+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello,

Can we still get PCC from Consulate General of India at Bloor st Downtown? 2 years ago i got my PCC from CGI on same day. Just curious if we could still get it.

Thank you.

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Hello,

Can we still get PCC from Consulate General of India at Bloor st Downtown? 2 years ago i got my PCC from CGI on same day. Just curious if we could still get it.

Thank you.
Yes you can, you need to fill a form online n print it and bring all the other documents shown on their page. If you pay little extra , you can get it one the same day, otherwise it will take about 7 to 10 days.

Reactions: Kishorekish

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
PR/OWP Application sent: October 10, received October 11.
Wait on AOR..
My husband is applying inland just as visitor from US, but every time he was re-entering would say he's visiting me.. always went back every couple months to visit family so was never an issue of staying more than 6 months. Last time he re-entered was October 9..
Now that application is in, is there any possibility for us to travel to US and back? We'd wait until OWP was processed, but even then, are there issues re-entering/is it worth the risk?
If anyone has any input at all that would be extremely helpful! I'm pregnant and due in March so super nervous about him leaving and potentialy not being able to re-enter!

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Wait on AOR..
My husband is applying inland just as visitor from US, but every time he was re-entering would say he's visiting me.. always went back every couple months to visit family so was never an issue of staying more than 6 months. Last time he re-entered was October 9..
Now that application is in, is there any possibility for us to travel to US and back? We'd wait until OWP was processed, but even then, are there issues re-entering/is it worth the risk?
If anyone has any input at all that would be extremely helpful! I'm pregnant and due in March so super nervous about him leaving and potentialy not being able to re-enter!
paglimi, did you see my response in the September 2019 thread?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-inland-spousal-pr-owp.652600/page-21#post-8303187

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
I didn't, just saw it now, thank you!
Would it be better if we were to take the risk if he had OWP, or doesnt make a difference?
Are they opposed or question you extra if you're entering as an applicant with an OWP but on visitor Visa?
Thanks again!
I think there was an answer to that in one of the threads. In my humble opinion the OWP shouldn't make a difference though I guess it couldn't hurt. Again, it comes down to whether your trip is short. Check the threads to see what others think.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Also - how do I add that bottom part you have that says your details?
App sent:
Received etc.

I added myself to the spreadsheet as well, thank you!
Add it to your signature.
  1. In the upper right of your screen you will see your user name.
  2. Place the mouse pointer on the user name. A drop down menu appears.
  3. On the drop down menu click Signature. The Edit Signature screen opens.
  4. On the Edit Signature screen, enter your desired signature in the text editor.
  5. Click Save Changes to save the signature.

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wait on AOR..
We sent our application early this month. Husband and I went to New York last week for a few days and re-entered without any issue. He is on an eTA, said we were visiting family in Toronto and he had a return ticket back to country of residence next month. We didn’t mention anything about our application because they didn’t ask anything further. Leaving Canada is fine but while it’s low, there’s always a risk of being denied entry at the border and then your application gets cancelled altogether. We also called CIC prior to this just to check if it was okay to leave as well and they said it was fine.

Reactions: TriniKRN

Ray1314

Mar 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

I applied for the inland canada spousal sponsorship application and my timeline is as follows:

Application sent: August 28,2019
Application received: August 30, 2019
AOR: October 16, 2019
OWP Approval: November 8, 2019
No further updates

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
We sent our application early this month. Husband and I went to New York last week for a few days and re-entered without any issue. He is on an eTA, said we were visiting family in Toronto and he had a return ticket back to country of residence next month. We didn’t mention anything about our application because they didn’t ask anything further. Leaving Canada is fine but while it’s low, there’s always a risk of being denied entry at the border and then your application gets cancelled altogether. We also called CIC prior to this just to check if it was okay to leave as well and they said it was fine.
Thanks for responding!
Was the key that he had return ticket to his country of residence? We applied inland, so would my husband's country of residence not be here, or would it not be known by CBSA since we don't have an acknowledgement of receipt yet? I'm just wondring if once you have acknowledgment of receipt if CBSA also knows when you cross over, in which case you'd have to be totally transparent..

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Add it to your signature.
  1. In the upper right of your screen you will see your user name.
  2. Place the mouse pointer on the user name. A drop down menu appears.
  3. On the drop down menu click Signature. The Edit Signature screen opens.
  4. On the Edit Signature screen, enter your desired signature in the text editor.
  5. Click Save Changes to save the signature.
Thank you!

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
We just had our application returned. I had omitted my most recent Notice Of Assessment. I thought they meant my T4. Duh!! We had sent our application on Oct 25 and it was returned to me on Nov 14. I added my NOA and sent it right back to them. It is a bummer that the clock is starting over but it was good that it came back so fast and that that was all that I had missed. Fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here on out! Guess I’m off to the November thread now. Good luck all!

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
We just had our application returned. I had omitted my most recent Notice Of Assessment. I thought they meant my T4. Duh!! We had sent our application on Oct 25 and it was returned to me on Nov 14. I added my NOA and sent it right back to them. It is a bummer that the clock is starting over but it was good that it came back so fast and that that was all that I had missed. Fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here on out! Guess I’m off to the November thread now. Good luck all!
Awww no! How did they return it? Via the same courier you sent it with or Canada Post?