Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
sol_sol said:
Hello everyone. I submitted my application online (Temporary Worker with an LMO) on 9 August 2013.
Apart from receiving an acknowledgement shortly after the submission, I haven't heard from CIC at all.
It's been 5 months but I haven't even been asked to go for a medical exam (I may not need it but not sure).
The application status remains open and it seems the process for my application hasn't even started.

I wanted to know the timeline of your application if you applied more or less the same time.
My visa office is Malina (but I am not from the Philippines). If your office is also Manila, it will help a lot. Thanks!

Hi sol, how did u know that the your visa office is Manila?

sol_sol

Jan 20, 2014
Manila office is responsible for applications from several countries.
I cannot post a link here but their website lists which countries they are responsible for.

pinkulotz

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE (RIYADH)
NOC Code......
6474 - LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
Doc's Request.
02-04-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2014
LANDED..........
14-07-2014
I've tried to used the online wizard again and it leads me to this personal checklist:

*Application Form(s)
-Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295)
*Supporting Documents
-Family Information (IMM5645)
-CV/Resume
-Education Diplomas/Degrees
-Passport or Travel document
-Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC
-Letter from Current Employer
-Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being -Offered
-LCP Employer - Proof of Financial Means
-Employment Reference Letter
-Offer of Employment
-REQUEST FOR MEDICAL EXAM
-Employment Contract
-Digital Photo

This checklist is quite the same with my first checklist except of the REQUEST FOR MEDICAL EXAM. Under this is a link that made me download a pdf form... and this is what is written in the form..

REQUEST FOR MEDICAL

EXAM DETERMINE IF YOU NEED A MEDICAL EXAM

If you are visiting Canada for six months or less:
• You usually do not need a medical exam.
• You do need one if you plan to work in a job where public health must be protected.

See a list of Jobs for which you need a medical exam

If you are visiting for more than six months:

You will need a medical exam if you:
• have lived or stayed for six or more months in a row in one of these country or territory where you do not need a visa to enter Canada.
• are coming to Canada to work in a job where public health must be protected. See a list of jobs for which you need a medical exam
• are applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa .

JOBS FOR WHICH YOU NEED A MEDICAL EXAM

-have lived or stayed for six or more months in a row in one of these country or territory in the one year before you come to Canada. This is true even if you are a citizen of a country .

Some temporary foreign workers will need to have a medical exam. This depends on the job you plan to do in Canada. Below are examples of such jobs. This list does not include every possible job.
1. Jobs that bring you into close contact with people at risk, such as:
• workers in health sciences
• clinical laboratory workers
• people who attend to patients in nursing and geriatric homes
• medical students going to university in Canada
• medical electives and doctors doing short-term assignments
• teachers
• domestics
• workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
• daycare workers

2. Farm workers from one of these countries or territories . If you are not sure if you need a medical exam, please contact the visa or immigration office

PLAN YOUR MEDICAL EXAM

If you are still not sure if you need a medical exam, check with a visa office If you do need a medical exam, your visa office where you applied, or will apply. near you. will give you instructions and a form with your file number before you see a panel physician. Your own doctor cannot do the medical exam. You must see a doctor on Canada's list of Panel Physicians.

Do you need a medical exam?
□Yes, I want to complete a medical exam
□No

*Anyone who is familiar with this REQUEST FOR MEDICAL EXAM FORM?
-since it is included in the personal checklist it means that i need to fill it up and submit in the complete application package.
-and i guess i must answer: YES, I WANT TO COMPLETE A MEDICAL EXAM.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
Hi,
I have a open work permit in Canada and I am planning to apply for spouse open work permit for my spouse, who is in India now. She does not have TRV.
I guess she can apply online, please confirm. I could not find any official information supporting this so I am a bit confused.
I have seen many post here who says online application is faster. Even if it takes same time as manual I am fine, but it should not be late.
Also for the application, can she get medical test done before applying or she shall have to do it later after she receives the request for medical test?

