+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi .. I'm gonna apply for Closed Work Permit and Open work permit for my wife. I'm just waiting for the Offer of Employment Number from my employer, probably it will be given to me this week. Just want to know for those who have been through this process, If you guys submitted Police clearances and do Medical upfront?
Current Status: I (open work permit) and my wife (Student Visa) arrived in Canada last January 2018.

May I know how much did you pay for both the work permit and open work permit, because I am playing with the online eligibility tools and this is the Fees that I need to pay according to what I key-in in the eligibility tool.

Application

Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT) $100
Restoration of status $200
Open Work Permit Holder Fee $100
Work Permit $155

Total Price (CAD) $555

Here is what I did fill-up in the eligibility tool,

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - more than 6 months

Select the code that matches the one on your passport.
My Home Country

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen ? or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

No

What is your date of birth?
My birthday

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not
issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my
enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one
ofthe following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

Answer: NO

Are you a spouse (glossary.do?id=611), common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college,
CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be
eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

Answer : YES

Are you a spouse common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker

What is your marital status ?
Married

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
Ontario

Which of the following best describes your situation?
I have an Open Work Permit

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes. (But it’s going to expire in December 2018, will this be ok?)

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

What country does your family member live in?
Canada

Which country issued your family member's passportor travel document?
My Home country

Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your family member's current marital status?
Married

What is your family member's date of birth?

My Spouse Birthday

What is your family member current immigration status in Canada?

Student

What does your family member want to do in Canada?
Apply for or extend an open work permit

Here are what’s on the toggle view:

Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
Apply for or extend an open work permit (I opted this)
Apply for or Extend study permit
Apply for or both a work permit and a study permit

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?
Yes

Has your family member had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
No. (She did her medical September last year, it’s expired)

There are fees associated with your family member application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes.

Do you want to submit an application for another family member?
No.

Are you giving someone access to your application?

No.

Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.

Answer: Yes

A medical exam is needed for foreign nationals who:

want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months and have lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the past year or;
intend to work in one of the following jobs:
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
medical elective and physician on short term assignment
teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
day nursery worker
If your family member fits into one of these categories, they need to get a medical exam.
Will your family member be getting a medical exam before you submit their application? Sending medical results, if required, as part of an application package will speed up the processing of the application.
For a medical exam, you must see a physician on Canada's list of Panel Physicians

In the past 10 years, has your family member given their fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada?
Answer: NO (can someone clarifiy me if I answer this correctly? I’m so confused with this question)

There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my family member's application fees.

No

No

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a debit card (Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interac).
Yes

Last edited:

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi .. I'm gonna apply for Closed Work Permit and Open work permit for my wife. I'm just waiting for the Offer of Employment Number from my employer, probably it will be given to me this week. Just want to know for those who have been through this process, If you guys submitted Police clearances and do Medical upfront?
Current Status: I (open work permit) and my wife (Student Visa) arrived in Canada last January 2018.

May I know how much did you pay for both the work permit and open work permit, because I am playing with the online eligibility tools and this is the Fees that I need to pay according to what I key-in in the eligibility tool.

Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)

Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT) 1 $100 $100
Restoration of status 1 $200 $200
Open Work Permit Holder Fee 1 $100 $100
Work Permit 1 $155 $155

Total Price (CAD) $555

Here is what I did fill-up in the eligibility tool,

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - more than 6 months

Select the code that matches the one on your passport.
My Home Country

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen ? or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

No

What is your date of birth?
My birthday

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not
issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my
enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one
ofthe following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

Are you a spouse (glossary.do?id=611), common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college,
CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be
eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

Answer : YES

Are you a spouse common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
a military personnel assigned to Canada
a participant in professional sports activities or events
an employee of a foreign news company
a religious worker

What is your marital status ?
Married

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
Ontario

Which of the following best describes your situation?
I have an Open Work Permit

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes. (But it’s going to expire in December 2018, will this be ok?)

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

What country does your family member live in?
Canada

Which country issued your family member's passportor travel document?
My Home country

Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your family member's current marital status?
Married

What is your family member's date of birth?

My Spouse Birthday

What is your family member current immigration status in Canada?

Student

What does your family member want to do in Canada?
Apply for or extend an open work permit

Here are what’s on the toggle view:

Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
Apply for or extend an open work permit (I opted this)
Apply for or Extend study permit
Apply for or both a work permit and a study permit

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?
Yes

Has your family member had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
No. (She did her medical September last year, it’s expired)

There are fees associated with your family member application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes.

No.

No.

Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.

