+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
they received my application on Oct,4, i called CIC last week to check for my application and she gave me a Temporary application number start with XF000..., I do not know what that mean ? is that something CIC usually gave to new applications or they open my application and everything is good ? anybody know.?

Thank you,
Which number you called ?
What details you gave them ?

This is something new which I heard...Else, people say it takes around 40 - 60 days to get AOR1 in an email..

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Which number you called ?
What details you gave them ?

This is something new which I heard...Else, people say it takes around 40 - 60 days to get AOR1 in an email..
I called this number 1-888-242-2100 and then chose 2-1-1-0 to speake to an agent
they asked the name, birth date , country , and other question about my wife and for me the sponsor i gave them my UCI #

usually take 6-8 weeks for the AOR!, they gave you temp application number if you called they do not email it to you

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I called this number 1-888-242-2100 and then chose 2-1-1-0 to speake to an agent
they asked the name, birth date , country , and other question about my wife and for me the sponsor i gave them my UCI #

usually take 6-8 weeks for the AOR!, they gave you temp application number if you called they do not email it to you
Does this means they verified all documents of your application ?

Are you able to see the status on ECAS page ?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Last edited:

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Does this means they verified all documents of your application ?
As the agent mentioned they open my application and go through all my documents once but still need to check it again for a permanent application number. i think they check the documents more than one time by different people before sending your AOR.

I do not have that much of experience about CIC applications, i just quoted what the Callcenter agent told me.

Also, you can not check the status or link your application until you have the permeant application number.

I will give them a call next week and see what happened.

Reactions: cecict

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
As the agent mentioned they open my application and go through all my documents once but still need to check it again for a permanent application number. i think they check the documents more than one time by different people before sending your AOR.

I do not have that much of experience about CIC applications, i just quoted what the Callcenter agent told me.

Also, you can not check the status or link your application until you have the permeant application number.

I will give them a call next week and see what happened.
Anyways thank you for sharing this..i am trying to reach call center agent...but busy...will keep on trying

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Anyways thank you for sharing this..i am trying to reach call center agent...but busy...will keep on trying
yes it takes time but what i did is i left my number and they call me back within 30 minute instead of waiting, also call them between 2-4 this time not that busy

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
yes it takes time but what i did is i left my number and they call me back within 30 minute instead of waiting, also call them between 2-4 this time not that busy
I was able to talk to agent...he confirmed that application is received and verified the details in application...
But he said checks are in progress to confirm its a "complete" application...Right Now, it's a temporary application...
He cannot give me any timelines when I will get the AOR in email..

So, next step is to wait for a final AOR email...

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
I was able to talk to agent...he confirmed that application is received and verified the details in application...
But he said checks are in progress to confirm its a "complete" application...Right Now, it's a temporary application...
He cannot give me any timelines when I will get the AOR in email..

So, next step is to wait for a final AOR email...
Sounds good new they start progress your application, usually take 6-8 weeks until they send the AOR and sometime more or less because its depend on the person, every applicant have different situation, i hope we will hear back from them soon.

when did they receive your application ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Sounds good new they start progress your application, usually take 6-8 weeks until they send the AOR and sometime more or less because its depend on the person, every applicant have different situation, i hope we will hear back from them soon.

when did they receive your application ?
Oct 10th...Good Luck !
Do keep us posted...

Reactions: ZeeSho

kellwell

Oct 28, 2019
Mine was also delivered on the 7th, so will be watching to see what happens.

I know the period to get the AOR seems to be 60 days or so ... which seems interminably long. Amazing they don't provide some acknowledgement of receipt that's just that, 'we got your package.' Most worried of course it will be sent back.
I got my number in 45 days but then the next steps moved very fast. We are now doing the medical and have been advised our application was sent to the Visa office for further review. Now we wait again. Good luck and try not to worry.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I got my number in 45 days but then the next steps moved very fast. We are now doing the medical and have been advised our application was sent to the Visa office for further review. Now we wait again. Good luck and try not to worry.
What is the AOR1 date(date you received email) of acceptance ?