AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
This request looks similar to what a helpful forum member shared earlier from their PCC request. So could be generic. I don't have too much go by on this but I'd have thought a request for RCMP would be a lot more specific. That said, I'm not sure how you can confirm this without factoring in the risk of delay if indeed they did require RCMP. The call center folks aren't really trained to answer to this kind of specificity or even on current changes. Perhaps search in the forum before you decide get one?
Hmm yes i am actually now trying to figure out what to do as on another thread i replied on for something else someone has said that thats generic and i wont need a canadian one. But it sure sounds like i do, why would they word it like that?! They say "and" not "or". Then when you click the question mark where youve to upload it says you I need a canadian one (but that is also generic).

They sure like to keep us on our toes!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
they say, send pcc for anyplace you have lived for a long time in your adult life. so all the places you provided on the application form, you have to get PCC from those countries.

this is what they have in their request:
This is exactly what i have... I took that as i have to supply a canadian one..because thats where i currently live?! No? But now reading on the forum im not sure! o_O

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
:(:(
I am living in the United States for 18 years and this is where I spent most my adulthood. However I have lived in 4 different countries other than the United States and each place I spent more than 6 months. As posse says, in the PCC letter it sure sounds like I don't need any PCC other than from the USA. So I followed the instruction of the letter, just submitted the one from the USA. But here is something I am worrying...when I open MyCIC it does say "Police Certificate(multiple)(required)"! And when you open a little "?" beside the box, this comes up...

I am quite worried here:(
If you've spent more than 6 months in a country, even if only cumulatively, you need to provide PCC from that country. Only exception by default is Canada. If you're worried about not getting all certs in time, I think other forum members have said they sent a letter of explanation along with some proof of having applied for the certs (receipts, confirmation messages, etc.) In any case, I don't believe there's any cause for worry. CIC will just send you a message asking you to upload the ones they're missing I think.

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hmm yes i am actually now trying to figure out what to do as on another thread i replied on for something else someone has said that thats generic and i wont need a canadian one. But it sure sounds like i do, why would they word it like that?! They say "and" not "or". Then when you click the question mark where youve to upload it says you I need a canadian one (but that is also generic).

They sure like to keep us on our toes!
Yeah, I'm surprised the generic requests don't say "except Canada for the time being" or some such. And to be clear, clicking on the question mark says you don't need one, yes? I'd just screencap that and submit certs from other countries. Maybe include a LoE.

Did a search on the forum produce anything? I just looked for RCMP (with "recent" in adv search) and this came up: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-request.533387/#post-6581602. It's not Family Sponsorship but the police cert instructions (that state Canadian ones will be specifically requested) are not specific to FS, so I'd wait for an explicit request for an RCMP check.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Yeah, I'm surprised the generic requests don't say "except Canada for the time being" or some such. And to be clear, clicking on the question mark says you don't need one, yes? I'd just screencap that and submit certs from other countries. Maybe include a LoE.

Did a search on the forum produce anything? I just looked for RCMP (with "recent" in adv search) and this came up: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-request.533387/#post-6581602. It's not Family Sponsorship but the police cert instructions (that state Canadian ones will be specifically requested) are not specific to FS, so I'd wait for an explicit request for an RCMP check.
Yeah i did a search but nothing really helped. Read that link but is a canadian police check an RCMP check (dont laugh if thats a stupid question!?). For some reason i thought they were different.

I am discussing this on another thread and a trusted poster reassures me that this is not a request for a canadian police check.

Problem is the question mark also gives "generic" info i think.

I would call the call centre and ask but really do i want to waste that 40 minutes of my life ending in an answer that i wouldnt entirely believe..no.

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeah i did a search but nothing really helped. Read that link but is a canadian police check an RCMP check (dont laugh if thats a stupid question!?). For some reason i thought they were different.

I am discussing this on another thread and a trusted poster reassures me that this is not a request for a canadian police check.

Problem is the question mark also gives "generic" info i think.

I would call the call centre and ask but really do i want to waste that 40 minutes of my life ending in an answer that i wouldnt entirely believe..no.
From the cic link How to get a police certificate - Canada
Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.
Different countries seem to name their police checks differently. Due to this I think "RCMP Check" is used interchangeably for "Criminal Record Check" or the generic PCC. In any case, cic lists only one in their instruction page, so there can't be other types of checks that they're after.

I think you're referring to my post ("enhanced AOR"?) and if so, I agree with what KHB(?) is saying.

If you're really worried, screencap the question mark bubble, even if generic. If CIC needs you to get the Criminal Record Check done, they'll ask for it. Which will probably be only after AOR2 anyway. I've lived in Canada for over 2 years (not living there currently though) and since CIC's instructions are that they'll explicitly request it, I don't plan to get it done unless asked.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
hi guys,

all a sudden there is a question come to me: since CIC has my email address , and they already emailing me, they won't send any mail to my home during the process, right?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
hi guys,

all a sudden there is a question come to me: since CIC has my email address , and they already emailing me, they won't send any mail to my home during the process, right?
Have you managed to link your account? If so, then all correspondance during the application process will go to your email/linked online mycic account. Only those that dont manage to link their applicant to an online account receive postal mail during the application process.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Have you managed to link your account? If so, then all correspondance during the application process will go to your email/linked online mycic account. Only those that dont manage to link their applicant to an online account receive postal mail during the application process.
Ok, thx! I did link the application to MyCIC account. I seldom check the home mailbox, so want to make sure I won't miss anything from CIC, hahaha

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
If you've spent more than 6 months in a country, even if only cumulatively, you need to provide PCC from that country. Only exception by default is Canada. If you're worried about not getting all certs in time, I think other forum members have said they sent a letter of explanation along with some proof of having applied for the certs (receipts, confirmation messages, etc.) In any case, I don't believe there's any cause for worry. CIC will just send you a message asking you to upload the ones they're missing I think.
canadaVisa10, Yeah to be on the safe side I'd better at least apply for PCC from those countries I have lived in the past before the deadline, so that I will have receipts in hand. What I don't get is though, instruction on MyCIC and the letter from CIC does not much. in the PCC request letter it says:
 At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
That is, for me only for the USA.