+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for Work Permit

Lara06

Oct 13, 2013
fkl said:
If you can avoid showing that you are not employed any more, it most certainly would be better. Just submit your bank statement from September and pay slip and apply with in this month. That will appear in a way that you submitted the most recent pay slips.

In my experience it is very risky to quote a DIFFERENT type of job that you are currently doing vs the type you have applied for on a visa. They would like to think you are flawless in the domain you have applied for Canada and should be doing good in that in your home country. I have known people with similar stuff and resulting in getting refusals with statements like "VO was not satisfied you meet the qualifications required for the job advertised".

You should just apply right away without any reference to any call center job
Thank you, fkl. I did consider finding a way to avoid showing that I am no longer employed. However, my employment reference letter will show that my contract ended already on September 30, 2013. My other option is that, I will apply as my grandmother's caregiver. As the doctor said after her last hospital admission she needs a personal caregiver at home. I just need to find a way a way how to certify it. And I am not sure if it is okay if i will be employed in our own house.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I am glad i could be of help. I hope patience gets you through. Just keep one thing in mind that every now and then (perhaps once a month) sending a reminder email to CIC asking for status would help. I have seen cases in which some one applied, didn't hear from CIC for say 5 months, didn't try communicating themselves at all as well. Then when they emailed, CIC responded that their application has been refused because they didn't respond to CIC's email (for medical or for some additional docs, whatever). Some how that email was missed presumably and CIC doesn't give people a chance to prove that. So just stay cautious on that.

The processing centers vary from country to country. For e.g. in Pakistan all permanent resident visa applications (FSW's, PNPs etc. are processed via London office or something. I am not sure what is the case in India. But as a general rule all temp resident visa types (work permits, study permits and visit visas) are processed together at one location among which study visa has the highest priority, then visit visa and finally comes work permit. I have seen work permits getting dramatically slow response when study admission are at their peaks e.g. between april and august for the sept intake session each year.

Also there are at least some parts of processing which might be done centrally in Canada. These are just speculations based upon some individual experiences where some occasional info explained some steps in the visa processing. Otherwise officially speaking CIC hasn't explained any of these things formally.

Lastly, work permits were specially affected since the period around march-april this year. There were several reasons other than PAFSCO strike i.e. temp work permit reforms implemented in April (they cancelled accelerated LMO's, revoked the 15% leverage employers had to pay a foreign work permit holder slightly less than a Canadian equivalent, tightened some other policies etc.). One major issue in news those days was the hype of Royal bank of Canada where they tried replacing some 45 jobs held by Canadians with temp foreign workers. So Canadians in general started viewing twp as a means to steal their jobs. This was not just an opinion. This kind of response was sent to my employer via MP office in Ottawa from CIC some time in june that "viewing the current criticism in media regarding twp stealing canadian jobs, the process is subject to more scrutiny and hence more time"

So you can imagine work permits to be under some special delay in those times. Still things have gotten much better now. I have seen at least 2-3 work permits in Pakistan being approved with in 2 months or so (from the time of application to CIC till receiving stamped passports back) since july. So hopefully the back log due to PAFSCO strike is the only cause now and other hurdles are fixed.

All the very best.

foruaks said:
Thanks fkl for your valuable information. Looking at it, I now feel that it makes sense to be patient and wait for my turn. There are lot others on the New Delhi thread who too are waiting. Infact, it seemed at one point of time that paper applications were getting proper responses and also were getting processed. In some cases, the Chandigarh Embassy which always used to be slow, suddenly took pace and started processing visa. Just for my knowledge sake, do they process FSW, PNP and WP visas at the same time or there are different officers to process different types of visas? The reason I ask you is because, I could see lots of FSW applicants getting Visas after the strike, while the WP applicants thread seem to be stale. But anyways, thanks for your help and insight on the process. This is a tough time for everyone like me who are waiting for Visas and have resigned from their earlier organizations under the hope of working in Canada.