Thank you
Abhi

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ashek1520 said:
Hi,
I have a open work permit in Canada and I am planning to apply for spouse open work permit for my spouse, who is in India now. She does not have TRV.
I guess she can apply online, please confirm. I could not find any official information supporting this so I am a bit confused.
I have seen many post here who says online application is faster. Even if it takes same time as manual I am fine, but it should not be late.
Also for the application, can she get medical test done before applying or she shall have to do it later after she receives the request for medical test?

Thank you
Abhi
She can definitely apply online and usually you can do medical upfront if you want to. Even in case of some embassies, people are required to do medical in advance. I am not sure if that is the case in India.

Online application might be a bit faster since it skips the step of embassy personnel scanning your docs and creating your file online. However, please understand that most likely the application is still processed by the same embassy. In any case, it doesn't slow down the process in any way.

Immhelpca

Sep 12, 2013
fkl said:
In general online application is definitely faster since it skips the manual scan and upload of your entire file by staff at your relevant embassy. Moreover, you get to keep all original docs with you including passport. Only passport is required when your case is approved.

Lastly, i can certainly say paper based applications can take way too longer to be returned for being incomplete. Things would be better if you apply in land, but in my country, my application was returned unprocessed twice.

First time it took them more than a month to respond since submission AND ONLY WHEN I EMAILED AND GAVE ALL MY DETAILS, my application was returned citing the reason for being incomplete.

The second time it took 15 days to return.

Ironically, each time it was not any mistake to fulfill requirements on my part. Rather, they have officially stated in the checklist that they didn't require some docs, but they actually did and used that as a reason to return application. Then the second time, they asked for the wrong form.

It was finally submitted in the 3rd time correctly but wasted my roughly 2 months.

There is far less chance of this happening in online app i.e. a lot of requirements are verified and accepted as part of the submission and only some document which was determined to be required manually at some point latter, can be asked for, instead of refusing the entire application.

Moral of the story, if you can - do apply online, no matter if you are applying from any where in the world.

Hope that helps.
Hi sir,
I am going to apply for work permit but i am in very critical situation. I dont have enough time to go for ielts to fulfill my language requirements.

I would appreciate if you can clear these doubts:

1: do ielts is necessary for WP application, do i have any other alternative. Some people suggested me for CELPIP.
2: What kind of supportng documents i need from my current employer?
3: What kind of personnal supporting documents i need for WP application?

I already got my LMO approval, Job approval letter and Employment agreement from employer. Do i need any thing else from canadian employer. I appreciate your help.
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Immhelpca said:
Hi sir,
I am going to apply for work permit but i am in very critical situation. I dont have enough time to go for ielts to fulfill my language requirements.

I would appreciate if you can clear these doubts:

1: do ielts is necessary for WP application, do i have any other alternative. Some people suggested me for CELPIP.
2: What kind of supportng documents i need from my current employer?
3: What kind of personnal supporting documents i need for WP application?

I already got my LMO approval, Job approval letter and Employment agreement from employer. Do i need any thing else from canadian employer. I appreciate your help.
Thanks
1. It depends upon your profile and type of job you are going for. I have seen people going for cook jobs being asked to submit IELTS / proof of language proficiency by the Embassy. There is officially no such requirement for work permit. I personally was never advised any such thing, nor have i taken any such exam in my life - ever. But yes, i have formal 16 years of technical education, some 7-8 years experience working in my industry for US based companies being their direct employee in my home country. It would be kind of funny to ask for english proficiency after seeing my resume.

To cut it short, i got it without that. Not just myself, but my wife too as well as school going kids.

So see what your NOC code is. If it is a skilled job and your education compliments it, just ignore the thought.

2. I assume by "current employer" you mean employer in home country where you are presently working. You just need proof that you are working there at the moment and what the nature of job is.
Probably it is hard for people to get an experience letter while working some where since they have to tell them that you intend to leave. To avoid this situation, it is a good idea to submit the offer letter from current job + last month's salary slip. These two things show the nature of job, your compensation and prove that you are still working there.

