vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi Eagle333,

I am PR in Canada and have sponsored my wife with following details. She is here with me on TRV since 01 March 2015. Will appreciate if you would throw some light on her case.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: NDVO
App. Filed.......: 03-03-2015
AOR Received.: 16-04-2015. AOR 2 - 15-05-2015
File Transfer to NDVO: 07-05-2015
In Process: 09 October 2015

Also, should we order GCMS notes, if yes, how to go about it.

Your guidance will be truly appreciated.

vermas

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
Dear Eagle I've sent E-mail to CIC london.. How trace out if they Review my file and if they have reverse their Interview decision??
Tony that's a lot of "if" they will reverse their decision. Good luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermas said:
Hi Eagle333,

I am PR in Canada and have sponsored my wife with following details. She is here with me on TRV since 01 March 2015. Will appreciate if you would throw some light on her case.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: NDVO
App. Filed.......: 03-03-2015
AOR Received.: 16-04-2015. AOR 2 - 15-05-2015
File Transfer to NDVO: 07-05-2015
In Process: 09 October 2015

Also, should we order GCMS notes, if yes, how to go about it.

Your guidance will be truly appreciated.

vermas
Hello vermas,

Yes you can order your GCMS click link and then click next:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

The visible part of the iceberg shows that your timeline looks old and mature, However, Your GCMS notes will also reveal the unseen part we don't know.

Good luck

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The only way to know if they have done more work on your file is to order GCMS notes. Unfortunately, only the visa officer can decide to waive an interview but from what I've seen on the forum, when they say "interview required" they follow through.

Best to begin gathering your proof of relationship, etc so that you are ready when they schedule the interview.

I saw this comment from you on November 10, 2015: "PA and sponsor are not related and Marriage is not arrange by family members , does this means they will be asking questions about these two things ?? should i need to gather ongoing communication documents ??"

Please note that visa officers are aware of the customs of the regions in which they work. You/your spouse are/is from Pakistan where it's common for husband and wife to be related (usually cousins) and arranged marriages are common. This was not the case for you, and I suspect the officer was not able to figure out from your relationship story why you guys did things different from your culture and is curious about it.

I think for your interview, be prepared to answer how your relationship developed, your reasons for choosing 'love marriage' instead of 'arranged marriage', whether your parents were involved, how they felt about it, whether background checks were done on each other's family before consenting to your marriage, etc and any other information about each other. Bring proof if you have it.

Did you do Nikah Nama and Ruksati? This is another thing CIC looks for in marriages from your culture.

The relationship story is not only to describe the development of your relationship, plans, etc but should also be used to explain any potential red flags or deviations from your culture. Goodluck with your interview.

tony000 said:
Dear Eagle I've sent E-mail to CIC london.. How trace out if they Review my file and if they have reverse their Interview decision??

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016
Hello all,

So my ECAS still says "IP", but le wife got her PPR via email on Friday the 13th.
The email notification did not pop up on her phone (as others did in the past), so she saw it today when she checked.

This is just to put some people at ease that there isn't a strict time line for DM > PPR and Visa.
:D be patient, don't freakout, but keep on top of the application and hopefully you will get yours soon.

Just an FYI Eagle333 does know what he's talking about, but he can only give you a guesstimate. Last month he told me that we would receive a DM in a few weeks. Well we didn't get a DM yet, but got the PPR (which is even better lol).

Lol Eagle333, the joke around my family and friends was that we'd get the Visa before the GCMS Notes came in, looks like it was true hahaha.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsWeWait said:
Hello all,

So my ECAS still says "IP", but le wife got her PPR via email on Friday the 13th.
The email notification did not pop up on her phone (as others did in the past), so she saw it today when she checked.

This is just to put some people at ease that there isn't a strict time line for DM > PPR and Visa.
:D be patient, don't freakout, but keep on top of the application and hopefully you will get yours soon.

Just an FYI Eagle333 does know what he's talking about, but he can only give you a guesstimate. Last month he told me that we would receive a DM in a few weeks. Well we didn't get a DM yet, but got the PPR (which is even better lol).

Lol Eagle333, the joke around my family and friends was that we'd get the Visa before the GCMS Notes came in, looks like it was true hahaha.
Hello AsWeWait,

Congratulations for you passport request. Lolll I could have told you that PPR was to come before DM if I knew you're not a UK citizen. By and large, I am happy that your file will soon graduate into a visa and CoPR issuance then eCas will say DM. I know you're so excited right now and it feels like Christmas came to early for you lol. I wish you all the best in your life AsWeWait you're a good and patient person.