As for your earlier question, my lawyer applied for my Work Permit. I didn't do it myself. And yes, he did submitted the "Use of representative" form along with the application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Lara06 said:
Thank you, fkl. I did consider finding a way to avoid showing that I am no longer employed. However, my employment reference letter will show that my contract ended already on September 30, 2013. My other option is that, I will apply as my grandmother's caregiver. As the doctor said after her last hospital admission she needs a personal caregiver at home. I just need to find a way a way how to certify it. And I am not sure if it is okay if i will be employed in our own house.
You are most welcome. Using the personal caregiver at home might be an option though i don't know how that applies. One more thing i am mentioning that might help.

In my case (as well as at least 4-5 other successful work permits that i know personally), we NEVER submitted the most recent employment reference letter. The reason is pretty obvious in our country i.e. you don't tell your current employer UNTIL you actually have gotten visa since it would go negative against you then.

But caution, all of us have had at least 5+ years of experience in the very area we are apply for work permits and had several past jobs and experience letters to show the same. In case of most recent job, i submitted the offer letter (from the most recent employer) dated almost a year and a half back and submitted last month's pay slip (which is also complimented by the bank statement). Together both these serve as proof that i am currently employed in the same domain while me not having to submit experience letter from the last employer. But i submitted 3 previous ones along too. Also all of my friends going through this process did the same.

Just saying may be you could use the above strategy though i don't know if things change in case of live in caregivers. In my case i am in IT and NOC skill level B.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Hi guys, this is my case and I hope you can share with me as well some valuable advice in what to do.

I am currently here in Canada with my current job. I am waiting for my new LMO as I have found a new job with skilled category. My wife is currently in the Middle East and I have found a job for her as well. She is also in the process of waiting for her LMO. My question is, if in case my LMO comes first, when I apply for my new WP can I apply at the same time for my wife as SOWP here in Canada? Another case is that one of my friend had suggested that if my new LMO and WP have been processed first prior to my wife's LMO, she can directly apply for SOWP in Abu Dhabi attaching her job offer from her employer but no need for an LMO.

Appreciate your reply guys.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Maling said:
Hi guys, this is my case and I hope you can share with me as well some valuable advice in what to do.

I am currently here in Canada with my current job. I am waiting for my new LMO as I have found a new job with skilled category. My wife is currently in the Middle East and I have found a job for her as well. She is also in the process of waiting for her LMO. My question is, if in case my LMO comes first, when I apply for my new WP can I apply at the same time for my wife as SOWP here in Canada? Another case is that one of my friend had suggested that if my new LMO and WP have been processed first prior to my wife's LMO, she can directly apply for SOWP in Abu Dhabi attaching her job offer from her employer but no need for an LMO.

Appreciate your reply guys.
If your NOC category is any of skilled level 0, A or B, yes your spouse can directly apply for SOWP in Abu Dhabi. You will have to provide her a copy of your details i.e. previous work permit and evidence of current work permit application etc, LMO what ever you have at that time.

You cannot apply for her from inside Canada as her current residence is in Abu Dhabi. Even if you apply online for her, the application will be processed at Abu Dhabi and the processing times from that embassy would apply.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Thanks fkl for your reply. So even if I apply her sowp thru online witihn Canada at the same time with my application, it would still be processed separately in abu dhabi. But is it ok if we do the application same time or my new work permit should be approved first? Bec my current work permit is still not in the skilled level.

Also, I understand that proof of funds is required for her. Would you know how much is required as funds?

Thanks again

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Maling said:
Thanks fkl for your reply. So even if I apply her sowp thru online witihn Canada at the same time with my application, it would still be processed separately in abu dhabi. But is it ok if we do the application same time or my new work permit should be approved first? Bec my current work permit is still not in the skilled level.

Also, I understand that proof of funds is required for her. Would you know how much is required as funds?

Thanks again
You are most welcome. Yeah it will still be processed in Abu Dhabi. The visa office to process is not decided based upon being online or physical. Rather it is chosen based upon your current place of residence as indicated in the form. Although it is possible (and CIC stated this on their website) that they might transfer / offload an application to another visa office to accommodate back logs or for other reasons. However, that would be treated as an exception and not the norm. Also it is transparent to the applicant and CIC certainly would not do it so that you can get your application processed faster.

