+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
PR + OWP + Application to Restore Status submitted

Posted: Oct 18
Received: Oct 22

NB. Had previously submitted PR + OWP Sept 17 and application was returned October 17 for missing NOA (not sure how we missed that in packaging). Had to apply to restore status because we didn't apply to extend and I was by then out of status and implied status no longer existed with OWP being returned.
How long did it take for your restoration of status to be approved?

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017

Posted: Oct 18
Received: Oct 22

NB. Had previously submitted PR + OWP Sept 17 and application was returned October 17 for missing NOA (not sure how we missed that in packaging). Had to apply to restore status because we didn't apply to extend and I was by then out of status and implied status no longer existed with OWP being returned.
Hi there,
Can I ask you one question? How did you apply for the restoration application with the spousal paper-based application?

Reactions: KuroNeko26

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Think you misinterpreted my post. The application for restoration was posted with the OWP and PR and Oct 18 and received by CPC on Oct 22.
Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but from what I read around on a couple fourms, I thought you couldn't apply for the OWP with your PR again if you lose status if it gets returned to you and it has to be just the PR application if you're out of status?

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but from what I read around on a couple fourms, I thought you couldn't apply for the OWP with your PR again if you lose status if it gets returned to you and it has to be just the PR application if you're out of status?
How about implied status? My wife is on implied status right now. is she eligible to apply OWP application along with Spousal PR application?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
How about implied status? My wife is on implied status right now. is she eligible to apply OWP application along with Spousal PR application?
I would assume so since implied status just means your status is automatically extended while you're waiting for an answer on your app but I would get an answer from someone who knows for sure. I submitted my PR+OWP along with my second extension last week since my status expires on November 1st and wanted to have legal status in case my PR+OWP gets returned for whatever reason. If it gets denied I'm going to try for restoration of status but hopefully it wont have to come to that since I just overthink everything haha.

Reactions: lovecanada001

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi there,
Can I ask you one question? How did you apply for the restoration application with the spousal paper-based application?
I just did the paper restoration application and submitted along with everything else. IRCC website says you can submitt paper restoration application in circumstances where you apply for PR (don't recall where I have read it). I have also seen on forums where persons say they were in the same situation as I am and contacted IRCC and was advised by the agent to submit application for restoration, OWP and PR. I know I will not get the OWP unless and until status is restored which sometimes is several months into the processing of the PR, but personally I rather the records reflect I am not intentionally trying to be out of status. Also I read it goes a great way in the event CBSA comes knocking at your door.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
You can apply you just won't get the OWP until you get the AIP or if you applied for restoration of status and received it.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Another questions in the list please answer.

Wife is on Visitor Status, hold UK passport. When she entered last time in Canada, she never got stamp on passport as she went through self serve thing.

So, once again What should we do for below question according to checklist?

"If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide proof of your status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, study permit, work permit, etc."

Now how can we provide proof of VISITOR status..any one
Should we just write explanation letter?

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Another questions in the list please answer.

Wife is on Visitor Status, hold UK passport. When she entered last time in Canada, she never got stamp on passport as she went through self serve thing.

So, once again What should we do for below question according to checklist?

"If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide proof of your status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, study permit, work permit, etc."

Now how can we provide proof of VISITOR status..any one
Should we just write explanation letter?
When I came they didn't stamp my passport either and from reading IRCC website that means you have 6 months in the country. I submitted my passport and all pages that had stamps before. I presume they check their records and know when you enter the country and up to when you have in the country

Reactions: strssincanada

sheetanshu

Oct 17, 2019
When do we get the AOR? i can check the package was delivered on 22-Oct but still haven't received any message or mail from them. It has been 2 days.

us.toban.2be

Mar 5, 2019
Congrats! Why did it took so long? It seems this application is stressful for many. Check on the website if it's possible to have it refunded. I think if you paid wrong fees you can ask for refund.
It's kinda complicated. I moved with my family to Cambodia when I was 20, and my dad didn't realize he was supposed to register in the "village" we lived in. I moved to Canada 1.5 years later on a closed Work Permit, worked for several years, quit my job to marry my Canadian citizen husband, and started this process. Since we hadn't registered when I lived there, the officials at first refused to give my dad (who was applying for me) the PCC. After lots of prayers, time and money, we finally got the PCC.

Anyone know an approximate wait time on OWP? I'm so ready to have that so we can move on with health card, etc.!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
It's kinda complicated. I moved with my family to Cambodia when I was 20, and my dad didn't realize he was supposed to register in the "village" we lived in. I moved to Canada 1.5 years later on a closed Work Permit, worked for several years, quit my job to marry my Canadian citizen husband, and started this process. Since we hadn't registered when I lived there, the officials at first refused to give my dad (who was applying for me) the PCC. After lots of prayers, time and money, we finally got the PCC.

Anyone know an approximate wait time on OWP? I'm so ready to have that so we can move on with health card, etc.!
it's about 3 months

Siyyyu_Chang

Oct 21, 2019
Hi, everyone.

Wanna to share my timeline here
Inland: Ontario
Mailed: Oct 17
Received: Oct 21

My husband is PA, he was previously holding open work permit. We applied bridge work permit extension when I was waiting my PR. His wp declined due to my status changed to PR and he is not qualify to apply open work permit which under the category of foreign worker. Then we applied restore status as visitor on Sept 27.
We submitted our application PR + OWP on Oct 17 by Canadapost, and documents received on Oct 21.

Fingercross.