Best Regards

kelcel

Nov 10, 2015
Hi Eagle,

Here is the update on my wifes PR

1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on October 28, 2013.
3.Medical results have been received. ( Around Dec 2013 we got married, then she submitted my application as her spouse sponsor, medical results have been received around January 2015 due to medical issues)
4.We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Today , The PR application "In process status" has changed to "Decision Made", since she applied inside canada, it could mean three things. I hope it is not rejected :(

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelcel said:
Hi Eagle,

Here is the update on my wifes PR

1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on October 28, 2013.
3.Medical results have been received. ( Around Dec 2013 we got married, then she submitted my application as her spouse sponsor, medical results have been received around January 2015 due to medical issues)
4.We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Today , The PR application "In process status" has changed to "Decision Made", since she applied inside canada, it could mean three things. I hope it is not rejected :(
Hi kelcel,

What do you mean that she applied from inside? Is it an inland application or she applied for PR while she is visiting Canada?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelcel said:
Hi Eagle,

Thanks for responding.

She Applied this while working In canada.

Regards
I have no idea how the inland PR works Kelcel. You better visit the inland thread for more information.

raaji53

Nov 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Chc new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 jan 2009
Med's Request
14 sep 2009
Med's Done....
15 sep 2009
Interview........
14 sep 2009
Eagle333 said:
I have no idea how the inland PR works Kelcel. You better visit the inland thread for more information.
hi eagle i got DM on 10 nov bt still no PAsport request????wat can i do now?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raaji53 said:
application recived 2 jan 2009
Aaditional doc reqst jan 2013
File transfer to new delhi 2013
Ist medical and additional docs reqst june 2013
Medical done and pasport sent june 2013
Dna reqst april 2014
Dna done july 2014
Interview 14 sep 2014 on interview they return our pasport for remedical also issued remedical instructions
5 oct got call from embassy for pasport information
Hi raaji53,

Based on your timeline if you see Decision Made right now it means Visa is issued. You got PPR October 5, 2015 and November 10, 2015 you saw DM which is a very positive sign that your trip to Canada is no longer a dream but reality. What kind of passport information was requested?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Is it a bad thing that I didnt get asked for additional documents and went straight to interview. Does it mean that theyre questioning our whole application?? Im really freaking out about this whole thing, I requested notes but obviously I dont know how to be patient. From what I know through a connection at the YMCA they stated that all my papers looked complete. I just really want to spend New Years with my husband.

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi Eagle,
I am an april 2015 spouse outland applicant.
I have 3 lines on my ecas.

PPR on June 14,2015
And sent pasport on june 30.

Ecas says, september 5 was IP mode.

I sent emails to canadian embassy manila, but same reply. Still on process.

On my GCMS notes,
Assesment:
Eligibility - on process
Criminality - not started
Security - not stated
Medical - passed

If u can shaee ur ideas please.
Much appreciated.
Godbless!!

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
SenoritaBella said:
The only way to know if they have done more work on your file is to order GCMS notes. Unfortunately, only the visa officer can decide to waive an interview but from what I've seen on the forum, when they say "interview required" they follow through.

Best to begin gathering your proof of relationship, etc so that you are ready when they schedule the interview.

I saw this comment from you on November 10, 2015: "PA and sponsor are not related and Marriage is not arrange by family members , does this means they will be asking questions about these two things ?? should i need to gather ongoing communication documents ??"

Please note that visa officers are aware of the customs of the regions in which they work. You/your spouse are/is from Pakistan where it's common for husband and wife to be related (usually cousins) and arranged marriages are common. This was not the case for you, and I suspect the officer was not able to figure out from your relationship story why you guys did things different from your culture and is curious about it.

I think for your interview, be prepared to answer how your relationship developed, your reasons for choosing 'love marriage' instead of 'arranged marriage', whether your parents were involved, how they felt about it, whether background checks were done on each other's family before consenting to your marriage, etc and any other information about each other. Bring proof if you have it.

Did you do Nikah Nama and Ruksati? This is another thing CIC looks for in marriages from your culture.

The relationship story is not only to describe the development of your relationship, plans, etc but should also be used to explain any potential red flags or deviations from your culture. Goodluck with your interview.
Thanks for your Input Dear . Our Marriage was Ful marriage . Mayoon & Mendhi Ceremonies were done before before Nikkah and after Nikkah we did Reception ... in our marriage everything were according to culture and tradition.. I m not worried about interview bcz we are genuine Couple .. I m unhappy bcz me and my spouse still have to suffer more .. If unfortunately they will reject case we will not waste time in Immigration Process we will start our life in my home country or in 3rd country .