+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi MissyTin, I graduated in May and applied my PGWP on June 8th. Got it on July 21st. It was a long wait. Since you are the one who created the thread, did you apply for the international student stream with an employer offer? Do you think it is slow or do you regret not to apply EE instead. The only thing I'm worried bt EE is that the current immigration policy may change or tighten considering liberal may not be the next government. I kinda want to ride the last bus for this program. But I'm really not sure should I do EE or international student with an offer. THx!
Woow, you got PGWP in 43 days. I'm asking this as my wife applied at the end of June for the PGWP and still waiting (51day today).

I have applied as it says OINP employeer job offer stream. I'm in trade and it was the only option last year

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
Woow, you got PGWP in 43 days. I'm asking this as my wife applied at the end of June for the PGWP and still waiting (51day today).

I have applied as it says OINP employeer job offer stream. I'm in trade and it was the only option last year
For the PGWP, u can do nothing but wait. I feel you. In the end if ur docs are correct, u will have it for sure, don't be too stressed. Also, are you a PR already following the job offer stream? How's ur experience like? Is it really that slower than EE? Thx!

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
For the PGWP, u can do nothing but wait. I feel you. In the end if ur docs are correct, u will have it for sure, don't be too stressed. Also, are you a PR already following the job offer stream? How's ur experience like? Is it really that slower than EE? Thx!
My AOR is Sep2017, so I am still waiting :confused:.
Did medical after they requested, last month

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
My AOR is Sep2017, so I am still waiting :confused:.
Did medical after they requested, last month
Hi MissyTin,
I'm just doing my research so I may ask some stupid questions. For the timeline I see in the dashboard, I see people get "approved" usually 2 months after their applications. This "approved" status is the key to the next step which is getting a nomination and start being invited to apply for PR. Then, I don't see the disadvantage of using this stream vs EE other than waiting longer to get nominated. Or, it's because of my limited knowledge, could you tell me what are the other disadvantages after being nominated and starting to apply for PR? I heard someone said that this stream can only use paper based application.

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
@MissyTin @TommySan, can anyone please clarify for me?

I graduated from Ontario (not master) in 2016. No job in Canada, but elsewhere. 1 Year of experience overseas. I live overseas.

Therefore, most likely the only category that fits me is:
EEBC — INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE

I'm already in EE pool & registered a profile with Welcome-BC. Yesterday I received an email from job bank that an employer in BC is interested in me & invited me to apply for a job in their company. The job is Administrative Officer, $18/hr (~$37,000 annual), Permanent contract.

1) Does that job offer - if I applied, passed the interview and signed the contract- qualifies me for the "Job Offer" Requirement?
2) Is LMIA required?
3) Approx. How long should it take from sending the application to BC for EEBC (online) to receiving the PR Visa?

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi MissyTin,
I'm just doing my research so I may ask some stupid questions. For the timeline I see in the dashboard, I see people get "approved" usually 2 months after their applications. This "approved" status is the key to the next step which is getting a nomination and start being invited to apply for PR. Then, I don't see the disadvantage of using this stream vs EE other than waiting longer to get nominated. Or, it's because of my limited knowledge, could you tell me what are the other disadvantages after being nominated and starting to apply for PR? I heard someone said that this stream can only use paper based application.
It costs more, 1500$.
Plus this is a paper based application, so the proces time is 16-19months, not up to 6 months.
You dont need WES, neither the English language test,if it's a high skill job.
Either than that, not much different

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
@MissyTin @TommySan, can anyone please clarify for me?

I graduated from Ontario (not master) in 2016. No job in Canada, but elsewhere. 1 Year of experience overseas. I live overseas.

Therefore, most likely the only category that fits me is:
EEBC — INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE

I'm already in EE pool & registered a profile with Welcome-BC. Yesterday I received an email from job bank that an employer in BC is interested in me & invited me to apply for a job in their company. The job is Administrative Officer, $18/hr (~$37,000 annual), Permanent contract.

1) Does that job offer - if I applied, passed the interview and signed the contract- qualifies me for the "Job Offer" Requirement?
2) Is LMIA required?
3) Approx. How long should it take from sending the application to BC for EEBC (online) to receiving the PR Visa?
Sorry, don't know about the BC as we are focused on ON

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
It costs more, 1500$.
Plus this is a paper based application, so the proces time is 16-19months, not up to 6 months.
You dont need WES, neither the English language test,if it's a high skill job.
Either than that, not much different
@MissyTin So basically, if I start now, 2 months to get nominated + 16 months to get approved = 18 to 20 months. For EE, 2 weeks to get nominated + 6months to get approved = 6 months and something to go through the whole EE process. What is the WES? I'm really having a hard time to choose between EE and Employer with offer. Since if I add in my wait time 12months + 2 weeks to get nominated + 6months to get approved it's quite similar to the EE time. Would u choose EE over employer with offer if you were in my shoes. Btw, thanks a lot for all the information. I feel like buying u a drink ;)

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
@MissyTin So basically, if I start now, 2 months to get nominated + 16 months to get approved = 18 to 20 months. For EE, 2 weeks to get nominated + 6months to get approved = 6 months and something to go through the whole EE process. What is the WES? I'm really having a hard time to choose between EE and Employer with offer. Since if I add in my wait time 12months + 2 weeks to get nominated + 6months to get approved it's quite similar to the EE time. Would u choose EE over employer with offer if you were in my shoes. Btw, thanks a lot for all the information. I feel like buying u a drink ;)
This stream is not for EE, so if you apply for OINP you wont be able to go thru EE.

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
This stream is not for EE, so if you apply for OINP you wont be able to go thru EE.
I see......thx! I'm just really confused if I should go thru OINP or EE. Looks like OINP is really slow and I'm scared of the wait from my experience of waiting for my work permit :confused:

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
Can we travel outside of Canada while our file is submitted for pr paper based and if can do we have to inform them?
You can travel if you have a work permit to reenter Canada and a TRV on your passport. You do not have to inform them if its a vacation or for a short duration.

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Guys!

Just want to share my timeline for OINP - Employer job offer stream

Application submitted : July 31,2018
Assessment : August 3, 2018
Decision in Progress : August 21, 2018
Nomination : waiting

Does anyone have an idea how long would it take for me to get my nomination?

Last edited:

Anish_M

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Guys!

Just want to share my timeline for OINP - Employer job offer stream

Application submitted : July 31,2018
Assessment : August 3, 2018
Decision in Progress : August 21, 2018
Nomination : waiting

Does anyone have an idea how long would it take for me to get my nomination?
+ 15 months from Application submitted date

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
hi Guys,

new to this PNP thing. Need Advise please.

Is this International student stream still open.. is ielts needed..
made account for my nephew couple days back. Have so many question but no matter asking if its closed already.

Please advise.