+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
My wife is Canadian and she's sponsoring me. We currently live in the U.S (she has a green card). We sent our application off on 9/26/2017, so I'm guessing they didn't receive it until October. We haven't heard anything yet. Have you guys gotten anything back?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
My wife is Canadian and she's sponsoring me. We currently live in the U.S (she has a green card). We sent our application off on 9/26/2017, so I'm guessing they didn't receive it until October. We haven't heard anything yet. Have you guys gotten anything back?
Did you use a method of delivery that includes tracking?

Mississauga still seems to still be working on acknowledging receipt of applications that were received in August with no reports yet of AORs for September applicants listed in the spreadsheet. Based on that, it may take a while before you have an official notice.

Granted it's a very small sample of applicants, but based on the information in the spreadsheets it can take upwards of 40 days before you get official notice.

Did you register for the text message notification which was available until Sept. 30?

Diya86

Sep 12, 2017
Hi All

Our family currently living in UAE. My wife is Canadian and we have two kids which they got their Canadian Passports before 2 years. My wife is sponsoring me. We sent Our Application by end of Sep. Received at Case processing centre on 3-OCT.

We haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: Pritch52

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Did you use a method of delivery that includes tracking?

Mississauga still seems to still be working on acknowledging receipt of applications that were received in August with no reports yet of AORs for September applicants listed in the spreadsheet. Based on that, it may take a while before you have an official notice.

Granted it's a very small sample of applicants, but based on the information in the spreadsheets it can take upwards of 40 days before you get official notice.

Did you register for the text message notification which was available until Sept. 30?
We just sent it regular mail and didn't sign up for the text messaging either. I wish I could go back and do both! Haha. Oh well, I was just curious. Thanks for the response! It's nice to know how long it might take, instead of getting excited when I hear my email go off.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
We just sent it regular mail and didn't sign up for the text messaging either. I wish I could go back and do both! Haha. Oh well, I was just curious. Thanks for the response! It's nice to know how long it might take, instead of getting excited when I hear my email go off.
Good luck! I've yet to go through the process and I know the waiting will be killer.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi, I've sent our application on October 3rd and it was received on October 4 in the cic mailroom. I am a permanent resident and I am sponsoring my husband in the Philippines. I hope that the processing of applications will be much faster lol. I can't wait to finally start our life together.

LMBF

Oct 9, 2017
Azores-Portugal
Doc's Request.
Schedule A request Dec 28-2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30 - 2017
Med's Request
Dec 30 - 2017
Med's Done....
Jan
Hi, I'm a naturalized Canadian and sponsoring my husband. We both live in Portugal (islands) our daughter has also her canadian certificate. We've been on this process for a while now, but only last week we finally sent what was missing to our legal representative in canada. As soon as they receive our signed forms, our app will be submited, hopefully sometime in between this and next week.

Reactions: Pritch52

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi, I've sent our application on October 3rd and it was received on October 4 in the cic mailroom. I am a permanent resident and I am sponsoring my husband in the Philippines. I hope that the processing of applications will be much faster lol. I can't wait to finally start our life together.
Hi, when you say it was received in the CIC mailroom: did you receive a text from CIC (if you'd registered for the CIC text message notification) or do you know this by other means of tracking? Thanks.

LMBF

Oct 9, 2017
Azores-Portugal
Doc's Request.
Schedule A request Dec 28-2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30 - 2017
Med's Request
Dec 30 - 2017
Med's Done....
Jan
So I've been reading other threads, in outland sponsorship...and throughout the process, CIC has been requesting things like passports, criminal records, etc...
With the forms, I've included marriage certificate, birth certificates, proof of canadian citizenship for me and my daughter, along with both canadian passports, and portuguese passport for my husband, his criminal records, medical exams (were done a year ago, might be expired by now) letter of family member living in canada, promising to support us when we get there, letters from family members recognizing our marriage, bank account statement, proof that we support eachother, proof that we own the same house, proof that we live together (same address) proof we have same bank account, pictures of wedding ceremony, pictures of our entire life together with location, date and names (in case others were in picture)...don't know if I'm mising anything...
Has anyone else submitted all that?