+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hello Christine,
How are you my name is Rusell and I'm from philippines too! I read your post regarding October 2017 submission of spousal sponsorship and we both the same date submitted. I got my AOR last tuesday 5 dec 2017 saying to link my application in mycic account. I tried to link but it doesnt work until now. Tried different ways also but unfortunate still not working. I passed 7 days to link and I phoned cic agent too and try to enter info that she gave but still no application found.

How about you kabayan, did you link your application already and how did you do it. Please if you already link your application through your online account please share it to me how you do it because I am a bit frustrated right now

Hope you have time to read my reply and share your success of linking application

Thank you so much and merry Christmas.

Rusel
Hello sir, thankfully I've already linked our application and our file is already been transferred to Manila visa office, please join the group 2017 Canada Spousal sponsorship in Facebook. You will get some ideas on how to link your app there. You can try to revoke your account and make another one using the same password. I guess that works for some who has trouble linking their application. I hope this will help.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
By the way, did you check your MyCIC account under the "Documents submitted by the client" section, for the schedule A, in the " details" section did it marked as " Replacement Provided, uplpaded filename:XXX" ?
Yes it says replacement provided Thanks !!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Yes i was misreading. The first email had uci and it was my husband. The second email just had a file number but no UCI?!?!?!
Are you the rep on the file? We got two emails as well but we bith have a uci

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm having trouble linking my account. I've put in all the info into the link an application, but it cannot find the info. I've tried a bunch of different combinations and followed the guidelines in the google spreadsheet. Anyone else had any issues with this or have any advice on how to link the account?
Received AOR today and I linked my application using the following combination (on the 6th try! Used two accounts after maximum tries exceeded):

Application Number & UCI - former the number starting with Fin AOR, latter from earlier visa
Skipped place of birth & country
Entered Passport Details
Entered province and city that we'd indicated we were going to live in.
Marital Status - Married
Number of family members, including primary applicant, that are part of this application* - 2 (Sponsor and me)

All the above information to be entered is of the PA's, if there's any confusion. Hope this helps. Good luck.

*My AOR pdf mentioned the number of family members explicitly. Not sure if this has always been the case (in which case, I don't understand the confusion amongst past forum members), but in case you have additional family members, consult AOR pdf sent to you to get the correct answer.

Last edited:

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yes i was misreading. The first email had uci and it was my husband. The second email just had a file number but no UCI?!?!?!
My AOR didn't mention my UCI either. The documents says "Your application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter..." but there's nothing on the top left --or anywhere else for that matter (other than the application number starting with F, that is)

I have a UCI from a recent visitor visa (which is different from earlier visitor and business visas) and since I could see my status on eCAS with that, used that one to link, and it worked. But I can confirm my AOR did not contain my UCI. @m.2055, you should be able to get it by calling CIC if needed but once you link the application, you'll see it anyway.

Last edited:

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Received request for Schedule A and police certificates this morning - 15th December

I actually have to supply multiple police certificates.. one from where i've spent most of my life - Scotland (so the UK) and one from here in Canada. I have until Jan 14th to submit them.

Not entirely sure of the process for getting the Canadian one so i hope its quick.. I got my UK one done a few weeks ago but didn't put getting a Canadian one into process as didn't know if it would be needed. :rolleyes:

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Received request for Schedule A and police certificates this morning - 15th December

I actually have to supply multiple police certificates.. one from where i've spent most of my life - Scotland (so the UK) and one from here in Canada. I have until Jan 14th to submit them.

Not entirely sure of the process for getting the Canadian one so i hope its quick.. I got my UK one done a few weeks ago but didn't put getting a Canadian one into process as didn't know if it would be needed. :rolleyes:
You will notice they usually just have option to upload one file for PCC. you can add the scanned PCC's into a word file or PDF and then upload the file. you add a cover letter on the first page of the PDF or word doc explaining that there are multiple PCC in this file, etc.

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Received AOR today and I linked my application using the following combination (on the 6th try! Used two accounts after maximum tries exceeded):

Application Number & UCI - Application number was on the AOR pdf (starting with F), UCI from earlier visa
Skipped place of birth & country
Entered Passport Details
Entered province and city that we'd indicated we were going to live in.
Marital Status - Married
Number of family members, including primary applicant, that are part of this application* - 2 (Sponsor and me)

All the above information to be entered is of the PA's, if there's any confusion. Hope this helps. Good luck.

*My AOR pdf mentioned the number of family members explicitly. Not sure if this has always been the case (in which case, I don't understand the confusion amongst past forum members), but in case you have additional family members, consult AOR pdf sent to you to get the correct answer.
When did they receive your application?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017

When we got the Schedule A request they never asked for PCC as we included one in the app from my wifes home country.

But still wondering if she needs one for Canada as she has been here several years, makes me think she will if you have been requested but will wait to see if it's requested (would have thought it would come with the initial Schedule A/PCC request like yourself but could be different being inland).

I think it's a quick process getting a Canadian one so you should be ok. you can always contact them and tell them you need an extension to the date if it takes longer.

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017

Was the one for Canada explicitly requested? I need to provide multiple ones as well so I got them ready to upload right after I get AOR to avoid any delay, but if they're requesting Canadian ones... :/ I haven't got a request for PCC (or Schedule A) so I've no idea how unambiguous the instructions are.

m.2055

Dec 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Yes we have a representative.
Finally got my schedule A, PCC and medical request today. And the much awaited UCI too.
How long till i get the sponsor approval

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeh lets us know what happens! Obviously they are processing the app with med requests etc.

Outland must be different to inland for Schedule A request? We got the request right after we linked the account with GCkey, both emails saying account was linked and another saying was a message in account (about Schedule A) came in one after the other, like it was automated after the linking.

I still never got any sponsor AOR, but can log into ecas OK with my details and the app number.
Even more random than that apparently because we're outland but no message for PCC or Schedule A. Got an email that I've received a message but all I see is "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) - December 15, 2017". Speaking of, is that supposed to be the medical request?

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
So this afternoon I (PA) received an email from CIC Missisauga and subject had "enhanced AOR for back office" with a document attached.

My partner (sponsor) received AOR on Friday and I linked ecas and GCKEY that day, then got medical request this morning.

Do all PAs get this enhanced AOR email? The email just says Mississauga received it 25th oct etc, please link, note about passports etc. and "Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records."

The PDF document attached has a part in it

"For your application, we have identified that there are documents which are missing and we will request. Please take the time to link your application so that we can quickly and efficiently ask for the documents, and you can quickly and efficiently submit them digitally. If you have not linked your application to an online account within 7 calendar days, we will send you an email to which you will be asked to respond via regular mail. This will introduce delays into the processing of your application."

Is that normal? Are they just referring to the police cert and schedule A that they will request?

Just thought I'd ask as hadn't seen anyone say anything about this.
Same. But no "regular" AOR either.

It looks like something is missing give it a day or two to register in gckey or give them a call and see whats missing. Mine didnt say anything like that when i got it...
It doesn't really make sense because you're not supposed to submit schedule A upfront, so how could it be missing?
That's a good point. I wonder if it's because they sent the AOR a couple days after ECAS shows that they started processing my Sponsor eligibility ...
I doubt it's to do with any actually missing documents. The very first line in the document is "This is an automated system-generated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application", so I think it is just a poorly worded way of saying the application is missing Schedule-A/PCC/Medical (which the application is allowed to and still not be considered "incomplete"). At best, some legacy wording that they haven't changed after they made the changes to spouse sponsorship completeness criteria I think.