Timeline for my husband:
Application received (PR+OWP): Oct 26, 2018
AOR Received: Nov 14, 2018
MR Request: Jan 3, 2019
MR Done: Jan 15, 2019
MR Passed:
BGC:
OWP:

I am seeing that some people have to submit fingerprints and some do not for the BGC. We submitted a PCC with our application. We are going away for a wedding, does anyone think we should get the fingerprints done now just in case we get the BGC request for fingerprints while we are gone? We'll be gone for the month of February 2019.
see some people from south Americans got fingerprinters requested like people from brazil... but i didnt get fingerprints request tho

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
On the IRCC website, it seems to say they have started processing work permit applications received on October 11... Am I understanding this properly?

I know a lot of the September 2018 inland applicants are still waiting for their OWP.

Should we start getting excited?

Reactions: dstpcansgirlfriend

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
On the IRCC website, it seems to say they have started processing work permit applications received on October 11... Am I understanding this properly?

I know a lot of the September 2018 inland applicants are still waiting for their OWP.

Should we start getting excited?
Interesting! I don't put much stock in what the IRCC website says, but that would be awesome if it were true. We're October 11 applicants, and I think my partner is starting to get a bit nuts at home. At least a work permit would bring him the stress of finding a job, rather than the boredom of sitting at home :)

AndHern15

Nov 16, 2018
So, for the people that already pass the medical exam. What are the status in the webpage for (I show mine) I think our background check hasn't started yet.:
Review of eligibility / Your application is in progress
Background check / Not applicable
Final decision / your application is in progress
Thanks!

Reactions: baimmeb

Innay

Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have some exciting updates of my application status to share.

I just found on MyCIC account that my OWP application status being changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and meanwhile my PR application status changed to "processing background check". Currently I haven't got OWP approved yet though. According to other people''s experience, generally it happens the same day or the next day?

I am a Oct 5th applicator, below is my timeline:

App received: October 5(but for my OWP application, it show as September 28, which is weird because my paper files was delivered to CPC Mississauga on October 5.
AOR received: October 25
MR received: December 14
Medical Exam finished: December 21
Medical Exam passed: December 21
Background check started: January 16

Waiting for OWP...

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
So, for the people that already pass the medical exam. What are the status in the webpage for (I show mine) I think our background check hasn't started yet.:
Review of eligibility / Your application is in progress
Background check / Not applicable
Final decision / your application is in progress
Thanks!
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My BGC must have updated today :eek: Didn't see that this morning, Got nothing in my email.

My OWP still states that: 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.'

Hopefully things start moving soon! :)

Reactions: AndHern15