3. Personal supporting docs really depend upon your job profile again. But in general, proof of your qualifications like university degrees etc., experience letters from past jobs if any, pay slips and bank statements showing 'your earning power' i.e. your salary being transferred regularly (as opposed to amount of funds as with student visas), relevant certifications if any, LMO, job offer and contract. Depending upon which country you are from, Police Clearance certificate.

P.S. Public forum is more useful than personal message (to which i replied as well) since others can read the info latter too, apart from just you.

Nicolle

Jan 23, 2014
Need help again guys!!!

I am applying work permit online but my problem is when im in application form, i can't open the form, it requires latest adobe reader, but my adobe is the latest version!! Anyone experience this. Please help me!!

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Nicolle said:
Need help again guys!!!

I am applying work permit online but my problem is when im in application form, i can't open the form, it requires latest adobe reader, but my adobe is the latest version!! Anyone experience this. Please help me!!

Thank you
It should be Adobe 9 or higher. Please make sure you are using the same for actually opening the document. Often the default application to open a document is still an older version of adobe previously installed or some default pdf editor in Linux for example.

kk90

Jan 27, 2014
HELP, please!

I applied for my IEC Working Holiday and received my Letter of Acceptance. Then registered to MyCIC and followed all the instructions for the Work Permit and uploaded nearly all required documentation (but had to upload in JPG as PDF was 'invalid') however the only document I have left to upload is my IMM1215E1 and I have filled it out as required and validated it, but it will not upload at all. It keeps saying "Error : Invalid PDF".

I have tried multiple changes and still no luck, someone please say you can help and advise me! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

meganplanck1

Jan 10, 2014
I need help!!
Currently here under IEC applying for another temp work permit I have an employer declaration form but no LMO I work for a bank does this count as a professional job which is LMO exempt or not :-[

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
meganplanck1 said:
I need help!!
Currently here under IEC applying for another temp work permit I have an employer declaration form but no LMO I work for a bank does this count as a professional job which is LMO exempt or not :-[
My knowledge is very limited with regards to IEC. But i seriously doubt that a banker's job is LMO exempted in any way. NOC A is for professional jobs in general and very few are LMO exempts.

Some of the ones i know for sure are say those Doing Post Doc etc.

UPDATE:
You should take a look at this list http://www.canadavisa.com/international-experience-canada-program.html
If your period for IEC is already through, then basically you are not eligible to apply under IEC any more

ben apolo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Nov, 2013
Med's Request
Jan 15, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 23, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 19, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 12, 2014
Good Day,

I'm back where I am belong then.

I have just received an hour ago my POE Introduction letter from MyCIC. Feb. 20, 2014.
Visa/permit valid till 2016/02/12.

My Visa is approved in less than 3 months. Wow. Thanks God.

God is so Good.

God Bless.

jgelbolingo

Sep 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-April-2013 - NBI submitted
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014
ben apolo said:
Good Day,

I have just received an hour ago my POE Introduction letter from MyCIC. Feb. 20, 2014.

God is so Good.

God Bless.
[/quote

Hi Ben Apolo

Are you from the Philippines? Did you submit a work permit application for a job that is exempt of LMO or a high skilled job?

I am from the Philippines. My employer is really in need if me asap. I submit my appliction online last Jan 27, 2014. With my job offer, contract from employer and approval letter from trade office alberta government. Thats good that your application is approved less than 3 months. Kindly tell me some info or idea

thanks
Chris

jgelbolingo

Sep 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-April-2013 - NBI submitted
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014
ben apolo said:
Good Day,

God is so Good.

God Bless.

Hi Ben Apolo

Are you from the Philippines? Did you submit a work permit application for a job that is exempt of LMO or a high skilled job?

I am from the Philippines. My employer is really in need if me asap. I submit my appliction online last Jan 27, 2014. With my job offer, contract from employer and approval letter from trade office alberta government. Thats good that your application is approved less than 3 months. Kindly tell me some info or idea

thanks
Chris