+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

Ayeshaua

Nov 1, 2023
They provided this answer to the MP
I think they are just making up new different stuff for everyone now, and no one really knows whats going on. They told me my application is non routine now, for no reason and gave me no timeline and the MP asked me to follow up in 3 months (which would be the 18 mo timeline) and thats that. Ive just stopped bothering with them and have moved on, i cant put my life on a hold, however my PR will expire maybe they want to just make more money - idk.

Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I think they are just making up new different stuff for everyone now, and no one really knows whats going on. They told me my application is non routine now, for no reason and gave me no timeline and the MP asked me to follow up in 3 months (which would be the 18 mo timeline) and thats that. Ive just stopped bothering with them and have moved on, i cant put my life on a hold, however my PR will expire maybe they want to just make more money - idk.
Well renewing PR card doesn't cost much, but that is a safe option for now.

Alan555

Dec 15, 2023
15 months is applicable for ppl applying now. The processing time that was showing in October 2022 is the one I/we should refer to.
That is a head scratcher, as applicants applying Jan 23 onwards and especially July 23 to the end of 23 are now getting Oaths. It looks like some applicants in late 22 were selected for a different process and have been forgotten about by the accelerated process that started middle of 23, and regardless of us calling IRCC or an MP no one can get them to speed up their application. I was told by the local MP i will get back to you in 3 weeks and that was last week. As i say i dont think IRCC know where some of these applications are. I dont think there is an expiry date but would not surprise me if they came up with something like that.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
sure per person it doesn't - but if they are going to get 10000 PR renewals that's decent money.
That is definitely true, well what can be do apart from being safe with PR renewal. That's my plan too. Completing 15 months on next Monday hopefully something happens before I renew my PR.

EAR

Jan 26, 2024
If we ever have had a work history across the border in the last 5 years, then, would it delay the application?

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
I passed 15 months last month, was told that it was 18 months when the application was submitted, so it is 18.
Thank you for sharing.

I managed to talk to an IRCC agent after 13 calling attempts. She was amicable and, after a roughly 3-minute review of my files, confirmed that my application had indeed been pending for more than 15 months. She said she would leave a note for her colleagues.

As some of the previous posts said, it's unfortunate that some of our applications from late 2022 are being processed glaringly slower than those in 2023. But I'm afraid we can't do much but wait.

Reactions: adstarscream732

EAR

Jan 26, 2024
Finally on Feb10th LLP cleared, all the categories are now showing completed status. Application filed on Oct 26th, 2022. Took more than 15 months, one ATIP application, two phone calls to agents and one representation from local MP. Now waiting for the Oath call.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Thank you for sharing.

I managed to talk to an IRCC agent after 13 calling attempts. She was amicable and, after a roughly 3-minute review of my files, confirmed that my application had indeed been pending for more than 15 months. She said she would leave a note for her colleagues.

As some of the previous posts said, it's unfortunate that some of our applications from late 2022 are being processed glaringly slower than those in 2023. But I'm afraid we can't do much but wait.
This is good news. Hopefully the same happens for me on Monday!

EAR

Jan 26, 2024
This is good news. Hopefully the same happens for me on Monday!
Hopefully, you will probably receive all complete status within a month. I have called them twice in January as soon as my app had passed 15 months. However, in late Jan my MP called the agent and put request to the visa office, they replied next day that they would make a decision soon. I guess that did it, or may be not. I sense your’s too will be decisioned soon, all the very best.

omarabm

Sep 24, 2018
Thank you for sharing.

Thanks. Hopefully the wait will come to an end next week before family day long weekend.