+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Exciting news!

My OWP was approved just now.(on my online account)

I'm an Octobe 5 applicant.

Good luck to everybody here!
Congrats!

I sent mine off on October 4th and it was received on Oct 10th. (AOR:Oct 30th) Hopefully it won't be long until I get mine too! :)

Can you get your SIN reactivated before you get the physical copy of the visa, does anyone know? Is there some form of document you can present beforehand? I have a job to go back to here in New Brunwsick and they're getting a little edgy about how long it's taking so if I don't have to wait for the physical copy it'd be much less stressful.

Last edited:

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Congrats!

I sent mine off on October 4th and it was received on Oct 10th. (AOR:Oct 30th) Hopefully it won't be long until I get mine too! :)

Can you get your SIN reactivated before you get the physical copy of the visa, does anyone know? Is there some form of document you can present beforehand? I have a job to go back to here in New Brunwsick and they're getting a little edgy about how long it's taking so if I don't have to wait for the physical copy it'd be much less stressful.
You need the physical work permit in order to get the SIN. Usually doesn't take long for it to arrive after the email confirmation, though.

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Backgroud processing started :) no update on work permit yet ...

My timeline:

Application sent : October 4, 2018
Application received : October 9, 2018
AOR received : October 26, 2018
PR linked : October 26, 2018
OWP linked : October 29, 2018
MR Received: December 14, 2018
MR Done: December 17. 2018
MR Passed: December 28,2018
Background Processing: Jan 17, 2019
OWP: Waiting

Reactions: Betabr

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Backgroud processing started :) no update on work permit yet ...

My timeline:

Application sent : October 4, 2018
Application received : October 9, 2018
AOR received : October 26, 2018
PR linked : October 26, 2018
OWP linked : October 29, 2018
MR Received: December 14, 2018
MR Done: December 17. 2018
MR Passed: December 28,2018
Background Processing: Jan 17, 2019
OWP: Waiting
Wow you have almost the exact timeline as me. Got my BGC started today too. Fingers crossed our OWPs get updated soon! :)

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Anyone in this thread have to have medicals done for themselves and children? I feel like everyone else has no dependents. We have finished principle applicant and 1 dependent medical, the other 2 will be in a few weeks due to timing. Let's see what happens with our timeline.

Reactions: baimmeb

PMMEYOURPIC

Jul 27, 2014
Thank you.
Here’s my timeline:
PR + OWP application
Application received: 0ct.26
AOR: Nov.14
MR: Jan.7
OWP: waiting. :)
Hi One question!
I applied PR + OWP around Oct end. Got medical request last week. But i have no idea about the open work permit application, i am worried if the application is complete. It doesnt even show on ecas, it only shows PR app when i enter the application number provided in the AOR i got in mid November. Is there a way to check if the OWP is processing fine.

Reactions: Roch6219

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi One question!
I applied PR + OWP around Oct end. Got medical request last week. But i have no idea about the open work permit application, i am worried if the application is complete. It doesnt even show on ecas, it only shows PR app when i enter the application number provided in the AOR i got in mid November. Is there a way to check if the OWP is processing fine.
Hi, your OWP will not show on ecas. First you need to create an online account, then you link your OWP and your PR to that account. Then you will be able to check the status of your OWP.

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
hi . just wanna ask if does anyone here that had a previous medical exam that is 9or 8 months ago but still cic requested another medical exam? because i thought that the validity of the medical exam is 12 months? i had medical exam last april 2018 and i submit it together with my application but today i still got a medical request..

Reactions: Sasazhao

PMMEYOURPIC

Jul 27, 2014
Hi, your OWP will not show on ecas. First you need to create an online account, then you link your OWP and your PR to that account. Then you will be able to check the status of your OWP.
already have online account but unable to link the applications, it says cannot find the app, tried various ways, not sure whats the issue.

Sasazhao

Dec 7, 2018
Thought medical exam results are submitted by the doctor through their system.
Wonder what you submitted ?
I thought we don’t even get the results

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
already have online account but unable to link the applications, it says cannot find the app, tried various ways, not sure whats the issue.
Believe me, it is a hassle to link your OWP application to your online account. You have to try it out multiple times until you get something right.

Sasazhao

Dec 7, 2018
Exciting to see some owp approved!!;):)
Hope all you receive owp this month so I will get it next month!!:)
Wondering the owp application is processed by the same officer or a different one?
As one of my friends owp application was a package including a checklist and some other documents.
But mine is only one form plus the payment receipts.
How about you guys? Was your owp application more than one form??

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Exciting to see some owp approved!!;):)
Hope all you receive owp this month so I will get it next month!!:)
Wondering the owp application is processed by the same officer or a different one?
As one of my friends owp application was a package including a checklist and some other documents.
But mine is only one form plus the payment receipts.
How about you guys? Was your owp application more than one form??
1. Checklist
2. Payment Receipts
3. OWP Form
4. Copy of last work permit
5. Passport copies
6. Marriage certificate (Wife's a citizen)
7. Proof of funds

These are the documents that I remember from the top of my head. Everything was included in the PR application too but I put in extra copies and made a separate bundle for OWP.

Reactions: Sasazhao