Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM

Check this link, this is a parliamentary committee who has oversight of IRCC. They will have a meeting on Wednesday next week to talk about COVID-19 impact on the immigration system. We need to let them know that IRCC is ignoring our applications. I think they are a higher authority to which IRCC reports their work.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/ Here we are doing literarily the same. Just read last four pages

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Not actually, I have no dependents.
I meant applying to that Committee. Our issues look like in terms of primary applicant being in Canada and file finalization hugely delayed. If we address the Comittee at the same time - you from your side and we as deunited families there would be more chances to be heard. At least, I hope. We are sending our appeal on Monday

david1211

Mar 24, 2020
I meant applying to that Committee. Our issues look like in terms of primary applicant being in Canada and file finalization hugely delayed. If we address the Committee at the same time - you from your side and we as deunited families there would be more chances to be heard. At least, I hope. We are sending our appeal on Monday
They will hold a meeting on Wednesday talking about "the impact of COVID-19 on the immigration system". Do you know anyone in the same boat? Would you please PM me? Thanks.

Reactions: iravlad

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
They will hold a meeting on Wednesday talking about "the impact of COVID-19 on the immigration system". Do you know anyone in the same boat? Would you please PM me? Thanks.
we have 49 signatures under our petition, we are all in the same leaky boat, permanently sinking

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
My AOR is 31st Oct 2019. Since medical passed on Nov 2019, no updates. No request for remedical either, cos my medical would have expired in Nov 2020

Vicky28

Feb 9, 2021
Received AoR in Oct 2019. Applying from US. CPC-Ottawa. Waiting for CoPR.

Ordered GCMS notes. On last page there are 2 main comments:

1. Nov 27, 2019: Agent Review: Police Certificates R10 OK; no A36 concerns evident. Criminality Decision Passed.
2. OFFICER REVIEW updated Mar 25th , 2020: "File reviewed. Eligibility passed, criminality passed. All requirements met. Approved."

Questions about GCMS notes:
- They asked me for updated Additonal Family Information form on Mar 20th 2020. Provided promptly and notes state that they received it on Mar 25 2020. Tips to confirm if they reviewed the Additonal Family Information form?
- Provided biometrics in Nov 2019. Under INFO SHARING section, there is an update in Mar 2020 where biometrics status changes from NRT (No Record Trace). How to confirm if my biometrics was accepted?

There is no update or movement in the application in the notes anywhere in GCMS notes or CIC after April 2020. What are my next steps? Anyone I can call/email/text to push things along? Is it normal for processing to take so long?

Would really appreciate if folks can share their experiences or what worked for them.

Additional Info: Under FINALIZE APPLICATION section, DOCUMENT ISSUANCE, there is an entry for COPR with Status: Not Started

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Received AoR in Oct 2019. Applying from US. CPC-Ottawa. Waiting for CoPR.

Ordered GCMS notes. On last page there are 2 main comments:

1. Nov 27, 2019: Agent Review: Police Certificates R10 OK; no A36 concerns evident. Criminality Decision Passed.
2. OFFICER REVIEW updated Mar 25th , 2020: "File reviewed. Eligibility passed, criminality passed. All requirements met. Approved."

Questions about GCMS notes:
- They asked me for updated Additonal Family Information form on Mar 20th 2020. Provided promptly and notes state that they received it on Mar 25 2020. Tips to confirm if they reviewed the Additonal Family Information form?
- Provided biometrics in Nov 2019. Under INFO SHARING section, there is an update in Mar 2020 where biometrics status changes from NRT (No Record Trace). How to confirm if my biometrics was accepted?

There is no update or movement in the application in the notes anywhere in GCMS notes or CIC after April 2020. What are my next steps? Anyone I can call/email/text to push things along? Is it normal for processing to take so long?

Would really appreciate if folks can share their experiences or what worked for them.

Additional Info: Under FINALIZE APPLICATION section, DOCUMENT ISSUANCE, there is an entry for COPR with Status: Not Started
If you are currently in Canada, you need to contact your local Member of Parliament asap. Furnish every detail you got from the GCMS notes. They’ll definitely look into what went wrong and communicate back.

If you are currently outside Canada, you are unfortunately one amongst thousands of applicants with the exact same case. If you have relatives and friends (including common-law partner) in Canada, you can make such relatives communicate with their local MP. But in the absence of any friend/relative, all you can do is wait.

Vicky28

Feb 9, 2021
If you are currently in Canada, you need to contact your local Member of Parliament asap. Furnish every detail you got from the GCMS notes. They’ll definitely look into what went wrong and communicate back.

If you are currently outside Canada, you are unfortunately one amongst thousands of applicants with the exact same case. If you have relatives and friends (including common-law partner) in Canada, you can make such relatives communicate with their local MP. But in the absence of any friend/relative, all you can do is wait.
Thank you for the tip. I'll try that. Are you aware of any friends or family still waiting for CoPR who got their AOR in late 2019? My TOEFL, medical etc worked have expired but no retest either. Many people on other threads seemed to have gotten.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Thank you for the tip. I'll try that. Are you aware of any friends or family still waiting for CoPR who got their AOR in late 2019? My TOEFL, medical etc worked have expired but no retest either. Many people on other threads seemed to have gotten.
Yes. One of my close friends has applied from the US with AOR November 2019.
His medicals and other relevant parameters have been extended with no request for retest.
The local MP where his girlfriend (not even common-law) resides has given assurance that they are looking into so that he can arrive by September.

Nikishilpa

Feb 22, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
kindly suggest If I can go for upfront medical. Aor Oct 2019, however, my agent is not suggesting to do so.