+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

steve258

Oct 31, 2019
Hi all. I am applying in-Canada class spousal sponsorship + OWP. My application was received 17th Oct. I have not received AOR so far, looking at the spreadsheet it seems waiting for 50-60 days for AOR is the norm, which is fine except comes December I'll be coming really close to the 6 month visitor limit from my original entry date of 18th June, which I put down in my application.

1. Should I apply to extend my visitor VISA now for peace of mind? Will it complicates my sponsorship application? Since implied status doesn't start until AOR is received, I'm afraid if they decide to return my application in a month for whatever reason then I will fall out of visitor status before I have a chance to resend the application, during holiday season no less.

2. Technically I went to Europe and came back at the end of September (no entry stamp though passport was scanned at kiosk) so am I correct in thinking that I'm safe for another 6 months? Even though I put June 18th as the original entry date in application, and all my proof of co-habitation in Canada and financial support materials are from August/September.

Is there anyone here in similar boat?

Thank you

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hey guys,

Just submitted our application on October 29th 2019.

I have couple of questions.

First, we paid $85 for biometrics fee and I have been reading that you dont have to pay biometrics for inland applications, if yes. Will I get a refund for the biometrics? I sent a webform but idk what will happen.

Second question, we did not include OWP checklist but we did include OWP application and additional documents, will that cause the application to be returned?

Thanks for your responses in advance!
From what I have read apparently the biometric fee isn't required and I have read threads where persons say the fee was refunded when they received their DM or PR. I paid it also not knowing prior.

I personally included the checklist to be on the safe side but from what I have read on other threads it doesn't seem to be detrimental if you did or didn't include the checklist cause there isn't any specific instructions to include it.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi everyone. Just a quick question: I'm currently sponsoring my wife inland. I got a email from immigration say that the application has been sent to Etobicoke IRCC for further assessment. Does anyone knows what this means??? This was sent to us on october 10th 2019.
From what I have read they are assessing the genuineness of the marriage. They may contact you for additional proof of the marriage or relationship.

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello Everyone, I have two questions. Please help me
1. In spouse sponsorship + OWP application, do we need to include both checklists in the application package?
2. when I paid spouse sponsorship fee+OWP fee, it just one fee receipt generated for $890 (not paying RPRF right now)? my question is how to attach it with both applications

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Man, just when I think I am done and it opens new can of questions. So, please questions as possible.

1. PA is British citizen- Do we have to include original PCC? Sorry I can't find correct question anywhere.

2. PA used to be Indian citizen (as she was born there), her Indian passport was cancelled when she received British passport, Indian Consular does not provide PCC to former Indian passport holder. So, I will write explanation letter. Anyone came across same situation? And what was their experience?

3. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as Employment letter or insurance benefit). I have added PA as my beneficiary at my work, will that letter work?

4. other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (eg. letters, cards etc). Do we send original wedding greeting cards or copy it? If we send original wedding greeting cards, do IRCC send it back to us? We do not post our pictures on facebook, however we have tag our self as married to each other on facebook, but its private.

5. We got married in Canada, do we send original marriage certi or copy? I am pretty sure its copy, but I will appreciate your input.

Thanks
1) yes the PCC must be the original.
2) I have no experience with that maybe someone else may address that but I think a letter of explanation won't hurt and is your best course of action.
3)yes that shows employment benefits to your spouse so that will suffice
4)other proof can also include messages via whatsapp and social media about your relationship from family and friends. I understand whatever IRCC gets in the package is not returned and that why they ask for copies of everything. As it relates to your social media I suggest you log in and screenshot your facebook that shows your status. Also even though your profile is private you can go in settings and set your profile to show your relationshipsbip status to the public so anyone who views your profile will see your name and your relationship status and who you are married to. You can screenshot and print that page also to include as proof.
5) send a copy of the marriage certificate. They will verify the authenticity of the document. If you send an original you will not get it back

