+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Innay

Jan 16, 2019
Congrats!

I sent mine off on October 4th and it was received on Oct 10th. (AOR:Oct 30th) Hopefully it won't be long until I get mine too! :)

Can you get your SIN reactivated before you get the physical copy of the visa, does anyone know? Is there some form of document you can present beforehand? I have a job to go back to here in New Brunwsick and they're getting a little edgy about how long it's taking so if I don't have to wait for the physical copy it'd be much less stressful.
already have online account but unable to link the applications, it says cannot find the app, tried various ways, not sure whats the issue.
The key to successfully link you OWP app to you online account is about the question of how many people is related to the app(I don't remember the exact question but they are asking the number of the people), and the right answer generally is 2.(one OWP applicant plus one sponsor) That's how I get my OWP app linked. Try it and good luck!

Sasazhao

Dec 7, 2018
1. Checklist
2. Payment Receipts
3. OWP Form
4. Copy of last work permit
5. Passport copies
6. Marriage certificate (Wife's a citizen)
7. Proof of funds

These are the documents that I remember from the top of my head. Everything was included in the PR application too but I put in extra copies and made a separate bundle for OWP.
Thanks for your reply
I hope my application will be fine because I thought this type of work permit is almost 100% granted ......

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
My husband completed his medical exam today. If anyone is in the Winnipeg area, we would highly recommend Dr. Fogel. He was awesome. Now, we wait...

October 24th: Inland Application & Open Work Permit Application sent
October 25th: Received by CIC
November 9th: AOR received
November 14th: Application linked to GCKey
November 19th: OWP Application linked to GCKey
January 8th: MR requested
January 18th: MR completed

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Hello you have the exact same timeline with me. I'm kind of worrying my owp now and it's almost 4 months... Please keep me informed if you have any update. Thank you~
Don't worry. I will keep you posted. I am in the same boat as you. Getting a tiny bit worried but still hopeful that it will come through next week. :)

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello you have the exact same timeline with me. I'm kind of worrying my owp now and it's almost 4 months... Please keep me informed if you have any update. Thank you~
Congrat for those who have been approved. Me too im getting nerveous. My application was received october 3 but im still waiting for OWP. Also my background check has not started. Hoping to get it by next week.

mia04

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
October 21
Med's Request
December 11
Med's Done....
January 15
Same...
I'm still waiting for owp.
I passed medical check on Tuesday.
-October 1st applicant.

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Same...
I'm still waiting for owp.
I passed medical check on Tuesday.
-October 1st applicant.
Looks like the the first 5 days of October applicants are still waiting for their OWP.

@baimmeb don't worry about BGC. Mid October applicants are getting their BGC rather quickly. Betting on next week for yours. :)

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Backgroud processing started :) no update on work permit yet ...

My timeline:

Application sent : October 4, 2018
Application received : October 9, 2018
AOR received : October 26, 2018
PR linked : October 26, 2018
OWP linked : October 29, 2018
MR Received: December 14, 2018
MR Done: December 17. 2018
MR Passed: December 28,2018
Background Processing: Jan 17, 2019
OWP: Waiting
We have the same timeline for everything up to now.