

- Should I fill in form IMM 1294 (application for study permit made outside canada)
- What about form IMM 5713 (use of a family representative); is it a form we should fill in as well?
- I do not understand why the schedule 1 form does appear into optional document (in my section)...should I fill this form as well?

- I also got confused in the section called "proof of travel" in which I am asked to provide proofs such as return ticket or an appointment at a physician? Is it really required at the very beginning of the application? I have asked my sibling who has applied last year and she told me that she did not need such document to apply for her student visa.

Thank you very much in advance,
Any help is very appreciated,
Regards,
Tseh

tseh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi again:)
I got another question.

I have applied for a student visa but have 2 dependents (my wife and my 1yr old Son). My question is the following: Does my wife have to apply for a work permit straight away OR should I just put that she is a visitor and once in Canada only, she will be applying for a work visa.

Thank you in advance,
regards,
tseh

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
tseh said:
Hi,
I am in quite a similar situation, but the only difference is that I am applying for a student visa, with 2 dependents (my wife and my 1 year old son). My problem is that I get confused in all of this application process and need to ask you the following:

- Should I fill in form IMM 1294 (application for study permit made outside canada)
- What about form IMM 5713 (use of a family representative); is it a form we should fill in as well?
- I do not understand why the schedule 1 form does appear into optional document (in my section)...should I fill this form as well?

- I also got confused in the section called "proof of travel" in which I am asked to provide proofs such as return ticket or an appointment at a physician? Is it really required at the very beginning of the application? I have asked my sibling who has applied last year and she told me that she did not need such document to apply for her student visa.

Thank you very much in advance,
Any help is very appreciated,
Regards,
Tseh
Use of representative form is optional.
If you are applying for study permit 1294 is the form of course. Not sure what is confusing.
Yes you have to fill schedule 1. It probaby is included now anyway.
It's hard to say without knowing more about your situation. May be you tried filling form for your wife saying she will be visiting for a short stay less than 6 months some where in the questionnaire. If so this is wrong, she should be living with you for the length of your study permit. Not otherwise.

Your wifeedback can and should apply for work permit along with your study permit application. Probably you have applied trv instead already so you can apply work permit latter. But doing it this way was absolutely unnecessary and is prone to error.

If you put her as a visitor there is a high chance of refusal. Because a spouse doesn't go to visit. Her in tension is living with husband so whether she works or not her temp ressence applicant should at least be for resident trv indicatiNG more than 6 months. Which means she has to undergo medicals and takes the same time as work permit. But can have Healthcare in Canada and stays longer thaN 6 months

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Guys,

Please help me , I would like to apply closed work permit online but I am stuck at Determine your eligibility and apply page as whatever options I select for those answer it is taking me to either Temporary resident Visa or Open Work Permit ?

Can any one in the group help me to apply my closed work permit online ??

PLz Help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sagardarbar said:
Hello Guys,

Please help me , I would like to apply closed work permit online but I am stuck at Determine your eligibility and apply page as whatever options I select for those answer it is taking me to either Temporary resident Visa or Open Work Permit ?

Can any one in the group help me to apply my closed work permit online ??

PLz Help
Work permit type of "Other" is effectively closed work permit. There is no separate type. When it asks for employer information and location, that clarifies that it is indeed closed work permit application by default

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I am applying for work permit.

Can you guys please guide as how to fill the forms post logging into my CIC account?

Is there any limit for the number of documents to upload ?

Does all the documents need to be in pdf ?

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Guys,
When you apply for the workpermit online; is there option that you can apply for your family members too i.e. dependents at the same time in the same application?

Reactions: Catpaws14