+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application for CSQ -PEQ through Arrima

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi everyone, a couple of questions,
1. What is the average wait time once the CSQ has been issued.
2. I am currently on a PGWP (work permit), what if the work permit expires before the PR has been issued? Can I extend my work permit, if so, how long would be this extension?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando

This is great news as we don't need to apply for a closed work permit in case our PGWP expires while waiting for PR:

http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20210806.html?fbclid=IwAR32raKVp8h4RDKfYGCN5AHT2bSXwxfqPikJyZgECt0UHAuaJKyYfPqM970

Permis de travail ouvert transitoire
À la demande du Québec, le gouvernement fédéral a accepté de mettre en place, le 31 août prochain, une mesure qui permettra à certains travailleurs étrangers temporaires qui séjournent au Québec d’y occuper un emploi de leur choix en attendant l’obtention de leur résidence permanente. Pour pouvoir bénéficier du permis de travail ouvert transitoire, ces travailleurs devront détenir un CSQ dans la catégorie des travailleurs qualifiés et avoir reçu un accusé de réception régulier de leur demande de résidence permanente de la part du gouvernement fédéral.

Permis de travail ouvert transitoire (PTOT)
Les travailleuses et travailleurs étrangers temporaires au Québec qui ont présenté une demande de résidence permanente dans la catégorie des travailleurs qualifiés du Québec pourront obtenir un PTOT selon les modalités suivantes :

• Pour obtenir le PTOT, la travailleuse ou le travailleur devra présenter l’accusé de réception régulier de sa demande de résidence permanente.
  • Le permis de travail sera d’une durée initiale de 24 mois et pourrait être renouvelé pour une période supplémentaire de 12 mois. Il comportera une restriction pour que le lieu d’emploi reste au Québec.
La conjointe ou le conjoint pourra obtenir un permis de travail ouvert, et ce, peu importe le niveau de l’emploi occupé par la personne requérante principale.

(English version)

Agreements between Québec and Ottawa to facilitate the arrival and hiring of temporary foreign workers in Québec

Following agreements made between the Québec government and the federal government, the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration has announced three measures to promote the hiring of foreign temporary workers.

At the request of the Québec government, the Government of Canada will be easing measures for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), in particular, by increasing the limit on the number of temporary workers for each place of employment in certain activity sectors. All of the measures to ease the TFWP will be in effect until December 31, 2023.

As of the end of August, temporary foreign workers who hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) as skilled workers, who have submitted an application for permanent residence, will be able to apply to the federal government for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). This work permit will allow these workers to hold a job of their choice while waiting to obtain their permanent residence.

Lastly, a new channel will be created under the International Mobility Program Plus (IMP+) to allow 7000 work permits to be issued to individuals who hold a CSQ, who are still abroad and who have submitted an application for permanent residence. The IMP+ will speed up the arrival of these workers in order for them to hold a job. This will help meet Québec’s labour needs in key sectors of the economy.

For more details about these measures, consult the press release published today.

Last edited:

mehrshin

May 2, 2019
Hi all
I got an invitation from arrima 4 days ago
I filled out mon projet and payed the fee.
But still waiting for the documents checklist and link to the attestation de valeur to be sent to me. How long does it take?

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Here is my timeline:
1. June 10 2021 - Submitted Arrima interest with VJO Inland
2. June 17 2021 - Invitation to apply
3. June 18 2021 - Applied online form in Arrima
4. June 20 2021 - Payment request
5. June 29 2021 - Payment Confirmation (sent by mail that's why it took 9 days to confirm)
6. June 29 2021 - Invitation to Values test and List of documents required for CSQ
7. June 30 2021 - Passed Values Test
8. August 16 2021 - Collected and Mailed all CSQ related forms.
9. August 18 2021 - Got message on Mon Project documents received and changes status processing

Reactions: piyushpth

Anna_2

Jun 23, 2021
Hello Anna :) congrats, are you applying inside canada? how long it took? I just sent my csq docs.
Hi thanks,

from outside
it took me with arrima less than two months knowing that I have made an error, I should hand sign the documents so they asked me to sign and load again
all within two months

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi thanks,

from outside
it took me with arrima less than two months knowing that I have made an error, I should hand sign the documents so they asked me to sign and load again
all within two months
Amazing ! As i understand you applied to Federal via new Online portal right? Let us know if you have any news, or AOR :) Good luck

Reactions: Anna_2

Anna_2

Jun 23, 2021
Amazing ! As i understand you applied to Federal via new Online portal right? Let us know if you have any news, or AOR :) Good luck
Thanks, I have applayed as a graduated studend from Quebec before December 2020 (that is why I can be outside and apply)
I have got my CSQ and I will applay for a permanent residence now

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Thanks, I have applayed as a graduated studend from Quebec before December 2020 (that is why I can be outside and apply)
I have got my CSQ and I will applay for a permanent residence now
Nice, actually i just got my CSQ approved, applied on August 18 2021 and go it right now. I'm gonna go with online too.