A medical exam is needed for foreign nationals who:

want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months and have lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the past year or;
intend to work in one of the following jobs:
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
medical elective and physician on short term assignment
teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
day nursery worker
If your family member fits into one of these categories, they need to get a medical exam.
Will your family member be getting a medical exam before you submit their application? Sending medical results, if required, as part of an application package will speed up the processing of the application.
For a medical exam, you must see a physician on Canada's list of Panel Physicians

In the past 10 years, has your family member given their fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for an application to come to Canada?
Answer: NO (can someone clarifiy me if I answer this correctly? I’m so confused with this question)

There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my family member's application fees.

No

No

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a debit card (Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interac).
Yes
If your wife is still studying she will loose her student status and wont be able to continue, if she obtaine wp

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Part 2:

So here are the list of requirements they are asking me to submit according to online tool:

Application Form(s)
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Question: Why are they asking me to fill-up this form? Doesn’t make sense to me because I’ll be applying inside Canada. Please clarify this to me for those who have been through this process before?

Supporting Documents

Canadian Work or Study Permit
Passport
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)
Marriage License/Certificate
Digital photo
Proof of medical exam

Family Members :
You have told us that additional people will come to Canada with you. Please attach their documents below.

Application Form(s)
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

Supporting Documents
Passport
Proof of medical exam

Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT) $100
Restoration of status $200
Open Work Permit Holder Fee $100
Work Permit $155

Total Price (CAD) $555

Hope somebody will correct me if I did fill up some of the question wrongly. I really need help.

Regards,

Last edited:

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
If your wife is still studying she will loose her student status and wont be able to continue, if she obtaine wp
Hi Missy!

In our part, it's ok to loose her Student Status. We already talked about it and we decided to give up her studies for now but we're thinking about to continue her studies once we have PR status in canada so we dont have to spend so much money for the tuition fees.

Do you think I filled-up correctly our WP & Open work permit application in online Eligibility tool correctly?

thanks for your prompt response, really appreciate.

Regards,

eerdogan

Sep 21, 2018
TURKEY
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13th of Agust
Doc's Request.
24 th of August
Hi,

I received my nomination (employer job offer - international student). I'm currently on OWP and it expires in December. I've received a support letter too. On the support letter, it says while applying for a work permit, to attach a receipt of compliance fee paid by the employer.

was your employer required to pay this fees
or where you exempt because you had OPW ?
Hi,
Congratulations for your nomination.
My status changed to 'Approved' on last Friday (28 of Sep). My stream is Foreign Worker but we have similar procedure I guess. Do you know how it goes after Approved? How long does it take to receive letter of Nomination? Did you apply for PR?
I will be happy if you can help.
Regards,
Erhan

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
if your OINP approved and apply for PR does it need to have IELTS with maximum CLB 6?
our employer said that we cant apply PR if the IELTS is not CLB 6, is this true?
thank you in advance.

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi,
Congratulations for your nomination.
My status changed to 'Approved' on last Friday (28 of Sep). My stream is Foreign Worker but we have similar procedure I guess. Do you know how it goes after Approved? How long does it take to receive letter of Nomination? Did you apply for PR?
I will be happy if you can help.
Regards,
Erhan
sir can iask what is your timeline? and where are you now?

Rene77

Feb 10, 2018
No, you cannot. You need to have a job offer in Ontario and must have intensions to live in Ontario
tnx sir im currently working here in quebec as tfw if ever there is a employer in ontario that will give me a job offer is it posible that i can apply under oinp thanks

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Hi Everyone,

I submitted the application for OINP Employer job offer International student stream. on Oct 25 2018.
Is there anyone who has submitted theirs recently ?

I asked Ontario Contact center about the number of application remaining for this year and they said even if they run out of the numbers they will still process the application within the same time frame and count that towards 2019. So I took the risk and submitted that yesterday.

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi all!

just submitted my work permit and open work permit application online today Oct. 28. inland applicant...

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I submitted the application for OINP Employer job offer International student stream. on Oct 25 2018.
Is there anyone who has submitted theirs recently ?

I asked Ontario Contact center about the number of application remaining for this year and they said even if they run out of the numbers they will still process the application within the same time frame and count that towards 2019. So I took the risk and submitted that yesterday.

hello sir does it mean they are close now?

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
hello sir does it mean they are close now?
No That doesn't mean they are closed.
I meant to say In case they are closed by the time they reach to your application, they will still process application within regular time frame but they will consider the application under 2019 quota.

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
No That doesn't mean they are closed.
I meant to say In case they are closed by the time they reach to your application, they will still process application within regular time frame but they will consider the application under 2019 quota.

i hope it will be approved for us soon. thank you for your info.

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
i hope it will be approved for us soon. thank you for your info.
I hope so too. Thanks.
When was yours submitted ? and what is the status now ?