OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy64 said:
Hello Eagle
I did Reassessment For Medical by 10th of November 2015.I am still waiting for ARC approval for three months.
Congrat. Jimmy64 for your re-med. Hopefully they issue your visa soon.

Jamesliam15

Nov 2, 2015
Hi There,

Would you mind giving me your thoughts on something I posted in the uk section,

I got a DM (on first page) on 31st October, sadly no fourth line to say ''decision has been made'' (on second page) I'm currently in Canada but my application is the London office, I called Ottawa today hoping they could tell me if I've got PR or not, the call center agent told me she couldn't tell me anything as the application is in London and furthermore Decision made could mean a decision has been made on one part of the application and not all yet! (?) I was quick to tell her my main page reads Decision made very clearly, she also said are ''no time frames in which correspondence and COPR documents are sent out, her words were ''expect it when you see it'',
so all in all a frustrating call - which got me nowhere, any thoughts?

Many thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesliam15 said:
Hi There,

Would you mind giving me your thoughts on something I posted in the uk section,

I got a DM (on first page) on 31st October, sadly no fourth line to say ''decision has been made'' (on second page) I'm currently in Canada but my application is the London office, I called Ottawa today hoping they could tell me if I've got PR or not, the call center agent told me she couldn't tell me anything as the application is in London and furthermore Decision made could mean a decision has been made on one part of the application and not all yet! (?) I was quick to tell her my main page reads Decision made very clearly, she also said are ''no time frames in which correspondence and COPR documents are sent out, her words were ''expect it when you see it'',
so all in all a frustrating call - which got me nowhere, any thoughts?

Many thanks
Good things come to those who learn how to wait. I gave you all the best answers I could, however; your frustrations begin to stress me. Remember that I am not an immigration officer and it is hard for me to tell you exactly what you want to hear in order to cool down. Maybe you can try other forum members who might help.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
hi EAGLE 333
you are doing a good job by helping peoples. I sponsor my parents and sister in 2010 and cic transferred my file to new delhi visa office for further processing, delhi visa office sent me a request for medical and other additional documents on 1st sept 2015 and they start processing on 31st of August 2015 as per Ecas. how long it take more to expect for a passport request. your help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Jamesliam15

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Eagel333

Firstly, the last thing I wish to do is "stress" you secondly, I did however asked you a question regarding a phone conversation with the CIC call centre today, you kindly gave me your opinion on my subject matter last week, for which I am greatful, I'm sure you understand the "stress" and fustrations involved with is whole process,

Kind regards

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
zislam500 said:
Hi Eagle333,

I have something to be clear about.
I sent the spouse sponsorship application to Mississauga in first week of February 2015.

1. I included a letter from my employer that I am a full time employee and my term will end on April 14, 2015
2. I got SA approved on April 14 and they sent the application to Singapore on April 20, 2015

3. In April I got permanent with the same employer.
4. I visited my wife for two months (July, August 2015)
5. My wife, I and my parents visited a foreign country for four days in the last week of August 2015
6. In first week of September 2015, I quit my job and took an admission for PhD with funding and have come back to Canada

As I mentioned earlier, the PA section of ecas shows:

We received your application on April 19, 2015
We started processing your application on April 27, 2015
Medical results have been received

I saw that ecase changed to 'in process' on September 1, 2015.

My question is, I have not updated CIC with what happened in 3-6 listed above thinking that since our application was in process and it was close to end and updating CIC SVO with 3-6 incidents will unnecessarily linger the process. But now seeing that it has been more than two months since we got in process and received no update after that, I am getting worried especially seeing couple of people on forum being in interview list after their ecas went to in process.

Should I update CIC with 3-6?

I ordered GCMS 10 days ago. Just after applying I got an email. It was mentioned that I will be given a tracking number but in these 10 days I have not received anything so far. Is that normal?

Thank you very much and sorry for the long message.
Hi Eagle333,

Just now I received interview letter from SVO. So frustrating. Do you think there is any chance of getting TRV?

Thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zislam500 said:
Hi Eagle333,

Just now I received interview letter from SVO. So frustrating. Do you think there is any chance of getting TRV?

Thanks
zislam500,

Those reasons in your previous message were not the cause of this interview. It is hard sometimes to get TRV when they are processing application especially they know there is an interview coming. You can always try to see how it will go.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakha said:
hi EAGLE 333
you are doing a good job by helping peoples. I sponsor my parents and sister in 2010 and cic transferred my file to new delhi visa office for further processing, delhi visa office sent me a request for medical and other additional documents on 1st sept 2015 and they start processing on 31st of August 2015 as per Ecas. how long it take more to expect for a passport request. your help is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi lakha,

If everything goes well you might expect to get PPR around January - February 2016.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesliam15 said:
Hi Eagel333

Firstly, the last thing I wish to do is "stress" you secondly, I did however asked you a question regarding a phone conversation with the CIC call centre today, you kindly gave me your opinion on my subject matter last week, for which I am greatful, I'm sure you understand the "stress" and fustrations involved with is whole process,

Kind regards
Just be patient all will be alright.

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
28-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
21-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
20-Sep-2015 *** IP: 6-Oct-2015 *** CSQ Received: 26-Oct-2015
Please I need help!!!
Today we got received an email from Amman requesting documents. The email is quoted below:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documentation:
- Letter of employment from Egypt complete with contact information, position, duties, pay, start date, terms of work and supervisor name / number
- Evidence of authorization to work / reside in Egypt (my husband is a Syrian and is working to support us, the company he works for is trying to get him a residency permit but as a Syrian it is very hard and the Egyptian government is not granting him one.. And he has no other option because if he cannot leave Egypt, the Syrian gov will force him to join the army. I already sent a letter explaining this and they still asked us for that.. Do you think this is going to be a problem???)
- Evidence of all studies in Syrian schools including transcripts and contact information for your place of internship including duties, supervisor, and period of work. (When my husband left Syria he did not take any papers with him, he was thinking about fleeing the war and his family also left so he does not have any papers for this, how can he prove this?? I don't think they are taking into account that he comes from a war torn country esp from the city of Aleppo where people are thinking only aboutt surviving the night!)
- Details on existing family members remaining in Syria and the date of departure of all your family members from Syria.
- Detailed address of residence in Aleppo from 2010 to your departure.
- Detailed address of residence in Egypt from 2012 to present including with whom you have lived.
- full copy of your current passport (and previous passport if your current passport was issued after January 2011) (Does this mean all pages in the passport?)
- An explanation of the work / study you did in interior design and how/why you came to be a concrete finisher.
This information is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 30 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested information could result in the refusal of your application.

Eagle please pleaseee may you please advise me with ur appreciated opinion on this. What do you think we should do just send he documents that we have, is it going to be a problem that he does not have a residency permit (I mean he has no other option, if they are taking Syrian refugees they should understand the situation and give priority person who has a Canadian spouse!)
Also how would this affect the officer's decision, do you think we passed eligibility already?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SyrianCanadian said:
Please I need help!!!
Today we got received an email from Amman requesting documents. The email is quoted below:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documentation:
- Letter of employment from Egypt complete with contact information, position, duties, pay, start date, terms of work and supervisor name / number
- Evidence of authorization to work / reside in Egypt (my husband is a Syrian and is working to support us, the company he works for is trying to get him a residency permit but as a Syrian it is very hard and the Egyptian government is not granting him one.. And he has no other option because if he cannot leave Egypt, the Syrian gov will force him to join the army. I already sent a letter explaining this and they still asked us for that.. Do you think this is going to be a problem???)
- Evidence of all studies in Syrian schools including transcripts and contact information for your place of internship including duties, supervisor, and period of work. (When my husband left Syria he did not take any papers with him, he was thinking about fleeing the war and his family also left so he does not have any papers for this, how can he prove this?? I don't think they are taking into account that he comes from a war torn country esp from the city of Aleppo where people are thinking only aboutt surviving the night!)
- Details on existing family members remaining in Syria and the date of departure of all your family members from Syria.
- Detailed address of residence in Aleppo from 2010 to your departure.
- Detailed address of residence in Egypt from 2012 to present including with whom you have lived.
- full copy of your current passport (and previous passport if your current passport was issued after January 2011) (Does this mean all pages in the passport?)
- An explanation of the work / study you did in interior design and how/why you came to be a concrete finisher.
This information is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. Please note that if you do not comply with this request within 30 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested information could result in the refusal of your application.

