+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

etaoin

Nov 7, 2017
I had my medical on Feb 5th which I passed. No update since then, ECAS shows in progress on both sponsor and applicant side. Application was submitted 17 Oct 2018. Is this normal? A little worried as so many people have had DM already.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I had my medical on Feb 5th which I passed. No update since then, ECAS shows in progress on both sponsor and applicant side. Application was submitted 17 Oct 2018. Is this normal? A little worried as so many people have had DM already.
I would definitely call and ask what the status of your file is. You might get no info (as they are apparently processing Sept 2018 files), but it’s worth a try. Then you might consider ordering GCMS notes. We did this three times since our application was received Nov 13/18, and it seemed to us that we had movement in our file each time about the same time the notes arrived. Here is an excellent link on how to order them:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

I hope that you hear good news soon!

Reactions: etaoin and Geno.uss

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Question: after landing interview. How long do we have to wait for the actual pr card?
Are we allowed to go out of the country without the actual card?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Question: after landing interview. How long do we have to wait for the actual pr card?
Are we allowed to go out of the country without the actual card?
They say its 11 days on average on CIC site but it all depends on where you live, where do you live?
And yes you need to have the actual card before travelling or else you'll have to apply for PRTD abroad to be able to come back to Canada

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Just wondering how you made out with sending additional proof of cohabitation. What did the immigration consultant advise? What kind of things did you end up sending them? and What was the response from IRCC, was the additional proof you provided enough? Thanks for updating us
Hi,

I went to a consultant but it was useless cause they wanted us to sign a contract with them and pay $2500 so we decided against that

We sent the papers this weekend so we will get an answer in the next 10 days or 2 weeks.
We sent the rent contract, driving licenses showing same address, bank account, utility bill all have our names and the address on them. According to ircc website those are enough.

Good luck and wish us luck...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,

I went to a consultant but it was useless cause they wanted us to sign a contract with them and pay $2500 so we decided against that

We sent the papers this weekend so we will get an answer in the next 10 days or 2 weeks.
We sent the rent contract, driving licenses showing same address, bank account, utility bill all have our names and the address on them. According to ircc website those are enough.

Good luck to you guys :)

Reactions: Ashie and mightymoe

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi,

You will be fine, I’m sure. CIC needs to do due diligence, and it sounds like you’ve sent in what they require. With all you sent, I can’t imagine that they would still have doubts. Looking forward to reading good news from you soon!

etaoin

Nov 7, 2017
I would definitely call and ask what the status of your file is. You might get no info (as they are apparently processing Sept 2018 files), but it’s worth a try. Then you might consider ordering GCMS notes. We did this three times since our application was received Nov 13/18, and it seemed to us that we had movement in our file each time about the same time the notes arrived. Here is an excellent link on how to order them:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

I hope that you hear good news soon!
Thank you, I requested GCMS notes yesterday evening, received AIP this afternoon! Maybe a coincidence but I'll take it :D

Reactions: Ashie

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
We received our interview letter today! AND it is for this coming Monday in Hamilton! Strange thing is the IRCC website doesn't show anything. NO DM, last correspondence was June 24 for my husbands eligibility. Oh well, good news is we are almost done! YAY

Reactions: Ashie and barsarah

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
They say its 11 days on average on CIC site but it all depends on where you live, where do you live?
And yes you need to have the actual card before travelling or else you'll have to apply for PRTD abroad to be able to come back to Canada
Im from vancouver

Reactions: Geno.uss

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
We’ll be having interview next day. I reviewed the email my consultant sent me.
It says there we have to bring the RPRF proof of payment.
We have lot’s of receipts and I am not sure if my RPRF was already included on those.
We payed 1,040cad.
Do we still need to pay another 490cad?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
We’ll be having interview next day. I reviewed the email my consultant sent me.
It says there we have to bring the RPRF proof of payment.
We have lot’s of receipts and I am not sure if my RPRF was already included on those.
We payed 1,040cad.
Do we still need to pay another 490cad?
Ooopps. Found it!
Sponsorship fee 75cad
Principal applicant processing fee 475cad
RPRF 490cad

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Finally, I got the landing interview for next week after waiting 3months on background check.

Schedule for next week 26 July, 2019.
Happy