Reactions: strssincanada

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello Everyone, I have two questions. Please help me
1. In spouse sponsorship + OWP application, do we need to include both checklists in the application package?
2. when I paid spouse sponsorship fee+OWP fee, it just one fee receipt generated for $890 (not paying RPRF right now)? my question is how to attach it with both applications
1) there is no indication if you should also include the checklist for the OWP but I included it but the in spouse sponsorship checklist is a must
2) I paid the OWP and sponsorship fees separately so I could the receipts with the requisite forms. Seems you already paid all in one I would just insert it with the sponsorship checklist I am sure they should be able to see everything is one receipt

Reactions: lovecanada001

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi all. I am applying in-Canada class spousal sponsorship + OWP. My application was received 17th Oct. I have not received AOR so far, looking at the spreadsheet it seems waiting for 50-60 days for AOR is the norm, which is fine except comes December I'll be coming really close to the 6 month visitor limit from my original entry date of 18th June, which I put down in my application.

1. Should I apply to extend my visitor VISA now for peace of mind? Will it complicates my sponsorship application? Since implied status doesn't start until AOR is received, I'm afraid if they decide to return my application in a month for whatever reason then I will fall out of visitor status before I have a chance to resend the application, during holiday season no less.

2. Technically I went to Europe and came back at the end of September (no entry stamp though passport was scanned at kiosk) so am I correct in thinking that I'm safe for another 6 months? Even though I put June 18th as the original entry date in application, and all my proof of co-habitation in Canada and financial support materials are from August/September.

Is there anyone here in similar boat?

Thank you
1) I would recommend applying for an extension cause I was relying in imploed status and my application was returned for a missing document and I was out of staus and implied staus no longer existed so I had to apply to restore status when I resubmitted the application.
2)you have 6 months from your last date of entry in the country as a visitor

Reactions: steve258

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
1) there is no indication if you should also include the checklist for the OWP but I included it but the in spouse sponsorship checklist is a must
2) I paid the OWP and sponsorship fees separately so I could the receipts with the requisite forms. Seems you already paid all in one I would just insert it with the sponsorship checklist I am sure they should be able to see everything is one receipt
thank you soo much Golden_islandgal

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
1) yes it’s not specify. We included both but I guess we’ll have to wait to see if it matters as the only reference we have is from previous threads, saying that it doesn’t matter.
2) we paid separately. I’m curious if your receipt shows what you paid? Because the spouse sponsorship + processing fees are 550$ and OWP is 255$ which gives 805$. I would maybe print two receipts to put one with each application?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Doc Sent 30th Oct
Doc recvd 31st Oct
Applied for inland spousal PR (spouse on student visa)
Welcome! Please update your timeline in the spreadsheet. The link is in the first post of this thread.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
1) yes it’s not specify. We included both but I guess we’ll have to wait to see if it matters as the only reference we have is from previous threads, saying that it doesn’t matter.
2) we paid separately. I’m curious if your receipt shows what you paid? Because the spouse sponsorship + processing fees are 550$ and OWP is 255$ which gives 805$. I would maybe print two receipts to put one with each application?
1) I feel maybe it doesn't matter but it's easier for them to go through and process the paperwork

2) The receipt does not tell what the payment is for. I paid the sponsorship fees on one receipt and the OWP on another. If I had done it in one receipt I would copy the receipt and put the copied one with the OWP with a small note saying "copy" and maybe a notation that it includes sponsorship + processing fees and OWP

JonandAshley

Oct 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

My wife and I (PA) will be sending our spousal sponsorship application in this week. I have one question, I already have a OWP valid until July 2020.
Shpuld I apply for a new one with our application or not? or is there something else we should do?

Many thanks and good luck everyone.
Jon

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi everyone,

My wife and I (PA) will be sending our spousal sponsorship application in this weeko. I have one question, I already have a OWP valid until July 2020.
Shpuld I apply for a new one with our application or not? or is there something else we should do?

Many thanks and good luck everyone.
Jon
Welcome! Since it takes an average of 12 months, I think you would be better with an new one. I am unsure of the process but Im sure someone has shared it on the forum.

Since the inland thread are separated by month the application is sent/physically received, I would suggest that you create a November thread if its not done already. It would help also to compare timelines.

Reactions: JonandAshley