Eagle please pleaseee may you please advise me with ur appreciated opinion on this. What do you think we should do just send he documents that we have, is it going to be a problem that he does not have a residency permit (I mean he has no other option, if they are taking Syrian refugees they should understand the situation and give priority person who has a Canadian spouse!)
Also how would this affect the officer's decision, do you think we passed eligibility already?
SyrianCanadian,

Usually for FC1 CIC does not put a heavy emphasis on things like School certificates or letter of employment. When they start asking these things it is a bit alarming because they are trying to do extensive background checks on PA. They may have some suspicion about PA and they want to be double sure that he is what he said he is. To me it looks like they want to reach out to society who also know PA very well. PA should not provided a fake documentation or school name at this stage because they will find out. Remember that when a detective asks you questions he or she knows the answers, however, they want to see what PA will provide to confirm their investigation.

Evidence of authorization to work / reside in Egypt
( They want to see if he is in order with the authority in Egypt or he has ever broken immigration law)

Letter of employment from Egypt complete with contact information, position, duties, pay, start date, terms of work and supervisor name / number (They will certainly contact the employer to gather some information from them)

Evidence of all studies in Syrian schools including transcripts and contact information for your place of internship including duties, supervisor, and period of work. ( They want to investigate if he is truly Syrian or not) Remember there is a doubt of nationality here and CIC mean business.

Details on existing family members remaining in Syria and the date of departure of all your family members from Syria.
(Like I already said in my previous posts that CIC acts like K9 dogs, there are trained to detect danger and stop it right away.) In this letter sent from CIC you can actually see that CIC is about to start PA's security checks.

full copy of your current passport (and previous passport if your current passport was issued after January 2011 ) Make photocopies of all old and new passport pages just to shut them up and clear their suspicion.

An explanation of the work / study you did in interior design and how/why you came to be a concrete finisher. ( from this sentence I can foresee an interview coming up in the future if they are not convinced. PA should know what is writing because they might use any information he provided to them against PA during an interview in case they schedule one in the future.

I will be 100% opened with you SyrianCanadian, CANADA or USA have someone on their watch list they have been looking for and PA seems to fit the bill maybe by his full name, DOB, or facial appearance now they want to make sure PA is not the person they have been looking for. I will say if PA does not have what they want it will make things even worse and increase their suspicions. He needs to prepare a well documented letter and explain why he does not have what they ask. Also remember that they may proceed with a rejection like they mentioned in their letter in case PA does not provide what they want. Dear SyrianCanadian, taking Syrians refugees do not immune them from background checks. Everyone has to go through background checks before you enter Canada. It looks hard since PA cannot provide 90% of things CIC is requesting.

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
28-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
21-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
Eagle333 said:
SyrianCanadian,

Usually for FC1 CIC does not put a heavy emphasis on things like School certificates or letter of employment. When they start asking these things it is a bit alarming because they are trying to do extensive background checks on PA. They may have some suspicion about PA and they want to be double sure that he is what he said he is. To me it looks like they want to reach out to society who also know PA very well. PA should not provided a fake documentation or school name at this stage because they will find out. Remember that when a detective asks you questions he or she knows the answers, however, they want to see what PA will provide to confirm their investigation.

Evidence of authorization to work / reside in Egypt
( They want to see if he is in order with the authority in Egypt or he has ever broken immigration law)

Letter of employment from Egypt complete with contact information, position, duties, pay, start date, terms of work and supervisor name / number (They will certainly contact the employer to gather some information from them)

Evidence of all studies in Syrian schools including transcripts and contact information for your place of internship including duties, supervisor, and period of work. ( They want to investigate if he is truly Syrian or not) Remember there is a doubt of nationality here and CIC mean business.

