+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
My Application so far:
Submitted Application via Canada Post - 10 Oct. 2018 (PR + OWP + SCHEDULE A)
Application received by CIC Mississauga - 12 Oct. 2018
Correspondence Sent by CIC:
- Payment request 08 November, 2018 (Payment must be received no later than 23 Nov. 2018)
- Payment Sent and received on the 22 November, 2018 and received by CIC Mississauga on the 23 Nov. 2018
Application Processing started 26 Nov, 2018
PR Application Linked on the 29 Nov, 2018
OWP Application Linked on the 29 Nov, 2018
MR Requested on the 21 Dec, 2018
MR Done on the 27 Dec, 2018
MR Submitted 05 Jan, 2019
MR Passed on the 14 Jan, 2019
Does any know what is next please and do anyone have an idea how long we would have to wait for any future correspondence...…..?

Reactions: baimmeb

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
My Application so far:
Submitted Application via Canada Post - 10 Oct. 2018 (PR + OWP + SCHEDULE A)
Application received by CIC Mississauga - 12 Oct. 2018
Correspondence Sent by CIC:
- Payment request 08 November, 2018 (Payment must be received no later than 23 Nov. 2018)
- Payment Sent and received on the 22 November, 2018 and received by CIC Mississauga on the 23 Nov. 2018
Application Processing started 26 Nov, 2018
PR Application Linked on the 29 Nov, 2018
OWP Application Linked on the 29 Nov, 2018
MR Requested on the 21 Dec, 2018
MR Done on the 27 Dec, 2018
MR Submitted 05 Jan, 2019
MR Passed on the 14 Jan, 2019
Does any know what is next please and do anyone have an idea how long we would have to wait for any future correspondence...…..?
you can update our timeline under your signature...

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
For everyone who passed their medical checks; Congratulations. Next step will be your background check status will change to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Here's a question I am hoping someone can answer. I applied toward the end of September, but my application wasn't received until October 8th, so I suppose that makes me an October applicant. The 3-4 month waiting for the OWP with PR, does that start from the date that the application was received, or the date of the AOR, or something else? I am hoping it is getting close because my employers are starting to consider letting me go after my current leave of absence period is done. 3-4 months from October 8th (if 'application received' date is the one to go from) should mean I am not far away now. My AOR was emailed to me on October 30th, which is 3 weeks roughly down the line, and quite the difference in the scheme of things.

Hope someone can answer for me.

Thanks.

I’m wondering the same thing! Does the 4 month waiting period begin when the application was received, or from the date of AOR?

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
you can update our timeline under your signature...
Hi,
I have just checked my application status this morning and below is what I saw which means that all the additional documents I submitted is currently being reviewed.

Do you or anyone else have any similar sequence of application status as seen below?

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

I just want to confirm if this is just a normal standard or I am experiencing some special attention.

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I'm applying from Quebec.
My timeline is:

23 OCT - App. and OWP sent and received by CIC
8 NOV - AOR received
14 NOV - CSQ request received
15 NOV - CSQ application sent to MIDI
16 NOV - CSQ application received by MIDI
26 NOV - AOR of CSQ received by mail
05 DEC - CSQ approval and CSQ received by mail

I have no more news since then..
Should I be worried because I haven't received a Medical Exam request?

Also, I linked the applications to my CIC account in GCkey long ago, should my husband have an account and link them too?
I see that many people receive messages for the applicant and the sponsor, in different accounts, I don't get it..

Thank you!

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
My timeline is:

8 NOV - AOR received

Also, I linked the applications to my CIC account in GCkey long ago, should my husband have an account and link them too?
I see that many people receive messages for the applicant and the sponsor, in different accounts, I don't get it..

Thank you!
Wow! My CSQ app was received by MIDI and they sent AOR before yours, yet we only got the CSQ a few days ago... I was going crazy!!! They were telling me we were being impatient and that this was normal, now I see it wasn't at all.

I think the Holidays kind of slowed things down for some of us? In between the bank holidays and some employees taking time off. I would call them if I were you.

Reactions: andreajuliet27

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Wow! My CSQ app was received by MIDI and they sent AOR before yours, yet we only got the CSQ a few days ago... I was going crazy!!! They were telling me we were being impatient and that this was normal, now I see it wasn't at all.

I think the Holidays kind of slowed things down for some of us? In between the bank holidays and some employees taking time off. I would call them if I were you.
Thank you! at what number should I call them?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
My timeline is:

8 NOV - AOR received

Thank you!
I got AOR on Nov. 10th and got my medical exam request last week. Someone who got their AOR a week before me got their medical request AFTER me, so... expect a medical request any day now.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I’m wondering the same thing! Does the 4 month waiting period begin when the application was received, or from the date of AOR?
I had understood it to be from date received, as PR and OWP are two different applications. Maybe someone who has already received OWP can clarify for us.

Reactions: Jessica_D

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018

inn0993

Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone, new here.
Timeline for my husband:
Application received (PR+OWP): Oct 26, 2018
AOR Received: Nov 14, 2018
MR Request: Jan 3, 2019
MR Done: Jan 15, 2019
MR Passed:
BGC:
OWP:

I am seeing that some people have to submit fingerprints and some do not for the BGC. We submitted a PCC with our application. We are going away for a wedding, does anyone think we should get the fingerprints done now just in case we get the BGC request for fingerprints while we are gone? We'll be gone for the month of February 2019.