+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2019 AOR

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,
I think I just received Passport Request Letter this morning. It showed as Information Letter.
it says: The processing of you application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.
AOR Oct 14th
CEC Inland
VO: CPC Edmonton
MED Pass Nov 08th
1st Ghost Update Nov 08th (right after MED pass)
2st Ghost Updaye Feb 18th
Information Letter: Passport Request Mar 06
Nothing changes in my profile. just received the letter and that's all.

Please tell me what should I do now and what will happen next?

Thank you all,
Hi @Mia.Ho,

Have you sent your photo and passport? Do you have a specific envelope size for Xpresspost envelope?

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hi @Mia.Ho,

Have you sent your photo and passport? Do you have a specific envelope size for Xpresspost envelope?
I sent it on Mar 07. I dont know about a specific size, I just walk into Canada Post and ask for XpressPost prepaid envelopes. They gave me one big one and small (enough room for A4 letter double fold)

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I sent it on Mar 07. I dont know about a specific size, I just walk into Canada Post and ask for XpressPost prepaid envelopes. They gave me one big one and small (enough room for A4 letter double fold)
Thank you for your response,
I’ll send mine as well.

jeha2620

Jan 27, 2020
Hi All,

I have a situation, My PR application got refused stating "you don't have valid job offer as claimed". In addition to that, work permit is not valid. However, bridging work permit was approved on Jan 27th which is valid for till Jan 26th, 2021 with all documents submitted. I have following questions, please assist.

1. Do I have time to reapply.. start from the beginning creating new EE profile, ITA etc /Appeal.
2 Am I eligible to work with bridging work permit?.

dave_1357

Sep 4, 2019
Hi All,

I have a situation, My PR application got refused stating "you don't have valid job offer as claimed". In addition to that, work permit is not valid. However, bridging work permit was approved on Jan 27th which is valid for till Jan 26th, 2021 with all documents submitted. I have following questions, please assist.

1. Do I have time to reapply.. start from the beginning creating new EE profile, ITA etc /Appeal.
Whats the reasoning or details for them stating you dont have a valid job offer? Is it something to do with the NOC or other?

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Whats the reasoning or details for them stating you dont have a valid job offer? Is it something to do with the NOC or other?
Hi@dave_1357

I'm no expert on this matter but is your job offer is LMIA based? if you claim points for valid job offer, you must have LMIA based job offer

Last edited:

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi - I got ppr yesterday. I had some questions so I rang today and the automated status still says eligibility under review and background check on progress.

Does the fact I got ppr really mean these stages are complete? I could not get through to speak to someone to ask and don’t have access to check online. Thanks

jeha2620

Jan 27, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

Here are my details which might help to consider for LMIA-Exempt Offer.

My employment was with closed work permit as intra company transferee which exempt from having LMIA while applying for PR CEC stream. Also, the certain condition should be met, like at least a year of work with same employer as full-time and similar roles/responsibilities. I have met those conditions and my employer also informed that the offer letter is LMIA exempt and provided one mentioning "Full Time Position" and continuous, I thought it would be sufficient to claim 50 points.

However, I have contacted IRCC help centre asking for detail, a representative said all documents are good except the offer letter which doesn't indicate, how long the job position will be valid after commence PR?. i.e. not met the condition "at least a year" according to valid LMIA-exempt offer letter. Means, it is mandatory to say the duration of employment at least to be a year after PR along with other things. She also advised that, she will send a note to CPC to re-consider the application and also informed me to submit the new offer letter with all details through web form.

I will post you guys update and sorry for the long post though.

Last edited:

jeha2620

Jan 27, 2020
IRCC contact centre said it was the period that missed in the offer letter. According to valid offer letter it should prove "at least for year" after PR will have full-time job. And she asked to raise web form with new letter to re-consider the application which is unlikely happen. However, I have planned to raise web form and will post the outcome in later days. Just hope for the best.