Details on existing family members remaining in Syria and the date of departure of all your family members from Syria.
(Like I already said in my previous posts that CIC acts like K9 dogs, there are trained to detect danger and stop it right away.) In this letter sent from CIC you can actually see that CIC is about to start PA's security checks.

full copy of your current passport (and previous passport if your current passport was issued after January 2011 ) Make photocopies of all old and new passport pages just to shut them up and clear their suspicion.

An explanation of the work / study you did in interior design and how/why you came to be a concrete finisher. ( from this sentence I can foresee an interview coming up in the future if they are not convinced. PA should know what is writing because they might use any information he provided to them against PA during an interview in case they schedule one in the future.

I will be 100% opened with you SyrianCanadian, CANADA or USA have someone on their watch list they have been looking for and PA seems to fit the bill maybe by his full name, DOB, or facial appearance now they want to make sure PA is not the person the have been looking for. I will say if PA does not have what they want it will make even things worse and increase their suspicions. He needs to prepare a well documented letter and explain why he does not have what they ask. Also remember that they may proceed with a rejection like they mentioned in their letter in case PA does not provide what they want. Dear SyrianCanadian, taking Syrians refugees do not immune them for escaping background checks. Everyone has to go through background checks before you enter Canada. It looks hard since PA cannot provide 90% of things CIC is requesting.
Eagle3333, no my husband can provide them with the info they requested, and we will get the letter of employment. The only things he cannot give them are his school transcripts since they are in Syria and does not have them. I am not saying that he escape background checks, I am sure the background and security check are extremely important but I don't see how his school papers are important for this situation. I am sure if they carry out their security checks, they will know that he is truly Syrian and that there is no problem with him, I mean can't the Canadian/US intelligence know if someone is not a danger to the country??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SyrianCanadian said:
Eagle3333, no my husband can provide them with the info they requested, and we will get the letter of employment. The only things he cannot give them are his school transcripts since they are in Syria and does not have them. I am not saying that he escape background checks, I am sure the background and security check are extremely important but I don't see how his school papers are important for this situation. I am sure if they carry out their security checks, they will know that he is truly Syrian and that there is no problem with him, I mean can't the Canadian/US intelligence know if someone is not a danger to the country??
SyrianCanadian,

If he can provide what they requested with the exception of the school transcripts they might understand if he explains that very well.
Yes, when Carrying background checks CSIS works sometime with FBI. When I was sponsoring my spouse she never landed on the American soil but guess what? When I ordered her very last GCMS 3 months after she landed in Canada, her GCMS notes showed that CSIS shared some information on security checks with FBI. I also don't understand why they are asking his school transcripts. I have helped people with GCMS I never seen such a detailed email as this. It seems like they have so many doubts on him. Stay positive everything will be fine.

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
28-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
21-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
Eagle333 said:
SyrianCanadian,

If he can provide what they requested with the exception of the school transcripts they might understand if he explains that very well.
Yes, when Carrying background checks CSIS works sometime with FBI. When I was sponsoring my spouse she never landed on the American soil but guess what? When I ordered her very last GCMS 3 months after she landed in Canada, her GCMS notes showed that CSIS shared some information on security checks with FBI. I also don't understand why they are asking his school transcripts. I have helped people with GCMS I never seen such a detailed email as this. It seems like they have so many doubts on him. Stay positive everything will be fine.
Well you know, I guess that with all the craziness going on in the world, they have the right to want to make sure everyone is safe and esp with the situation in syria now and since my husband is syrian, they want to be 100% sure of all the info. But im sure after they finish their security checks they will know were saying the truth! We come from a war torn country, have been through so much, we ran away away from all this destruction but our nightmare doesnt seem to end... I realy wish the terrorists who are making everyone Suffer all rot in hellllll!!!!!!