+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application for CSQ -PEQ through Arrima

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi All, my wife and I applied for CSQ in Oct 2020 and got it in Dec 2020. We sent our Federal applications way back then.
Today we both got an email from the MIFI congratulating us on passing the values test. The certificate is attached and has the correct date of Oct 20, 2020 when we actually took the test. The email is:
From - nepasrepondre@mifi.gouv.qc.ca
Subject - Attestation d'apprentissage des valeurs démocratiques et des valeurs québécoises
Message - Bonjour,

Félicitations! Vous avez réussi votre évaluation. Votre attestation
d’apprentissage des valeurs démocratiques et des valeurs québécoises
exprimées par la Charte des droits et libertés de la personne sera
automatiquement inscrite dans votre demande de sélection permanente.
Veuillez noter que votre attestation a une durée de validité de deux ans.
Vous trouvez votre attestation en pièce jointe. Nous vous suggérons
d’enregistrer une copie de votre attestation d’apprentissage des
valeurs et de la conserver avec vos documents personnels.

Meilleures salutations,

Le ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration

I am not sure what to make of it. It looks just like a glitch in the system but was wondering if anyone else has received such email.

Thanks,
Rajat

ex4edge

Feb 27, 2018
Hi All, my wife and I applied for CSQ in Oct 2020 and got it in Dec 2020. We sent our Federal applications way back then.
Today we both got an email from the MIFI congratulating us on passing the values test. The certificate is attached and has the correct date of Oct 20, 2020 when we actually took the test. The email is:
Subject - Attestation d'apprentissage des valeurs démocratiques et des valeurs québécoises
Message - Bonjour,

Meilleures salutations,

I am not sure what to make of it. It looks just like a glitch in the system but was wondering if anyone else has received such email.

Thanks,
Rajat

Hello,
That may just be a glitch. I also received it today. But my CSQ was approved yesterday.

Last edited:

ex4edge

Feb 27, 2018
Message - Bonjour,

Meilleures salutations,

Thanks,
Rajat
I also have a couple of questions:
Did you apply for PEQ or Regular ?
Did you take PCC from last 10 yrs only or all after age 18?
How were you Biometric exempt? Have you taken it in the past? Is it once they ask or we can do it upfront?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I also have a couple of questions:
Did you apply for PEQ or Regular ?
Did you take PCC from last 10 yrs only or all after age 18?
How were you Biometric exempt? Have you taken it in the past? Is it once they ask or we can do it upfront?
I applied for Regular.
I haven't done the PCC yet as they would have expired before my file was picked. I will get them done in the next month or so. I will look back only for last 10 years however that is inconsequential as prior to that I did not live in any country other than my home country for over 6 months.
Based on this tool I determined that my Biometrics are valid till 2029 and I do not need to give them again. I gave them when I applied for my work visa. It used to be that for PR you had to give Biometrics again but that changed with pandemic. If they ask me again I would happily do it :). I do not think you can do it upfront though.

Thanks,
Rajat

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi, I am still waiting for my police certificate (from my country). It's ok to upload later but I am more comfortable submitting it all together. How about you?
Yes I'm waiting for police certificates too USA and Uzbekistan. I do hope our online applications are gonna get to security check status faster, since if it will be more than a year until they get there we need to resubmit police certificates.

How are you uploading the photos? Just digital? or are you printing photo and scan it? cuz I saw that we need to upload backside too.

Anna_2

Jun 23, 2021
Yes I'm waiting for police certificates too USA and Uzbekistan. I do hope our online applications are gonna get to security check status faster, since if it will be more than a year until they get there we need to resubmit police certificates.

How are you uploading the photos? Just digital? or are you printing photo and scan it? cuz I saw that we need to upload backside too.
I am also waiting for mines,UK and France

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019

I think the online application is faster because there will be no mailing delays and file digitization phase. (not sure if we need to resubmit the police certificate after a year? )
I scanned my front and back photos together and saved as PDF.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I think the online application is faster because there will be no mailing delays and file digitization phase. (not sure if we need to resubmit the police certificate after a year? )
I scanned my front and back photos together and saved as PDF.
Yes i think since its a first time they do online they gonna make sure applications are going well and fast, cuz main aim of making it online is processing speed.

Yes i did scan of photos too, also attached digital one 420x540px. But as i understand they gonna request another photos for PR card, which is separate thing.

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Yes i think since its a first time they do online they gonna make sure applications are going well and fast, cuz main aim of making it online is processing speed.

Yes i did scan of photos too, also attached digital one 420x540px. But as i understand they gonna request another photos for PR card, which is separate thing.
Do we need to attach the original digital photo file?

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Do we need to attach the original digital photo file?
Not 100% sure but this is what they listed in requirements, i'm attaching it just in case:

• Photos:The back of one (1) photo must contain the following and must be uploaded.
    • bear the date the photo was taken;
    • bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio;
    • The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information.
  • Please visit the guide(opens in a new browser tab) for permanent resident photos for more information.
  • Accepted file types: Only PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, DOC, and DOCX are accepted.
  • Accepted file size: File size should be 4mb maximum and photos should be 420x540 pixels minimum.
  • Select your document type and upload.