+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
hi Guys,

new to this PNP thing. Need Advise please.

Is this International student stream still open.. is ielts needed..
made account for my nephew couple days back. Have so many question but no matter asking if its closed already.

Please advise.
The stream is still open. However, the website is down since yesterday.

IELTS is not required

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
The stream is still open. However, the website is down since yesterday.

IELTS is not required

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is down unable to login.

do you know if they contact employer and if yes what questions do they ask.

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
Thanks for the info. Yes, it is down unable to login.

do you know if they contact employer and if yes what questions do they ask.
I heard they do contact sometimes. But they didn't contact my employer. Someone else who's employer was contacted should be able to answer you.

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys, For those who already have their nomination from this stream, I just want to know if there is Employment restriction on the nomination certificate? the main reason I'm asking this is because, my open work permit will expire nextyear.. so I'm thinking about applying Bridging open work permit, once I receive my AOR. But I saw somewhere in the other forums.. that I cannot apply for Bridging open work permit, if my nomination certificate have an employment restriction. Need advice....

Last edited:

mhdjh

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello all,

I'm applying on OINP Employer Job offer - foreign worker stream. I'm currently living abroad (outside Canada)
My app submitted yesterday (23 August 2018), so please can any one answers these questions:

1. During the processing/assessment stage, does OINP communicate with the current employer (who is mentioned in the work experience letter)?

2. After Nomination (hopefully I will got it), what is the steps and estimated time to get visa and be able to travel to Canada and start my new job?

Thank you so much in advance

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hello all,

I'm applying on OINP Employer Job offer - foreign worker stream. I'm currently living abroad (outside Canada)
My app submitted yesterday (23 August 2018), so please can any one answers these questions:

1. During the processing/assessment stage, does OINP communicate with the current employer (who is mentioned in the work experience letter)?

2. After Nomination (hopefully I will got it), what is the steps and estimated time to get visa and be able to travel to Canada and start my new job?

Thank you so much in advance
1. They probably will communicate with your current employer

2.after a nomination you can get a closed work permit to start your work and it depends on a proces time at that point

Reactions: mhdjh

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi guys, For those who already have their nomination from this stream, I just want to know if there is Employment restriction on the nomination certificate? the main reason I'm asking this is because, my open work permit will expire nextyear.. so I'm thinking about applying Bridging open work permit, once I receive my AOR. But I saw somewhere in the other forums.. that I cannot apply for Bridging open work permit, if my nomination certificate have an employment restriction. Need advice....
Yes you do have an employer restriction

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi missy, are you also under foreign worker stream? May i know what did you do in your case?
Follow up question... how long is processing time for closed work permit? Can you share the link with me? I might need it to show my employer.. thank you...

mhdjh

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
1. They probably will communicate with your current employer

2.after a nomination you can get a closed work permit to start your work and it depends on a proces time at that point
Thank you so much,

do you have any idea about what is the questions for the employer?

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi missy, are you also under foreign worker stream? May i know what did you do in your case?
I had an OWP prior applying for OINP.
Worked in the same NOC for 15y.
Worked for that employeer for 2y
Got OINP and applied for a WP.
Still working for the same employer
Follow up question... how long is processing time for closed work permit? Can you share the link with me? I might need it to show my employer.. thank you...
Processing time changes and you can check it on Canada.ca site

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018

I see... Can you share me the link where I can apply for Closed work permit?

thank you...

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018

Hi,

I received my nomination (employer job offer - international student). I'm currently on OWP and it expires in December. I've received a support letter too. On the support letter, it says while applying for a work permit, to attach a receipt of compliance fee paid by the employer.

was your employer required to pay this fees
or where you exempt because you had OPW ?