+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Hi @SolaceSkyWolf.

If you haven't as yet, I'd recommend that you enter your information on the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375

From there you and others can monitor the progress of the Inland October cohort.

From what I can see, at least one applicant from October has received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Their application was received on 2019-10-01 and AOR on 2019-11-14 (44 days including weekends). This may be indication that your AOR may come near the end of this coming week or early the following week. However, allow for the delay in the date you sent it as opposed to the date they received it. It is the latter that is more important.

We all understand your stress. As knowledge is power, the forum and the spreadsheet are your greatest tools to calm your nerves.

All the best.
I'll do that when I can. And thank you for the reply!

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello,

I am still in early stages of sponsoring my wife Inland (No children)
I have the following documents:

1. Marriage Certificate
2. 22 wedding Photos
3. Flight Boarding Passes when i visited her.
4. Spouse PCC

4. My PR card
5. Spouse G1 or Ontario Photo ID card and Rental agreement shows both our name (To show we have same Residential adress)
6. Social media Facebook publishing screen shots (2).
7. Whats app chats (10-12 screen shots)
8. My Last 2 years NOA.
9. My Employment letter and pay slips.

Is there any other documents I should be aware of in getting them? Or this is it.

Please let me know Thank you.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hello!
My husband applied inland from USA. It just dawned on us that his passport expires August 29, 2020 and this is the passport we used for OWP and PR application.
It's super easy for him to renew his passport from here in Ottawa with either the US embassy or via mail. I'm just thinking ahead, as it will likely expire or about to be expired by the time we get the PR approved, and wondering if we renew if this will be an issue.
If we renew his passport, does this hinder the process as it's not the same passport that was used in the application for OWP and PR? Also, wouldn't want his work permit to expire on August 29 if he doesn't have PR status by then..
Does anyone know if we were to renew the passport now, would his open work permit/PR be able to apply to the new one? I'm so confused and can't get through to IRCC call centre to ask questions :(

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hello!
My husband applied inland from USA. It just dawned on us that his passport expires August 29, 2020 and this is the passport we used for OWP and PR application.
It's super easy for him to renew his passport from here in Ottawa with either the US embassy or via mail. I'm just thinking ahead, as it will likely expire or about to be expired by the time we get the PR approved, and wondering if we renew if this will be an issue.
If we renew his passport, does this hinder the process as it's not the same passport that was used in the application for OWP and PR? Also, wouldn't want his work permit to expire on August 29 if he doesn't have PR status by then..
Does anyone know if we were to renew the passport now, would his open work permit/PR be able to apply to the new one? I'm so confused and can't get through to IRCC call centre to ask questions :(
Also, if we don't have PR by the time his 6 month visitor status expires, which I highly doubt we will (April 2020 - baby due in March, kind of freaking out lol), does he have to leave and re-enter? Or does being in the application process exempt you from this need? Again, so confused and so hard to get straight/definite answers :(

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Also, if we don't have PR by the time his 6 month visitor status expires, which I highly doubt we will (April 2020 - baby due in March, kind of freaking out lol), does he have to leave and re-enter? Or does being in the application process exempt you from this need? Again, so confused and so hard to get straight/definite answers :(
Don't worry! You can apply for an extension of his visitor status. This is my husband and I's plan if he doesn't get his OWP on time. There's no guarantee of being accepted but if you have all the paperwork you should be ok. Just make sure you fill out everything a month prior to his departure date. And then from my understanding he has "implied status" until you hear back on wether he is good to stay or not.

Edit- Although I am not to sure what will go on as far as his passport expiring. And I don't know if being in the process of PR can put you in the implied status category but for some reason I don't think so. It would be nice tho lol. Hopefully someone here can answer that cause I am curious as well.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Don't worry! You can apply for an extension of his visitor status. This is my husband and I's plan if he doesn't get his OWP on time. There's no guarantee of being accepted but if you have all the paperwork you should be ok. Just make sure you fill out everything a month prior to his departure date. And then from my understanding he has "implied status" until you hear back on wether he is good to stay or not.

Edit- Although I am not to sure what will go on as far as his passport expiring. And I don't know if being in the process of PR can put you in the implied status category but for some reason I don't think so. It would be nice tho lol. Hopefully someone here can answer that cause I am curious as well.
Thank you! Do you know if OWP gives you implied status (for example in this case until his passport would expire in August 2020?). Good idea to extend visitor status if need be, I will mark in my calendar to do that in February with 6 months being in April! We also could easily go to the US for a visit prior to April, my concern is if there could be potential issues getting back in.. so much uncertainty in this process! Thanks for your help!

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Thank you! Do you know if OWP gives you implied status (for example in this case until his passport would expire in August 2020?). Good idea to extend visitor status if need be, I will mark in my calendar to do that in February with 6 months being in April! We also could easily go to the US for a visit prior to April, my concern is if there could be potential issues getting back in.. so much uncertainty in this process! Thanks for your help!
Yeah there is an expiry date that comes with the work permit so he will gain status with that and you don't have to worry about visitor status anymore. No worries! I know how stressful it is! No baby on the way for us but we are looking forward to just getting our lives going and he's going stir crazy not being able to work lol

Reactions: TriniKRN

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018

I believe the implied status is given by the application of the OWP, not the PR. Since paglimi's husband has an OWP application going on he should have implied status between April 2020 and whenever the OWP gets approved. I would think that if they applied in October (and if the application is not returned incomplete), they should receive the OWP before that date.

About the changing passport though, sorry I don't know if they can maybe renew the passport and inform IRCC of the changes.