+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Awww no! How did they return it? Via the same courier you sent it with or Canada Post?
We sent it Canada post and it was returned Canada post. They sent a letter explaining what was missing with the form missing highlighted so it was super easy to know what I had done sting and correct it. I just put the NOA on the very top with a new cover letter explaining that I was resending with the required information.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
We sent it Canada post and it was returned Canada post. They sent a letter explaining what was missing with the form missing highlighted so it was super easy to know what I had done sting and correct it. I just put the NOA on the very top with a new cover letter explaining that I was resending with the required information.
Thank you for that! I'm sorry that it happened but it at least it was only 3 weeks rather than the 6 we thought and it was easy to correct!

Reactions: Jodilibra

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Thank you for that! I'm sorry that it happened but it at least it was only 3 weeks rather than the 6 we thought and it was easy to correct!
i came to canada 6 months back and sponsored my child...so dont have any notice of assessment . will that create any issue..i provided offer letter and salary slips.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
i came to canada 6 months back and sponsored my child...so dont have any notice of assessment . will that create any issue..i provided offer letter and salary slips.
The NOA is only needed for the sponsor not the PA

But I know there's another form that the sponsor can get if they don't have their NOA it's called a Proof of Income Statement Option C is what it has to have on it otherwise they need to write a letter of explaining how the sponsor is gonna support the person they're sponsoring and provide proof of income. documentation

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
The NOA is only needed for the sponsor not the PA

But I know there's another form that the sponsor can get if they don't have their NOA it's called a Proof of Income Statement Option C is what it has to have on it otherwise they need to write a letter of explaining how the sponsor is gonna support the person they're sponsoring and provide proof of income. documentation
Aren't Both NOA and Proof of Income Statement Option C one will get after filing taxes?? I am a new immigrant here and since the financial year is not over year I don't have both.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
Aren't Both NOA and Proof of Income Statement Option C one will get after filing taxes?? I am a new immigrant here and since the financial year is not over year I don't have both.
Are you the sponsor or the person being sponsored? The sponsor (Canadian citizen etc) is the one who needs the NOA or income documents. At least for Spousal/Common law applications.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Yes, of it had come back after 6 weeks I’d be panicking a lot more- my common law spouse is here on a temporary work permit that expires in March so we are reeeealy hoping his OWP comes in before that! The spreadsheet gives me hope though.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Yes, if you look at the Guide it tells you what is required, there were either/or options and it also asked for an explanation if you couldn’t provide the NOA.

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thanks for responding!
Was the key that he had return ticket to his country of residence? We applied inland, so would my husband's country of residence not be here, or would it not be known by CBSA since we don't have an acknowledgement of receipt yet? I'm just wondring if once you have acknowledgment of receipt if CBSA also knows when you cross over, in which case you'd have to be totally transparent..
Yes the officer asked how long he would be staying in Canada and we said till the date of his return ticket. We also applied inland. Since we had no AOR yet we didn’t mention anything about our application but we were ready to explain it if we were asked. And my husband was planning to head back to our home country for a few days anyway so we weren’t lying or anything. I am not sure if the CBSA officers would know if we applied for PR or not so we thought it would be safer to just have a return ticket just in case.

Last edited:

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Yes the officer asked how long he would be staying in Canada and we said till the date of his return ticket. We also applied inland. Since we had no AOR yet we didn’t mention anything about our application but we were ready to explain it if we were asked. And my husband was planning to head back to our home country for a few days anyway so we weren’t lying or anything. I am not sure if the CBSA officers would know if we applied for PR or not so we thought it would be safer to just have a return ticket just in case.
Ah gotcha!
Yes, my concern is more for after the AOR, as for the last three years prior to applying we'd always just say he was visiting even and never had a return ticket and it was never a problem coming in and out from US, they literally asked no questions... my concern is once we receive AOR, what information does CBSA have, or would we be able to just continue to travel and say he was visiting or would they be made aware that there is an application.. I assume maybe there would be more questions with the OWP being in his passport as well? This seems to be a tough one to figure out as I don't think many people take the risk of traveling during the application process!

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Ah gotcha!
Yes, my concern is more for after the AOR, as for the last three years prior to applying we'd always just say he was visiting even and never had a return ticket and it was never a problem coming in and out from US, they literally asked no questions... my concern is once we receive AOR, what information does CBSA have, or would we be able to just continue to travel and say he was visiting or would they be made aware that there is an application.. I assume maybe there would be more questions with the OWP being in his passport as well? This seems to be a tough one to figure out as I don't think many people take the risk of traveling during the application process!
Oh based on what I've read in the forums, there shouldn't be a problem coming back in if you have a work permit. When I called CIC they said most importantly just make sure not to be away for too long :) I don't think CBSA would have any information on whether we're all applying for immigration or not..( Someone correct me if I'm wrong!) I was really worried about not being able to travel after receiving AOR so I called CIC to check if it was fine

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
My husband and I sent in his PR accplication on the 7th of October and according to the tracking number it got there less then a week later. Anyone know the wait time on when we will get a file number We worked so hard on that application and I worry so much! The stress is real lol

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello,

My spouse is on visitor visa, and i ll be sponsoring PR very soon. Can she write G1 test while on visitor visa to get same Adress proof as mine? Please let me know.

Thank you.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
My husband and I sent in his PR accplication on the 7th of October and according to the tracking number it got there less then a week later. Anyone know the wait time on when we will get a file number We worked so hard on that application and I worry so much! The stress is real lol
Hi @SolaceSkyWolf.

If you haven't as yet, I'd recommend that you enter your information on the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375

From there you and others can monitor the progress of the Inland October cohort.

From what I can see, at least one applicant from October has received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Their application was received on 2019-10-01 and AOR on 2019-11-14 (44 days including weekends). This may be indication that your AOR may come near the end of this coming week or early the following week. However, allow for the delay in the date you sent it as opposed to the date they received it. It is the latter that is more important.

We all understand your stress. As knowledge is power, the forum and the spreadsheet are your greatest tools to calm your nerves.

All the best.

Reactions: SolaceSkyWolf

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hello,

My spouse is on visitor visa, and i ll be sponsoring PR very soon. Can she write G1 test while on visitor visa to get same Adress proof as mine? Please let me know.

Thank you.
Hi @Kishorekish

I searched "G1 with visitor visa" in the forum search bar and found the following thread among the results:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-apply-for-a-g1-drivers-license-in-on-while-in-canada-on-visitor-visa.130559/#post-1990864

Please review.

I hop it helps.