+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
If you are here and working, they say it is not needed. What is important is that the salary and position is enough to support your family. And if you are here, most of these funds are not necessary.

I read somewhere that you can add to your savings + 3 months of your current salary, because the settlement funds are based on a 3 months period, but I could not find the source to give to you, so take this with a grain of salt, try to find more info.

What also weighs in is your wife's probability of finding a job. If she paid tuition to college or University, her employability and salary expectation is higher. It is even better when she finds a good job while your application is being processed, so you can update them of your job history, and both of you are working, it will look very nice on your "probability of economic success" criteria.

Plus, there are the items in the checklist that require supporting documents and the items that do not, and if I'm not mistaken, that form does not require you to send the POF, it is a declaration, and they may request it later, so it is highly recommended to make an honest and conservative estimate of your funds in case they ask for proof.

Thank you very much for your quick response it really put me at ease. :) , Just want to clarify this statement "savings + 3 months of your current salary" , I understand the savings part, but for 3 months of current salary, how should I put it? does it have to be available in cash? or just a pay slips of current 3 months salary?

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
hi friends,

I just graduated from university in may 2018. started my job in june 2018. My salary is above the minimum by 3 dollars. My question is if my employer is willing to do this with me, do I get a good chance? Also, many of my friends and some so-called "immigration expert" haven't heard of or is not recommending this program for international students. They usually say u need to do ee. I wonder how's everyone's experience with this program and is the success rate high or low? Thx! This program refers to international student with a job offer program

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Thank you very much for your quick response it really put me at ease. :) , Just want to clarify this statement "savings + 3 months of your current salary" , I understand the savings part, but for 3 months of current salary, how should I put it? does it have to be available in cash? or just a pay slips of current 3 months salary?
It is like this: John earns 3k month.
Savings/unencumbered = 10,000 (can't be your house or car, or borrowed, or investiment)
3k per month x 3 months = 9k.

John says he has 19,000.

If asked, he proves 10,000 savings + 3 months pay slips or year average/12, and explains this is how he got to the 19,000.00.

Again: try to find this information about the 3 months, I'll try to find it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: OEJOS

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
hi friends,

I just graduated from university in may 2018. started my job in june 2018. My salary is above the minimum by 3 dollars. My question is if my employer is willing to do this with me, do I get a good chance? Also, many of my friends and some so-called "immigration expert" haven't heard of or is not recommending this program for international students. They usually say u need to do ee. I wonder how's everyone's experience with this program and is the success rate high or low? Thx! This program refers to international student with a job offer program
Yes, because EE is much much much muuuuuch faster, simpler, and you save $1500. You usually have enough points with a MSc. and especially if you are young. When you get 1 year work experience in Canada, most likely you will have enough points.

On the other hand, the nomination, then federal processing time, plus work and docs sent back and forth, for the paper based nominations, we are looking at 2-2.5 years time. You have to assess that against the points you have now or will have after 1 year.

If you complete 1 year working and then apply through EE, it would still be faster than applying now by paper.

Check your CRS score and the last invitations, it is around 440 points.

If you cannot get enough points or forecast it to take longer than 2.5 years, or you can't get to improve your english scores (tip: take IELTS, NOT CELPIP) and will always be nearing the 420-430 points (anything more than 5-10 points is too risky to expect the lowest invitation score to drop to), and it seems that there is nothing else you can do to improve your score, then the nomination is a more guaranteed path. It is just slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ken zhang

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,
I've submitted my application on June 14th (International student with Job offer stream) . My current status is DIP(since July 24th). Neither my employer nor I have been contacted by the immigration team. My question is, do they contact the employers of all applicants or just the ones which they feel the need to contact employers for any verification/questions ?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
They contact most of them, unless it is a large organization or one they already have on file because they referred an employee before and have been assessed already.

For us, they asked the HR about number of employees, immigrant to PR/Canadian ratio, profit, etc.

Reactions: Sindhu2905

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
They contact most of them, unless it is a large organization or one they already have on file because they referred an employee before and have been assessed already.

For us, they asked the HR about number of employees, immigrant to PR/Canadian ratio, profit, etc.
Thank you very much

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
Yes, because EE is much much much muuuuuch faster, simpler, and you save $1500. You usually have enough points with a MSc. and especially if you are young. When you get 1 year work experience in Canada, most likely you will have enough points.

On the other hand, the nomination, then federal processing time, plus work and docs sent back and forth, for the paper based nominations, we are looking at 2-2.5 years time. You have to assess that against the points you have now or will have after 1 year.

If you complete 1 year working and then apply through EE, it would still be faster than applying now by paper.

Check your CRS score and the last invitations, it is around 440 points.

If you cannot get enough points or forecast it to take longer than 2.5 years, or you can't get to improve your english scores (tip: take IELTS, NOT CELPIP) and will always be nearing the 420-430 points (anything more than 5-10 points is too risky to expect the lowest invitation score to drop to), and it seems that there is nothing else you can do to improve your score, then the nomination is a more guaranteed path. It is just slow.
Thank you so much for ur reply!!!! I'm 25 years old I have a university degree. How do I forecast my score after a year of work? TWO AND A HALF YEAR PROCESSING TIME.......OMG....I waited for my post grad work permit for 51 days and that was like forever. How long does ee normally take?

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Thank you so much for ur reply!!!! I'm 25 years old I have a university degree. How do I forecast my score after a year of work? TWO AND A HALF YEAR PROCESSING TIME.......OMG....I waited for my post grad work permit for 51 days and that was like forever. How long does ee normally take?
When did you apply for PGWP?

EE usually takes up to 6 months

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi,
I've submitted my application on June 14th (International student with Job offer stream) . My current status is DIP(since July 24th). Neither my employer nor I have been contacted by the immigration team. My question is, do they contact the employers of all applicants or just the ones which they feel the need to contact employers for any verification/questions ?
My employer hasn't been contacted, neither am I.

Reactions: Sindhu2905

ken zhang

Aug 14, 2018
When did you apply for PGWP?

EE usually takes up to 6 months
Hi MissyTin, I graduated in May and applied my PGWP on June 8th. Got it on July 21st. It was a long wait. Since you are the one who created the thread, did you apply for the international student stream with an employer offer? Do you think it is slow or do you regret not to apply EE instead. The only thing I'm worried bt EE is that the current immigration policy may change or tighten considering liberal may not be the next government. I kinda want to ride the last bus for this program. But I'm really not sure should I do EE or international student with an offer. THx!