Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi All,

I hope all of you are doing ok, it been fairly quiet in this thread but I just wanted to say I am excited and relieved to have received my PR on Friday.

Dave
Congratulations:) such a great and much awaited news. Do you have outland dependents in your application?

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Is anybody from october aor waiting for pr cec
we are waiting. Got PPR on 8 March, passport delivered to Ottawa on March 12 but in the middle on June it returned without any stamping or CORP, just passport and that's all. Our issue is that the main applicant is inland and dependents outland. as per CIC manual, this kind of applications will not be granted PR untill dependents are able to travel

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Did you get any update?

I am in a similar situation
My spouse had her biometrics collection 3 days ago and i sent the receipt through webform. Now my account showing it like submitted. It now already 9 months . After biometric submission how many days it will take to get PPR request. Plz reply

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Has anyone who recently landed under the new process e.g sending landing letter and photo gotten pr card yet. Just wondering what the timelines are looking like. Is it really over 100 days?

I need to leave Canada in August and it seems crazy that I cant reenter without the physical card or applying for PRTD which would take too long to get.

zankhnad

May 6, 2020
My spouse had her biometrics collection 3 days ago and i sent the receipt through webform. Now my account showing it like submitted. It now already 9 months . After biometric submission how many days it will take to get PPR request. Plz reply
I am still waiting for the PPR.Its been 5 months my spouse had the biometric done.

Reactions: BIJITIN.P.C

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
I got gcms note today. Plz tell me what is it that mean. Thank you
Assessment
Eligibility: passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality : passed
Org crime;
Medical ; passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing : complete
Other refs:
Final:
Plz help me guys

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I got gcms note today. Plz tell me what is it that mean. Thank you
Assessment
Eligibility: passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality : passed
Org crime;
Medical ; passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing : complete
Other refs:
Final:
Plz help me guys
When Security is blank it means Security Screening is underway/completed. Do you also notice s15/s16 marked on your file towards the top right corner?
Your Admissibility section may also looks like this picture.

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
When Security is blank it means Security Screening is underway/completed. Do you also notice s15/s16 marked on your file towards the top right corner?
Your Admissibility section may also looks like this picture.

Yes I saw s 15 on the top right corner . What is that mean. What’s my current status says . Plz reply . Thank you

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Yes I saw s 15 on the top right corner . What is that mean. What’s my current status says . Plz reply . Thank you
Your application is at the Background check stage which includes Security Screening which is either underway or completed. Once completed it will move to the next step. s15 simply means information was withheld from disclosure under the Access to Information Act

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Section 15 on the top right corner refers to the section of Access to Information Act under which the information on that page has been redacted.

In your case it is section 15, which states:

The information not disclosed will be under a specific subsection of section 15. Section 15(1) states:

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(a) relating to military tactics or strategy, or relating to military exercises or operations undertaken in preparation for hostilities or in connection with the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(b) relating to the quantity, characteristics, capabilities or deployment of weapons or other defence equipment or of anything being designed, developed, produced or considered for use as weapons or other defence equipment;

(c) relating to the characteristics, capabilities, performance, potential, deployment, functions or role of any defence establishment, of any military force, unit or personnel or of any organization or person responsible for the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(d) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence relating to

(i) the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or

(ii) the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

(e) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence respecting foreign states, international organizations of states or citizens of foreign states used by the Government of Canada in the process of deliberation and consultation or in the conduct of international affairs;

(f) on methods of, and scientific or technical equipment for, collecting, assessing or handling information referred to in paragraph (d) or (e) or on sources of such information;

(g) on the positions adopted or to be adopted by the Government of Canada, governments of foreign states or international organizations of states for the purpose of present or future international negotiations;

(h) that constitutes diplomatic correspondence exchanged with foreign states or international organizations of states or official correspondence exchanged with Canadian diplomatic missions or consular posts abroad; or

(i) relating to the communications or cryptographic systems of Canada or foreign states used
(i) for the conduct of international affairs,
(ii) for the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or
(iii) in relation to the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities.
All security related info is redacted in the GCMS notes under section 15 or 16.

Most likely your security is in progress or completed, and this is very common. There is no need to be concerned about.

To read on s15 / 16 see https://bit.ly/31JXJ1Z

To read on how security is done and the procedure, see https://bit.ly/2CkerMv

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
So I got an update on the application yesterday from my Lawyer.

I am to provide additional Police Certificates for the time I spent previously In Poland (around 3.5 months to date, not consecutive, last 10 years) and for time spent in the Czech Republic (11 days total in 10 years),

Incredibly frustrating as it's not apart of the requirements for Mandatory Police Checks. I can somewhat understand the Polish one, I spent nearly 4 months there over a 1.5 year period (was seeing a Polish Girl whilst living in England), but it strikes me as odd for the Czech one as I have spent a total of 11 days vacation there total in the last 10 years. I have traveled to many countries over the last 10 years so I hope I am not trying to get Police checks from multiple countries I spent a vacation in.

Now I am dealing with Embassies and consulates and having to rush around with getting documents signed off, translated, sent to and from Europe, etc, etc. My Lawyer said it's in the best interest to get them and even if we can't get them in 30 days at least show all proof of attempts. (which I agree with and will get them and making every attempt to get them as soon as possible, never arrested etc).

Update to the above: The above was a new email on my portal on Friday the 7th March. I did get this morning ( 11th March) also via personal email from my online request:
  • The eligibility review is met.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

Regards,

Dave
I thought we only need to give PCC for places we have been in for 6 months or more right?? That’s so weird.....