The processing times for applications submitted inside canada are the fastest as compared to the rest of the world. Also they show far more updated info on the website i.e. they show which applications they are currently processing i.e. based upon date of submission. None of this is displayed for any other visa office across the globe. So if they start doing all online ones in Canada, no one would submit application in their home embassy.

You have to wait for your own new work permit OR you can apply for both at the same time. Your previous work permit is not useful because it is not skilled and you are not allowed to apply for SOWP on that. However, it is okay to apply for both together. Just make sure the SWOP has references to the Primary application of Skilled twp.

There is no proof of funds requirement. Your new skilled job should be providing salary adequate to support a family. In any area of the forms where you have to quote available funds, it is okay to quote your annual salary offered in Canada in the new work permit. However, any amount of available funds would help in my opinion. Also if she has been working in UAE or any where else in the past, submitting experience letters, bank statements and salary slips showing proof of income earned would help.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Thanks a lot friend. That was really a very helpful advice.

All the best! :)

xavie07

Sep 25, 2013
Hi bro,
Im just wondering if i need to get a police clearance when applying online? My checklist has no police certificate requirement but if i will apply by courrier/papers they will ask for it. I am a citizen of the Philippines and currently working in Denmark. Do the cic canada will take the responsibility of finding out my police record in this 2 countries? Or do i really need to get a police clearance and have it scanned because they might request it after reviewing everything? Thank allot

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xavie07 said:
Hi bro,
Im just wondering if i need to get a police clearance when applying online? My checklist has no police certificate requirement but if i will apply by courrier/papers they will ask for it. I am a citizen of the Philippines and currently working in Denmark. Do the cic canada will take the responsibility of finding out my police record in this 2 countries? Or do i really need to get a police clearance and have it scanned because they might request it after reviewing everything? Thank allot
Hi xavie07,

Requirement of police clearance doesn't change whether you are applying online or on paper. However, it depends upon visa office where you are submitting your application. I am not really sure about Philippines, but if they require it (like my country does), you have to submit it in both cases whether you are applying online or on paper.

However, with on paper application, you will have to submit the original police records. For online, scanned copies would do.

Lastly, police records are required from all places you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18. So you have to submit a police record from Denmark as well as from Philippines.

ginger_bread

Oct 18, 2013
hello everyone,

i wanna work in canada..im applying online for their job opening.But usually i am rejected
due to the reason that i am not residing in canada or i dont have a working permit.

can anyone help me what to do first to apply for work in Canada.
What should i do first.

thanks

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Hi all,
Need your help any body apply online for work permit extension? with spouse owp?
can any one tell me what happens next after receiving confirmation of application received by cic?

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Nobody have any experience????

benny87

Oct 21, 2013
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me please.

When lodging a digital application with a digital application, how many photos are we suppose to supply and also whether we need to scan them with them signed on the back??? When I look up what needs to be done it send me to a site that just explains the size regulations and also says that I am required to provide two (2) photographs. Then in the document checklist it says that I am required to provide two (2) photos and on the back of them write my name and date of birth. Why does the upload page not mention anything about the amount of images required? or whether they need to be signed on the back?

This seems very confusing....

Can someone please clarify this for me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Benny

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
benny87 said:
Hey guys wondering if someone can help me please.

When lodging a digital application with a digital application, how many photos are we suppose to supply and also whether we need to scan them with them signed on the back??? When I look up what needs to be done it send me to a site that just explains the size regulations and also says that I am required to provide two (2) photographs. Then in the document checklist it says that I am required to provide two (2) photos and on the back of them write my name and date of birth. Why does the upload page not mention anything about the amount of images required? or whether they need to be signed on the back?

This seems very confusing....

Can someone please clarify this for me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Benny
That's funny. The soft copies / scans of pics are never counted in numbers. Any one can get as many as they want. Besides, unless you do a separate scan of the back of the image, for which there is no room apparently, i guess there is no way to have dob, name and signature on the back of a scanned page.

All of those instructions apply to those submitting paper based application.